PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.

Jackrat
19th May 2004, 22:31
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there that won't own a more powerfull bike because they don't trust themselfs??
I decided a few years ago that I won't own another bike over 500-650cc because I tend to get carryed away with my self.My last big prang was the second.You know what's said about #3 huh!!

spudchucka
19th May 2004, 22:39
I'd love a bike like an R1 or ZX10 but won't buy one because I can visualise myself becoming a wet spot on the road somewhere. I've been thinking long and hard about trading down to either a big trail bike, (TT600) or a 600cc sports bike, (ZX636) but can't talk myself into parting with the V2 as yet.

BritStorm
19th May 2004, 22:51
I'm pretty much the same. I'm now paranoid about losing my license for speeding. I've not had that many big scares or near misses but know I'd never really do justice to a GSXR 1000, or R1 as I simply don't have the skill, anyway, the track is the best place to really get the most out of bikes like that if only for the sake of keeping your license.

You guys who ride these quick on the roads have my respect, I just don't want to take the risk.

Zed
19th May 2004, 23:32
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there that won't own a more powerfull bike because they don't trust themselfs??
I decided a few years ago that I won't own another bike over 500-650cc because I tend to get carryed away with my self.My last big prang was the second.You know what's said about #3 huh!!
I suppose I'm a bit like that. Decided a number of years ago that the 600cc was my niche bike...probably won't upgrade in size because of that decision, however tempting it may be.

I have owned bigger bikes- the 600cc machine can easily get one into as much trouble as the 1000cc can! :whistle:

Antallica
19th May 2004, 23:39
Yeah I'm rather hesitant to go into the bigger 600+. Mainly seeing as I'm only like 164cm, so I'm quite the midget holding up them bigger beasts.

Shazuki
20th May 2004, 06:01
I will probably restrain myself -once I have a 600cc bike-from going any bigger.its not like a 600 cant lose your license for you but a 1000ccI4 is just so bloody fast to accellerate I struggle to brake in time :blink:

madandy
20th May 2004, 06:07
I love speed/accelleration
There have been a few moments where, for just that extra little bit of power I have held a gear or trottle wide open to enjoy a 1000cc's power and nearly left the braking too late, forgeting how much heavier they were than my own bike.I spose the likes of the R1 at 170kgs is just as easy to slow as a 600 but it will be going faster so you still need to brake earlier?
I dont trust myself with a four cylinder 1000cc at all.A twin, on the other hand I look forward to.

PuppetMaster
20th May 2004, 07:19
I feel a bit the same in that I find it hard to control the urge to fly.
I would love to have a blat on an R1 or something, but i can see myself being like someone said, a wetspot on the road.

On the other hand, Id like a 1450cc or 1350cc Harley.

White trash
20th May 2004, 07:29
It's not that I can't trust myself, it's just that I don't need it. If I started to get left behind on rides, she'd be a different story.

merv
20th May 2004, 07:51
I can trust myself but I don't change my bikes often because I'm too tight for that and when you get them to fit you nicely I can't be bothered changing and suffering all the depreciation that goes with it. If the VFR had been 1000 cc in 1994 I still would have bought it. I looked at the CBR600 and the Fireblade at the time, but the clincher in the end was the VFR had a clock on the dash and a hydraulic clutch and was generally a much nicer all round bike so I bought it sight unseen because they hadn't even released the model in NZ when I ordered it. That was trusting eh! Just went by what the previous model was like. A Fireblade might have gone about 15km/hr faster back in 1994 and that was about all so it didn't bother me.

What?
20th May 2004, 08:23
I have ridden a few late model, fully-faired 1000 - 1100's, and found every one was doing 160+ without me realising it. My F650 and CB1100F both cruise nicely at 120 - 130. They can both go faster, but I don't tend to feel the need these days, not to mention the consequences of our saviours catching me... I have had a few light-flashes and finger-waves at 120, but shouldn't think the cops would be quite so generous if I was doing 220.
However, I do like a bit of grunt, so I could see myself on something like a GSX1400.

boris
20th May 2004, 08:44
I have set myself under 650 sort of,It depends on the bike.I would buy a Triumph Thrucxon 900,if it wasn't so many $,because of the power it make is a lot less than a jap 900 sport bike .The biggest bike i have ridden was my father bmw r900/6,i used that to get to work for a few mouths,a real pig of a bike in Wellington rush hour.My Yamaha Rz250 was heaps faster.It scared the shit of him when he took it for a ride and it lifted its front wheel.

boris

Motoracer
20th May 2004, 10:15
I am unsure about that one. I think I'll go with the young and stupid excuse (while I still can) and get me a nice R1 as soon as I can afford it :D

I am still bloody happy with my 600. 1000 is just the next level of pure enjoyment. I think a 600 is big enough for the road though.

Ghost Lemur
20th May 2004, 10:36
Yeah I'm rather hesitant to go into the bigger 600+. Mainly seeing as I'm only like 164cm, so I'm quite the midget holding up them bigger beasts.

I'm the same. Not quite as short, but also a skinny geek (<60kg), so even standing next to a six hundy gives me the freaks atm. The thought of ever going bigger than that is extremely unlikely.

Then again, once I've worked my way up to mastering a six I may be of a different opinion. Unlikely though.

Motoracer
20th May 2004, 10:52
I'm the same. Not quite as short, but also a skinny geek (<60kg).

Valentino Rossi is 59KGs.

Motu
20th May 2004, 11:00
I don't really care how powerfull a bike I could have - I just wouldn't use it if it was too much.

I find I really like a 60hp 750 - just seems to be perfect for me...that's the same as the top bikes in the 70s,like Tridents,Commandos,Ducatis and Guzzis,the Jap stuff of that era were powerful - but way too dangerous to ride fast.

I definatly wouldn't like a bike that took me over my head - that was fun on dirt bikes...woooah,that was scary,didn't know I could ride like that! but on the road you can't pull off the big saves.

scroter
20th May 2004, 11:16
got a 600. best bike Ive ever ridden. loved the gsxr1000 too but I dont need it not carrying passengers so what for why pay the extra dollars to be honest even on the track the 600s bloody quick. I was highly impressed how it went at Taupo training day on Sunday just gone. I dont think theres a lot of difference between the 600s and the thous but then im not trying to make the straights fast just the corners. 600 all the way. thous are for people that cant be bothered changing gear or who are carring passengers. nuff said

Motoracer
20th May 2004, 11:28
thous are for people that cant be bothered changing gear or who are carring passengers. nuff said

Or if you like the feeling of flying on one wheel (I don't mean intentional wheelies but you know how it comes up after corners or over a creast and you just let it stay up for a while for fun). Thats power and I love it! :love:

vifferman
20th May 2004, 11:29
No, it's not just you.

I found when I was commuting on my VF500 that I was tending to hoon quite a bit, and when I was talking to a friend with a Honda 450 cruiser, he said that he didn't feel the need for speed - it was a much more relaxed ride. So I considered all the options when replacing the VF, and even took a cruiser for a test ride. Just not my cup of tea though.
I still tended to hoon on the VFR, though probably not as much as I do now on the VTR. One of the problems is it seems to be just plodding along, whereas in reality it's doing warp speed, albeit in a lazy fashion. If I was smart, I'd get a much smaller bike, especially for commuting. That would hopefully keep me out of trouble, and save costs. The VTR is lucky to get 120 km between fills while commuting, and isn't cheap on tyres, chains 'n sprockets and the like. It doesn't actually make sense, but then for me riding isn't a sensible thing anyway....

I have no desire to own an R1, GSXR1000 or Fireblade, but wouldn't mind having a ride on any of these. I do have an itch to get another VFR, and may do so one day, or maybe just give up riding altogether.

Milky
20th May 2004, 14:40
......or maybe just give up riding altogether.

:eek5: how could you utter those words here??? I think you need to book yourself into some therapy classes real quick :grouphug:

bungbung
20th May 2004, 15:01
...I think you need to book yourself into some therapy classes real quick

<b>retail</b> therapy that is...

Big Dog
20th May 2004, 17:43
It is obviously not just you jack. I reckon me owning a GSXR1000 is a long way off for different reasons.
Cant afford the bike.
Cant afford the insurance.
I don't even use the whole 105 anymore, 185 would just be 80 wasted ponies until I get a lot better and some track time.
Main attracton of sommink like that is bragging rights and better handling than what I already have.

rettun
21st May 2004, 09:26
Biggest road bike i've riden is a 250, tho i've sat on bigger... and basically I want something big and stupidly fast, whats wrong wit that :spudwhat: hehe :)

I just love the feeling of power, offroad i've riden everything from kx60's(lol) right through to to the 500's(all 2 stroke) and some of the bigger 4's and loved it. Siiiigh, anyone know how to make bankaccounts grow faster? :>

James Deuce
21st May 2004, 09:37
I've got a 75HP twin and I'm totally happy with it. I think Mike Hailwood was right when he said 80HP was enough for anyone.

Dr Bob
21st May 2004, 09:52
Howdy, I'm 110kg and although I'm on a 750, this is still too small for me. I'm really only a commuter, having fallen into domestication. But even on the mway you need a little weight beneath you for stability. I test rode a GS1200ss a month back and would see this as a safer bike than my 20yr old Yamaha, mainly because it has an old motor / frame design and isn't a thoroughbred - but it has modern brakes and actually stops. Stopping - yes this is something that I would like to be able to do.

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 10:22
I guess I'm lucky (or stupid) Theere isn't a bike on the road I would not feel fine to throw a leg over. Control is in your use of the right wrist I guess.
That said when Baby Bikie came along I made an active decision to slow my riding down.I couldn't even imagine life without a bike so rather than go for a smaller bike I switched to a more sedate type of bike.I bought a Venture royal which was WAAY too far the other way. I changed to a GTR1000. which in its day was a fine sports tourer.
Because It doesn't really handle and has not so good brakes it has slowwed me down to its pace.
Ive got the road presence of a big bike but basicly with the power of a modern 600

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 10:29
Howdy, I'm 110kg and although I'm on a 750, this is still too small for me. I'm really only a commuter, having fallen into domestication. But even on the mway you need a little weight beneath you for stability. I test rode a GS1200ss a month back and would see this as a safer bike than my 20yr old Yamaha, mainly because it has an old motor / frame design and isn't a thoroughbred - but it has modern brakes and actually stops. Stopping - yes this is something that I would like to be able to do.
Bob --Give me a Pm --I might just have an answer to your stopping problem.
Im a bit of an XJ freak so Id be keen to hear from you. :blah:

Devil
21st May 2004, 10:47
Ok im a just a learner here, and as I can only drool over the larger bikes all I can go off is stats.
Late model 600cc sports vs say SV1000S, TL1000R. Where are the big differences? Just torque on the twins behalf?
250cc to 1000cc Twin a bad idea?
Would you put the 1000cc twins in the with the 1000cc multi's in this respect?

When i get to my full I dont think ill go hardcore sports. id be keen on say a ZZR600, I think the SV1000SK3 is sexy too but would go without if people didnt think it was a wise step up...

fpsware
21st May 2004, 10:58
I'm more than happy with my ZXR 600 for now. I'll probably keep it for another year, 2 at the most. Then I'll be upgrading to a new 600 or a slightly older 1000.

Realistically I think a new 600 would be more than enough for me.

Cajun
21st May 2004, 11:34
what year zxr600 you got fpsware

fpsware
21st May 2004, 11:37
what year zxr600 you got fpsware
Small mistake, 400.

classic case of my keyboard not typing what I think.

Cajun
21st May 2004, 12:51
ahhh 92 400 they nice little machines, i use have one as well nice sexy blue colour, later turned in to a race bike.

riffer
21st May 2004, 13:24
I used to think my 100hp 750 was more than enough power and I guess it still is.

I'lll keep it, but I'd occasionally like to try something really fast. I have a friend with a ZX12R and another with a power commandered TL1000S, who insist that you can never have too much power, but for the moment, I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

After all, I rarely exceed the speed limit and IIRC my old GP125 used to go over the speed limit (with my head on the tank) and that had about 12 hp.

Jim2, how long ago did Mike the Bike say that 80hp was all you'd ever need?

ManDownUnder
21st May 2004, 13:30

Knowing your limits and tendencies (i.e. to kill yourself if given too many horses) is an admirable thing - I wish more people knew theirs.

That being said - I think the 500 sized bikes are awesome fun anyhoo - I'm thinking of (gasp) downsizing from the 900 myself... have been for a while. Lots of power but when do you use it except on the track... more fuel, tires and brakes is what it costs!

Thanks - now I've confused myself - should I stay 900 (coz I really do like the bike) or downsize... hmmmmmmm
MDU

Slim
21st May 2004, 13:35
I don't ride a 600cc bike because I don't trust myself, but because I realise that it's more than enough for my needs. I have, and still do, ride bigger bikes & don't have a probem keeping it sane or within my limits while I'm riding them.

Cajun
21st May 2004, 13:55
celticno6 - yeha i know what you mean, my brother in law as just brought a zx10r i mean 180hp thats just insane, where are you ever gonna use, that, you arn't even gonna be able to use that on a track unless you hang out rossi or his mates on the real race tracks. But like you i am happy with what i got, thats why we got in to this to have fun and be happy (c:<

Mandownunder - i know your feeling i went from an 96 gsxr1100 with over 130hp at rw to a 04 gsxr600 with only like 105ish hp at rw, the 600 is so much fun to ride tons more enjoyment, but i must say i was looking for an rf900 when i got the 1100, but the 600/750 bikes are primo size bikes for the road, unless you carry passagers other wise i would go to something bigger, eg your rf, 600s are llittle small for carrying passagers comfable. But if you are happy with the bike keep it, other wise you will reget, you only change we you are had enough of the bike or not happy with it any more.

Slim i am little the same i mean my old 1100 i got it to like 280km/h and it was still going, and thats just far to much really for the roads, and i have noticed on bigger bikes when you are going for a good thrash you are doing like 200km/h around corners where on the 600 i have noticed you are only less than this, still well above speed limit, but not well well over speed limit.

James Deuce
21st May 2004, 14:15
I used to think my 100hp 750 was more than enough power and I guess it still is.

I'lll keep it, but I'd occasionally like to try something really fast. I have a friend with a ZX12R and another with a power commandered TL1000S, who insist that you can never have too much power, but for the moment, I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

After all, I rarely exceed the speed limit and IIRC my old GP125 used to go over the speed limit (with my head on the tank) and that had about 12 hp.

Jim2, how long ago did Mike the Bike say that 80hp was all you'd ever need?

When he won the IOM Senior TT on a Ducati that was about 80HP. :)

scroter
21st May 2004, 14:36
I dont know about corner speed on bigger bikes but the 600 is the fastest thing ive ever been on round a corner. It does wheelies over crests if your on it hard hell some of them both wheels come of the ground for a short time but it still dosent feel scary. there so easy. the only problem i forsee is that when something scary happens youll be goin that much faster. Still had the 1000 and compared to the 600 what a POS.

ManDownUnder
21st May 2004, 14:50
I dont know about corner speed on bigger bikes but the 600 is the fastest thing ive ever been on round a corner. It does wheelies over crests if your on it hard hell some of them both wheels come of the ground for a short time but it still dosent feel scary. there so easy. the only problem i forsee is that when something scary happens youll be goin that much faster. Still had the 1000 and compared to the 600 what a POS.

I just love the feeling of cornering hard on the RF, then getting the power down as the road straightens out... the shocks are all still fully loaded up and as it leaps out of the corner you feel like your butt is in a slingshot! :2thumbsup

best feeling in the world... with clothes on anyway

750Y
21st May 2004, 15:30
... had the 1000 and compared to the 600 what a POS.
um yeah, now you mention it, my 03 gsxr1000 is pretty shitty alright.

Cajun
21st May 2004, 15:34
it is compared to my sexy 600 - 750Y

hahah

750Y
21st May 2004, 16:31
i guess it looks ok, if you like bananas.
...scratches his armpit... 8-)

Cajun
21st May 2004, 16:45
i am now the banana man (c:<

Big Dog
21st May 2004, 17:05
i am now the banana man (c:<
Ba na na, na na na, Batman! :blink:

merv
21st May 2004, 19:12
When he won the IOM Senior TT on a Ducati that was about 80HP. :)

Yep that was on the 864cc Duc in his comeback year in 1978 and he averaged 108.51 mph as per the result here http://www.iomtt.com/results/Results.asp?Meet_Code=TT78&Race_Seq=1

He didn't do any absolute outright lap records or anything like that on it but he did win the TT Formula 1 class race.

The following year he went quicker in the Senior TT on a Suzuki RG500 averaging 111.75 mph as per here http://www.iomtt.com/results/Results.asp?Meet_Code=TT79&Race_Seq=3

Jinx3d
3rd June 2004, 18:02
Reasons to own a litre bike

1...pillion passengers
2...ultimate overtaking ability
3..and most important, its fucken cool *wank wank*

I fully think you should not own a litre bike until you are so old you dont care if its a litre or not.

I was winding mine up in a secret undisclosed location on that straight at the bottom the hunua valley a couple of weekends ago and at some point I just thought to myself, "actually- this isnt that much fun" Wind tearing your head off, eyes vibrating, crouched and cramped in behind a tiny peice of plastic.

I slowed back down and just enjoyed sweeping the corners. Speeding [excessively] is just a way of making a fun ride shorter.

Strikes me that the real rewards of motorcycling can be enjoyed on just about anything.

okay okay, within reason.

DEATH_INC.
3rd June 2004, 19:53
I think it really depends on the application,for example the old turbo really only gets used for dragracing and the odd play when I wanna scare myself sensless,so lotsa power is great.
On the other hand my second bike (currently the gixx)is used for normal riding,round the coro,hway22,ect and playing,wheelies ect.The ZX12 was too fast and powerfull for this (and didn't handle well enough),peeled into many corners 50kph too fast,don't know how I got round a good number of them....
Then there's the running costs,rear tyre every 2000 k's front only 1-2000 more (you chew 'em up trying to stop in a hurry all the time) went through a set of brakepads in a bit over 10000k's.Usta suck 3/4 tank of gas up 16 1 way to wellsford (about 17-20 bucks) ect ect.We won't even mention the other law related expenses (DOH!)
There were pluses,hauling past your mates when they were tapped at 280kph with 330kph on the speedo,spinning her up like Rossi on the rcv211 outta corners,pulling it up into wheelies at 160kph in second...
I dunno what the gixx thou and blade ect are like,but I'm convinced you can have a bike that's too bloody fast,at least on the road anyway.I'm happier on the 750,it's a lot more fun and isn't that why we're out there?

Big Dog
4th June 2004, 18:38
Reasons to own a litre bike

1...pillion passengers
2...ultimate overtaking ability
3..and most important, its fucken cool *wank wank*.
4... cos I'm to fat to ride a 250cc
5... cos I'm to Phat to ride a 250cc
6... cos I'm paying for it so I'm getting what i want not what mr Swain and the ACC would like me to get.
7... cos post 2000 750cc's have enough grunt but I can't afford them.
8... cos I can afford a pre 94 750 but if it has enough grunt handling sucks.
9... do you really need a reason?

Milky
5th June 2004, 21:11
......at some point I just thought to myself, "actually- this isnt that much fun" Wind tearing your head off, eyes vibrating, crouched and cramped in behind a tiny peice of plastic.

I slowed back down and just enjoyed sweeping the corners. Speeding [excessively] is just a way of making a fun ride shorter.

Strikes me that the real rewards of motorcycling can be enjoyed on just about anything.

okay okay, within reason.

I 'gree muchly... Maybe I was brought up to be a little too old fashioned and risk aware but, for me, doing 160,180++ for a full ride isn't a huge amount of fun, worrying about cops being around the next corner or a logging truck going slow just around the next blind corner - I can see where people gain enjoyment by the accn. and proximity to the ground, maybe scaring themselves sh*tless on a few corners and making the adrenalin rush...

I guess this is why I havent got any speeding tickets (yet) or binned it (yet), but I believe that I have just as much fun as the guy on an R1/6 wringing the bike's neck out to double the speed limit. For me it is the smooth, flowing nature of motorcycling that makes it so fun... a true art form when you see it done by a real motorcyclist.

Magua
5th June 2004, 21:40
Not me, I'd do anything for more power, Gn125 just doesn't cut it.

speedpro
5th June 2004, 22:08
I sold my GPz500(twin) when I realized I was riding it at full throttle a lot. Years later I have a MB100 I ride at full throttle a lot, and if it's a good day it might do 105KmH. I love ZZR1100s and the way they haul arse but on the road my licence would maybe last a week - actually the first ticket would be it. If I get keen I'd get my turbo Z going again. Even at Puke it's hard to use full throttle, even in top. The bucket does it for me now, you can thrash it, ride the wheels off it, all while dicing with others only inches(2.5cm) away and it if it gets messy a new lever will see it back on the track usually. Speeds are lower but in close proximity to others offers plenty of excitement. Having it pitched in on the sweeper with a knee down and someone leaning on you and someone else looking for a line up the inside (yeah yeah I know I'm slow and holding everyone up) is a real buzz.

DEATH_INC.
6th June 2004, 08:31
If I get keen I'd get my turbo Z going again. Even at Puke it's hard to use full throttle, even in top.
What 'Z' do you have?

Hooks
6th June 2004, 09:52
I guess I'm lucky (or stupid) Theere isn't a bike on the road I would not feel fine to throw a leg over. Control is in your use of the right wrist I guess.
That said when Baby Bikie came along I made an active decision to slow my riding down.I couldn't even imagine life without a bike so rather than go for a smaller bike I switched to a more sedate type of bike.I bought a Venture royal which was WAAY too far the other way. I changed to a GTR1000. which in its day was a fine sports tourer.
Because It doesn't really handle and has not so good brakes it has slowwed me down to its pace.
Ive got the road presence of a big bike but basicly with the power of a modern 600
I'm with XJ on this one ....the control is in the wrist ...and the top 4cm's !! I like the machine I have because it has enough power to have some fun with and is easy to handle on the open or in traffic....I am only 175cm and 95kgs but have no probs with physical size of the bike at all. I have had it for so long that it's like putting on a old glove.... :niceone:

speedpro
6th June 2004, 10:12
What 'Z' do you have?
McIntosh with a 1075cc '73 Z1 engine with ALL the ATP/JE/Barnett/Dyna/Haltech bits. Mk2 crank(welded), Z1000 head, Z1R-TC intake, turbo, and modified carb. Lots of homemade bits. With seriously bent exhaust valves it made 175hp at the rear wheel on the dyno at 12lbs. I run 15:27(15:35 stock) gearing and when everything is running good it will lift the front at 8000rpm with 15lbs boost in top gear. We ran it to 19lbs at Taupo once, it was wheelstanding going past the pits in top at 6000rpm but that was on 15:30 gearing. I've seen 9000rpm in top at Puke and my mate has seen 9300rpm but it had an 1166cc engine then.
It's a hell of a ride but can be a big pussycat if you want, just like any other big powerful bike I suppose.

Angry Puppy
6th June 2004, 11:54
Well, having gone from a 900 to a 400 I can honestly say I am a lot happier. It's not so much that I don't trust myself not to use the power, it's more to do with the fact that unless I get in to track days, there isn't anywhere I can use it safely.

I mean, I've seen a few 'busas or Blackbirds in NZ, but I really don't see the point. The roads over here just aren't suitable, even if you are out in the middle of nowhere (more so if you are in the middle of nowhere).

THe only reason I'd buy a bigger bike is if the missus and I want't to start going turing. Even then, I'd choose something that was build for comfort rather than speed. I'd probably go for a BMW R1150GS.

Fazer Bloke.

DEATH_INC.
7th June 2004, 09:04
McIntosh with a 1075cc '73 Z1 engine with ALL the ATP/JE/Barnett/Dyna/Haltech bits. Mk2 crank(welded), Z1000 head, Z1R-TC intake, turbo, and modified carb. Lots of homemade bits. With seriously bent exhaust valves it made 175hp at the rear wheel on the dyno at 12lbs. I run 15:27(15:35 stock) gearing and when everything is running good it will lift the front at 8000rpm with 15lbs boost in top gear. We ran it to 19lbs at Taupo once, it was wheelstanding going past the pits in top at 6000rpm but that was on 15:30 gearing. I've seen 9000rpm in top at Puke and my mate has seen 9300rpm but it had an 1166cc engine then.
It's a hell of a ride but can be a big pussycat if you want, just like any other big powerful bike I suppose.
Sounds awesome :eek: .I'll hafta line you up with the old 750 (176hp@15lbs)when you get her up and running.and when mines up and running again....
Love to come and have a look some time though.....

DEATH_INC.
7th June 2004, 09:09
I mean, I've seen a few 'busas or Blackbirds in NZ, but I really don't see the point. The roads over here just aren't suitable, even if you are out in the middle of nowhere (more so if you are in the middle of nowhere).

Fazer Bloke.
Na,there's still room to stretch their legs,and there's something to be said for watching the speedo climb over 300k's while it's still trying to pull your arms off.....

PeteThePom
9th June 2004, 22:27
I think engine size is something you grow into, every bike I've owned has seen an increase in engine size. I've found that after having a bike for around a couple of years I've either outgrown it, by which I mean that some aspect of the bike is limiting me, be it power, handling, brakes etc. Or a newer shinier mo'bike has become my object of lust.

My ZRX doesn't compare to R1's etc, it is tho, huge fun to ride and I get a huge kick out of heaving it into corners, having said that, having had a 6 month absence from riding I'm still getting back up to speed and I'm not close to reaching the limits of the bike, when I do, who knows maybe I'll stick with what I have or maybe a 'blade'? I do know this, I couldn't down size, 600's just dont have the same power delivery and low down grunt of an in-line litre+ 4 pot.

Having a big powerful bike is all about appropriate use of that power...such as toasting Subaru WRX's :Pokey:
Besides which having a big engine makes up for the size of my dick!!:lol: