PDA

View Full Version : Almost pushed too hard

Fatjim
7th June 2006, 16:58
Man what a beatiful day. I got up this morning and said to myself, "I feel a half day coming on".

So about 1pm I toodle off towards the "hill", you know the one, yep thats right, the one Jimbo is king of, cough cough.

Anyway, rode up making lots of noise and had a break at the top to chat to a couple of non KB'ers, one on a very very lusty 675, the other on a faired ER-6, also very tasty, for a parallel twin anyway.

Well anyway, went for a toodle down to fthe feathers side with the 675, got a little air/twitchy on the bottom straight on the way back up and thought everything was cool, but I just couldn't get things right. Lines we're off, just couldn;'t get the bike in tight on the leftys, exiting wide and having to close the throttle a bit to keep to the left of the centre line. Nothing throws my rythm than having to stop going wide.

Well got back to the top and had a bit more a chat, and a bit more of an oogle at the 675. not too shabby. But I really needed to go back down as I don't like leaving the hill that way.
So of I went. Much better trip, worked on getting it in tight both on the way down and back up. Much better.

Anyway, the sun was now starting to get into my eyes so the Feathers side is starting to lose it's appeal, so after a cuppa tea at the top I head down the Hutt side, which at this time of year has a couple of spots that don't see the light. Anyway pushed hard going down except for the wet spots, and gave it heaps coming back up. Saw one cop coming the way so slowed a bit and started to whistle as you do. Then off again, man I love the way the vtwin pulls. Ignored the next 3 coppers coming down, they didn;t seem to care that this big fat bastard was hanging off his bike and getting the front wheel off the ground.

Man that was good. Well now it's getting a little late and I have to head back to pick the cage up from the auto electrician. Time for one more downhill jaunt. Yeeha, off I go, ringning it out where's it dry and pussying it where it's wet. Carefull at the bottom to slow down because one of those nasty coppers might be lurking around trying to get mearer to there quota.

Any, I thought that ride deserved a celebration so I decided to squeeze one out. But I pushed a little too hard and out it came with a little more gusto than I had expected. Uh oh, what do you do. I'm 15 minutes from home and I suspect I might have drawn a little more mud than is considered good etecit, even when riding alone. Needless to say I wasn't hanging off the bike for the rest of the trip!

So what should I have done. Stop for a quick inspection? or is the there little point.

I'm interested in the "lady" kber's point of view too.

sugilite
7th June 2006, 17:04
Don't they have nice soft fabric in the back of police cars? You could have "slid" into the back seat for a "wee" chat then done a "runna" out of there!:blip:

Crasherfromwayback
7th June 2006, 17:04
Invest in adult sized diapers.
Then sqeeze as hard as you like.

madboy
7th June 2006, 17:05
On the contrary, you should have hung off the bike. Would have prevented any possibility of transfer onto the bike.

Dafe
7th June 2006, 17:05
Try getting a real bike bro - So you can go fast. (What we call fast!)

Your the only guy I know that could pop the bike onto the back wheel with the brakes on, simply by sliding his ass back on the bike.

Fatjim
7th June 2006, 18:32
I'm trying to master the VTR before I get real horsepower.

When I'm skinny enough to get into my new leathers I'll start trying to get my knee down like you Dafe.:thud:

Madness
7th June 2006, 18:41
Wow. What a cliffhanger of a post there Jim. Pity it had such a shit ending.

/Edit: Police college sometimes run training days on the hill on a wednesday. They try to go up & down the Hutt side within a set time (18min?) without crossing the centre-line. Gave me the shits the first time I saw them, mind you, I'm paranoid.

Jonty
7th June 2006, 18:43
just be thankful that it was not caused by an involentary movement as the bars start a shakin and a slappin.

Good to see that you are at least putting a little effort into you riding - I would reconsider carryign a pillion in future though:nya:

boomer
7th June 2006, 18:44
So the moral of this Story FatJim??

STOP EATING ALL THE FK'IN PIES MAN !!!

NC
7th June 2006, 18:47
Hummm
Well I wouldn't post about it!:shutup:

:laugh:

yungatart
7th June 2006, 18:52
So the moral of this Story FatJim??

STOP EATING ALL THE FK'IN PIES MAN !!!
If you eat more fibre, y'know - fruit vegetables,cucumber and whole grain cereals - you shouldn't have to push so hard.. it can cause piles you realise?

Sensei
7th June 2006, 18:54
Fast / hard / pushing ?? You aren't talking about your riding clearly :nya:

Dafe
7th June 2006, 19:07
I'm trying to master the VTR before I get real horsepower.

When I'm skinny enough to get into my new leathers I'll start trying to get my knee down like you Dafe.:thud:

So you should too, 13 years riding and only the one off at Manfield.

I could teach you a thing or two.....
Like.... How to score a hattrick of tries against your rugby team in under 60 minutes.:killingme

Here's the deal, you show me a nice knee down corner maneuvre in the next 3 months and I'll shout you a 6 pack of pies. (Steak & Cheese too!)
If only I was in the tyre buisness!!!

Fatjim
7th June 2006, 20:46
Na, mate, I'll just get the grinder out. I here it's the thing to do.

Fatjim
7th June 2006, 20:48
Wow. What a cliffhanger of a post there Jim. Pity it had such a shit ending.

/Edit: Police college sometimes run training days on the hill on a wednesday. They try to go up & down the Hutt side within a set time (18min?) without crossing the centre-line. Gave me the shits the first time I saw them, mind you, I'm paranoid.

Well the last guy failed. He crossed the centre line, I almost had to move over for him.

Shadows
7th June 2006, 23:20
Next time wear bicycle clips. Holds it in nicely.

Lazy7
8th June 2006, 00:35
i've had it happen. was sick as a dog at the time. bad bout of food poising that lasted about a week. was shitting mountain dew. you know what i am talking about.

anyway - so i let one rip. split second i was like - yeap, thats going to smell... insert satisfied smiley here.

then a split second later...

oh no. that REALLY is going to smell.

stopped as soon as i could get off the road. used what was left of my boxers to clean up, chucked them in the bushes and went commando for the rest of the ride home.

its not nice.

but whats worse is riding home in a pair of pants full of brown porridge. You never know who you are going to run into.

Uncle B
8th June 2006, 08:04
Now the truth comes out....

It was really Fatjim and not the cattle truck that messed up the hill :sick:

Thanks mate

Squeak the Rat
8th June 2006, 08:45
stopped as soon as i could get off the road. used what was left of my boxers to clean up, chucked them in the bushes and went commando for the rest of the ride home.

its not nice.

but whats worse is riding home in a pair of pants full of brown porridge. You never know who you are going to run into.
Aaaah, the old disposable undies trick.

The problem is then having to ride home knowing that you no longer have a back up plan. One more squeeze and those leathers need a good wash.....

skelstar
8th June 2006, 09:31
Now the truth comes out....
Easily the best reply so far. No wanking on about bike brands or riding ability.
Much respect for posting about it FJ, but Im not sure i would have :).

Lou Girardin
8th June 2006, 10:07
What is this?
True bodily function confessions?

Masterchop
20th June 2006, 16:47
Thanks Fatjim,havnt had a dump in 2 days and your story brought on one of the best cables I have ever laid.

Uncle B
20th June 2006, 16:58
Thanks Fatjim,havnt had a dump in 2 days and your story brought on one of the best cables I have ever laid.
Too much information LOL