PDA

View Full Version : Honda 900 hornet Owners

ratusratus
8th June 2006, 19:51
Please can you tell me all about them good and bad!!
Including commuting and long distance and dont hold back please!!

Kendog
8th June 2006, 20:20
I hope you have done a search on the following:
Hornet
CB900

Plenty of threads about this fantastic bike.

Commuting
No probs, I ride daily to and from work (15min each way) very easy around town.

Touring
Seat is a little firm and there are some vibes in the bars at about 5,000 rpm. Otherwise all good.

This is a great bike, as I have said many times I love this bike (and the spare one when in the garrage when the need arrises :scooter: )

Trudes
8th June 2006, 21:44
This is a great bike, as I have said many times I love this bike (and the spare one when in the garrage when the need arrises :scooter: )

F**k you bitch, That's my baby you're talking about there!!! Guess you're walking to work tomorrow, borrow my bike? Get stuffed!
P.S. I love you:nya:

Big Dave
8th June 2006, 21:49
Please can you tell me all about them good and bad!!
Including commuting and long distance and dont hold back please!!

It's $11,000 worth of Speed Triple. I stoppied it, pulled a decent mono and love the front end.

If you read Kiwi Rider magazine you would have a test by someone you know, already.:nya:

Zapf
9th June 2006, 00:00
very good bike... had a 05 GSXR750 and 05 900 Hornet.... I end up taking the Hornet out more.

I even found out there is a top end with those Hornets...

Torque everywhere, you can ride it lazy / carefree or agressively. Will help you keep your license too, cause you get reminded of the wind speed more often.

Long distance can require a bit of effort, as the constant wind buffering. Best to get a screen fitted.

Have done the South Island on it, no complains.... not for 11k :)

Devil
9th June 2006, 09:34
Just watch out that it doesn't turn you into a tea sipping nancy ;)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31102&d=1146435913

WickedOne
9th June 2006, 09:39
Great bike mate, no complaints. Do a search though, you will find heaps about them on KB.

TerminalAddict
9th June 2006, 09:46
It's $11,000 worth of Speed Triple. I stoppied it, pulled a decent mono and love the front end.

If you read Kiwi Rider magazine you would have a test by someone you know, already.:nya:
I read that ;) and I'm booking a test ride this weekend hopefully ....

WickedOne
9th June 2006, 09:55
I read that ;) and I'm booking a test ride this weekend hopefully ....

Enjoy it, let us know what you think....

Krayy
9th June 2006, 10:28
Just watch out that it doesn't turn you into a tea sipping nancy ;)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31102&d=1146435913
I didn't know Felix was that way inclined :wait:

BTW, anyone done a comparo between the Hornet and Z750-S?

PuppetMaster
9th June 2006, 10:36

What Dave said.

Zapf
9th June 2006, 10:59
I didn't know Felix was that way inclined :wait:

BTW, anyone done a comparo between the Hornet and Z750-S?

funny enough I was drinking hot tea at Kopu last Sat after a chilly morning leg from Auckland.

Did borrow a Z750 from Red Baron for a round the block. The Hornet eats it for torque, one of the major reasons why you would buy a Hornet.

The Z1000 is again different... but at a much different $ again.

Main thing about the Hornet is torque everywhere... where as from memory the Z1000 has more oompf up at the top end but not any better than the Hornet in the low / mid range.

HenryDorsetCase
9th June 2006, 12:24
I love mine. even though its sitting under a sheet in the garage at the moment because its winter and I am too pussy to ride when its cold.

theres a thread I started about handlebar upgrades (hint: DONT DO WHAT I DID). and I am saving money for a better rear shock and to re-work the forks. If I can afford it I intend to do PC3/dyno tune/pipes or bafflectomy and then ride the wheels off it.

It reminds me of the SOHC CB750's I had when younger: enough grunt, enough speed, decent handling, GREAT price, Honda build quality and it does everything you ask of it cheerfully. going for a scratch, sure... two up touring, when do we leave?

best value new motorcycle on the market in NZ at present in my opinion.

Kendog
9th June 2006, 19:36
Have you seen this.
Trademe (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=58397450)
Looks like a good deal

Zapf
9th June 2006, 22:33
Have you seen this.
Trademe (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=58397450)
Looks like a good deal

yea looks good... a steal at 8k

TerminalAddict
9th June 2006, 22:35
no trade in tho :(