PDA

View Full Version : New Headlight for my Street magic

circuitR
10th June 2006, 15:10
Hey everyone,
I never really liked the AG100 style headlight on my SM2, so I got this twin set from scootling for $120.
It's fake carbon fibre but who cares.
You'll have to check my profile as for the life of me I couldn't attach the freakin photo!

ZeroIndex
10th June 2006, 16:12
DUDE!!! That's the one that GhostRider uses on his Hayabusa and BMX.. What's the address of that shop? (do they have a web site?)

JeremyW
10th June 2006, 16:26
Hows that light for brightness and visibility at night? I am keen to ditch the farmbike look on mine but I do a lot of night riding and dont want some pissy roadbike light replica....

JeremyW
10th June 2006, 16:28
www.scootling.co.nz. It hasnt been open long but the guy is a good dude. Got some awesome old school sooters in his shop too.

ZeroIndex
10th June 2006, 16:30
Hows that light for brightness and visibility at night? I am keen to ditch the farmbike look on mine but I do a lot of night riding and dont want some pissy roadbike light replica....
it's two halogen-style lights.. and if it's good enough for ghostrider.. it should be good enough for you :innocent: :D

circuitR
10th June 2006, 16:31
Scootling is on the corner of Ponsonby Rd and Gt North Rd. The website is scootling.co.nz

As for riding at night, they are pretty bright, but they are a narrow beam (kitchen lights) I drive in the city so street lights help.

JeremyW
10th June 2006, 17:00
it's two halogen-style lights.. and if it's good enough for ghostrider.. it should be good enough for you :innocent: :D

Yea true... but Ghost Rider is a nutter... not being able to see while doing 350 km/h at night to see would just be more of a kick....

texmo
10th June 2006, 17:13
cool headlight dude any customisation is a good thing.

ZeroIndex
10th June 2006, 17:27
going on what texmo said: yeah, customisation IS good :) you should do the bike and headlight in the above flouro yellow (like ghostrider's hayabusa) *you don't have to if you don't want to though..*

JeremyW
10th June 2006, 17:31
going on what texmo said: yeah, customisation IS good :) you should do the bike and headlight in the above flouro yellow (like ghostrider's hayabusa) *you don't have to if you don't want to though..*

Yea I reakon that would look mean... Or paint it all death black and get a skull cap... Cus only the baddest dudes ride SMs...

texmo
10th June 2006, 17:32
matt black, gods gift to the world.

ZeroIndex
10th June 2006, 17:58
matt black, gods gift to the world.
but on ghostrider's turbo busa, if it was matt black, no one would notice the +/-350km/h wheelies :D

circuitR
10th June 2006, 20:19
Ha ha, I don't think my skills or speed is up to ghostriders level yet.
Has any one else in NZ got these lights? Or am I the first in the country as Scootling have just got these bad boys in.
Jeremy, Is your 110 orange? I think I may have seen you riding on Symonds St a while ago.

Qkchk
10th June 2006, 20:58
Probably better that you did replace the whole headlight unit - it cost me $60 for a new replacement bulb on mine and there's no pirate/alternate bulb avail so ya have to pay the bloody high price!:angry: It's a weird size: 12V 35/30W double pin with locking pins like nothing else.

Good investment in changing ya headlight assembly $120
Or wasting ya dosh $60

Go figure.........

JeremyW
10th June 2006, 21:58
Ha ha, I don't think my skills or speed is up to ghostriders level yet.
Has any one else in NZ got these lights? Or am I the first in the country as Scootling have just got these bad boys in.
Jeremy, Is your 110 orange? I think I may have seen you riding on Symonds St a while ago.

Nah bro mine is bad arse white and silver. It is angry standard. The power scares me....

circuitR
11th June 2006, 01:22
Nah bro mine is bad arse white and silver. It is angry standard. The power scares me....
Oh stink, wrong bike.
I'll keep an eye out for ya.
Qkchk: that sucks, do you have a street magic 2?
rock on