PDA

View Full Version : Shadow bolt-on stuff

scoop
8th June 2006, 17:19
G'day,
Just got myself an '05 750 Shadow and pretty damn pleased with it too just quietly. But where the frig does everyone get their accessories from in this country? Am looking for a windshield, backrest and saddlebags. Is GIVI the only distributor here. Do people mail order from overseas or is there someone on the mainland NZ that does this stuff?

cheers

Motig
9th June 2006, 14:36
Doesn't Honda have accessories for these? Try them first.

vs04
10th June 2006, 06:53
G'day,
Just got myself an '05 750 Shadow and pretty damn pleased with it too just quietly. But where the frig does everyone get their accessories from in this country? Am looking for a windshield, backrest and saddlebags. Is GIVI the only distributor here. Do people mail order from overseas or is there someone on the mainland NZ that does this stuff?

cheers
Hi.Just keep scrolling down, there,s a thread about ordering on the net somewhere.I,ve just ordered a givi windsheild and was told i,d have to wait 8 to 10 weeks for it to arrive from italy as they don,t stock it anymore,i think it,s time NZ caught up with the rest of the world.

98tls
10th June 2006, 07:14
8/10 weeks sounds strange..i buy a fair bit of stuff overseas..the last thing i bought was an undertail from Canada and it only took 7 days from go to whoa.maybe you have been here already but they sell a few bits and pieces for cruisers www.sportsbikesnz.co.nz

vs04
10th June 2006, 07:22
8/10 weeks sounds strange..i buy a fair bit of stuff overseas..the last thing i bought was an undertail from Canada and it only took 7 days from go to whoa.maybe you have been here already but they sell a few bits and pieces for cruisers www.sportsbikesnz.co.nz
Apparantly it,s coming by boat but i,m happy to wait.

sunhuntin
10th June 2006, 19:31
Apparantly it,s coming by boat but i,m happy to wait.

hah...yeh. whod you order through? whitelocks took 5 weeks to get me my speedo! first it was coming from the south island, then it was coming in a container from who knows where and the guys "dont have time to look for such a small part" shouldnt they have parts like on site?

98tls
11th June 2006, 07:24
Apparantly it,s coming by boat but i,m happy to wait. sounds about right for a boat..i bought a clutch cover from germany and it was 10 weeks,they neglected to tell me it was sent on a boat and after three weeks i was ringing all over the world trying to track the damn thing down:wait:

vs04
12th June 2006, 21:57
hah...yeh. whod you order through? whitelocks took 5 weeks to get me my speedo! first it was coming from the south island, then it was coming in a container from who knows where and the guys "dont have time to look for such a small part" shouldnt they have parts like on site?
Hi sunhuntin.I ordered through joe lett,it would be a cold day in hell before i ordered anything through that other crowd.

sunhuntin
13th June 2006, 14:29
lol. who do you recommend for a service? im not going to go back to whitelocks, and wasnt very impressed with joe letts, but ive only been to them once.
thinking of going to turnbulls in palmy....

vs04
14th June 2006, 20:16
lol. who do you recommend for a service? im not going to go back to whitelocks, and wasnt very impressed with joe letts, but ive only been to them once.
thinking of going to turnbulls in palmy....
What happened at joe lett?we,ve always been happy with them,but if you want another mechanic,try brian thorley, maria place extension,he,s right next door to sport wanganui.I get brian to do my oil etc as he,s an amsoil dealer,really good mechanic.

diggydog
17th June 2006, 16:51
Hi.Just keep scrolling down, there,s a thread about ordering on the net somewhere.I,ve just ordered a givi windsheild and was told i,d have to wait 8 to 10 weeks for it to arrive from italy as they don,t stock it anymore,i think it,s time NZ caught up with the rest of the world.
i'm in same thing trying to get items rather than paying the earth for them, i agree with what you said, we need to catch up with the rest of the world.:yes:

aiki
19th June 2006, 19:44
Suzuki in Wanganui are great for bits and bobs and I just got some mirrors from http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/StoreCatalogDisplay/c-10111/s-10101 and it was quick and painless, and good frieght charge costs. Email international@jcwhitney.com with an item number for a quote.

vs04
19th June 2006, 20:04
Suzuki in Wanganui are great for bits and bobs and I just got some mirrors from http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/StoreCatalogDisplay/c-10111/s-10101 and it was quick and painless, and good frieght charge costs. Email international@jcwhitney.com with an item number for a quote.
Hi aiki.I see you,ve got an s83,i,ve just bought the 06 model as well[red model].Did you have trouble with the stock mirrors? i can,t see shit out of mine so i may have to look at something a little different.Cheers.

cmp
22nd September 2006, 22:06
The best place I have found for "bolt ons"for the shadow (or any other cruiser) is web order from:
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/
They have thousands of parts at good prices. You can check out my bike and the parts I have purchased from them at http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/cmphoto

Good luck!!