PDA

View Full Version : gs1200ss playtime pics

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 18:23
My mate (Fizzer) and I got bored this afternoon, so we decided to brake out his gs1200ss and my digital camera and have a play.

Unfortunatly my camera is a budget model and has about a 3 second delay between pushing the button and it taking the photo, so the pics were real hit and miss. I seemed to be able to drive it better than him, so the pics of him are marginally better.

Hopfully we can get out there with a better camera or a handicam soon.

Post and thoughts or comments, we are hardly ace stunters but are keen to give it a shot.

These first shots are fizzer riding and one of me standing next to the weapon

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 18:26
And these are me twisting the throttle with fizzer manning the camera

Mr. Peanut
10th June 2006, 18:30
GS1200s are the shizz :yes:

I didn't like them when they came out but damn, I love that retro look now...
I bet they sound like the mutts nuts too.:rockon:

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 18:52
I still dont really like them... But for what we were doing its perfectly suited.. plenty of horseys, nice and smooth and short wheelbase

kiwifruit
10th June 2006, 18:53
nice wheelies guys :)
addictive isn't it

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 19:14
Sure is, ive been into it for ages but only recently started trying to improve what i can do. If i didnt blow up my bike yesterday i would be out there right now

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 20:57
these pisc arnt too good

Jantar
10th June 2006, 21:13
GS1200s are the shizz :yes:

I didn't like them when they came out but damn, I love that retro look now...
I bet they sound like the mutts nuts too.:rockon:

I still dont really like them... But for what we were doing its perfectly suited.. plenty of horseys, nice and smooth and short wheelbase

They are a bike you either love or hate. Personally, I like the retro look. I think most people who don't like them actually look on them as a modern sport bike, and in that capacity they just don't stack up. They are built in the style of a 1986 GP bike, but to be used as a 2003 Sports/tourer.

If you compare them to almost any 1986 sports bike then they are superior in almost every respect, and they can still perform their task as a modern sports/tourer. I have only put 29,000 ks on mine in the 2 years I've owned it, and I'd challenge those who dislike them to say they have put as many Ks on their own bike in 2 years. :blip:

However, good on you froggyfrenchman for trying it out, It does nice stoppies too.

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 21:18
They are a bike you either love or hate. Personally, I like the retro look. I think most people who don't like them actually look on them as a modern sport bike, and in that capacity they just don't stack up. They are built in the style of a 1986 GP bike, but to be used as a 2003 Sports/tourer.

If you compare them to almost any 1986 sports bike then they are superior in almost every respect, and they can still perform their task as a modern sports/tourer. I have only put 29,000 ks on mine in the 2 years I've owned it, and I'd challenge those who dislike them to say they have put as many Ks on their own bike in 2 years. :blip:

However, good on you froggyfrenchman for trying it out, It does nice stoppies too.

Im still trying to get the hang of stoppies on it. Hense the fact theres no pics of them.

I agree that it fills its purpose well, i just dont like the handling that much. We call it the power donkey... goes like shit, stops well but not too much fun on the ultra narrow twistys i like to ride

fizzer
10th June 2006, 21:23
they are a stink bike but i love it :second:

Edbear
10th June 2006, 21:26
they are a stink bike but i love it :second:

PLease elaborate! I personally like them and once they've been derestricted and fitted with a full Yoshi system, I've heard they go and sound really nicely!:blip:

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 21:28
It sounds bloody sweet with the neptune can!

fizzer
10th June 2006, 21:36
iv seen a few and herd them with a full yhosi it does up the power but they doin sound like cool not like a neptune.its all about sound

froggyfrenchman
10th June 2006, 21:40
Youre just an image slut dude! Make sure you have those mad skills pumping and your mojo at full power for tomorow!

bugjuice
10th June 2006, 21:46
awesome :niceone:

froggyfrenchman
11th June 2006, 09:28
Going out for another shot today, with larriken manning a camera hopfully. With some luck there will be some better pics/video. But its more likely i will get all camera shy and stuff up constantly

Aitch
11th June 2006, 10:34
And I loved it! But as soon as I tried the GSX1400 it was bye bye gs1200....
the gsx is smoother, corners better, is more comfortable and looks just sooooooooo sexy!