PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: ZXR250 motor / whole bike

shandawg
18th May 2004, 17:38
As a few of you already know I have just bought a zxr250 with a motor that is not 100%.

Rather than giving it new rings, timing chain etc, a whole motor may work out easier.

If any of you guys know of a good motor or a whole (crashed or something) bike please pm me

cheers :2thumbsup

Wenier
19th May 2004, 21:32
mines the whole bike good motor but 3k is probably to high for wut u want it for

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 21:48
dude before you go that far try setting the tappets correctly.
you never know it might be all it needs

aff-man
21st May 2004, 10:00
Yip i had the hassel of replacing a vt250 engine and that was enough for me. The engine it'self cost $800 and then i still needed to bike shop to do a few things i didn't have the tools for. And i think the zxr engines may be more expensive but go check out atomic and mt eden motorcyles. I think saw an engine in mt eden on wednesday - minus carbs though but i don't think there is anything wrong with the carbs on chrises ex-bike :cool:

Kwaka-Kid
23rd May 2004, 21:26
Dude, firstly sorry to say my mate (YourMostWanter on KB) got nailed by some asian pulling a U turn/right turn on a country road on his 1991 ZXR250, its going to be written off and is in my garage atm, he was considering buying the wreck as it is being coverd by insurence, im sure it would be worth your while once its gone to Mt eden to be assesed in a few days to find out where and when its being auctioned - as im sure it will be written off, bent forks and whole front end smashed, but radiator and engine fine, and tail peice unmarked. Prolly worth what? coupla hundred @ auction?.
Anyways mate is fine now, no thanks to the prick that went left.. my mate went to overtake then he swung right wihtout indicating.. argh i could kill the man, or just deport his fresh ass.

shandawg
23rd May 2004, 21:50
[QUOTE=Kwaka-Kid]Dude, firstly sorry to say my mate (YourMostWanter on KB) got nailed by some asian pulling a U turn/right turn on a country road on his 1991 ZXR250, its going to be written off and is in my garage atm...QUOTE]

Yeah keen mate, would love to know when the bike's gonna be up for auction for sure :)