PDA

View Full Version : HonDUH Riders Club trackday

kickingzebra
11th June 2006, 18:32
Hey guys,
I was taking my hard earned dollars down to Fiona Thomson (In Hide Leatherworks, Glenview mall, Hamiltron) To pick up my crash repaired QUASiMOTO leathers (bloody brilliant)
When she shows me a fax from HondUh Riderz Cwub.

Turns out they are having a track day on the 4th of July at Taupo, New Track (Tuesday 8:30 signon till 4:30) but there aren't many signed up to do it, so they may have to cancel.

The thing is, they are going to have Jared Love, and a whole bunch of real fast guys there to Coach the rest of us muppets, if you want, at no extra cost!!

As far as I can tell, they supply lunch, morning and afternoon tea.

You don't even have to stoop to riding a hondUh. Real bikes can also go.
$150.00 for Non HRC members and $120.00 for those subhumans who would associate themselves with Honduh.

I will try and tootle along, but they need to have more interest by the end of this week, or it's being called off!!!

If you can't make the Shaun Harris and Jason McEwen Track day on the 24th, this one is for you!!!

Call Robyn 021 408 188 or email the poor wee thing...
robyn@hrcnz.co.nz

Get behind this stuff, cause rider training is GROUSE!!!:doobey:

boomer
11th June 2006, 18:34
muppet 101

kickingzebra
12th June 2006, 12:34
Vigourous Pokey and stir...
Give it some thought guys, me an boomer going it alone?!!
He might try and give me a tui bath!!

skelstar
12th June 2006, 13:28
J - is it at Taupo? Im semi-blind so excuse me if I didnt spot the venue.

Blackbird
12th June 2006, 13:31
Hey guys,
I was taking my hard earned dollars down to Fiona Thomson (In Hide Leatherworks, Glenview mall, Hamiltron) To pick up my crash repaired QUASiMOTO leathers

Tell me about Fiona - does she do both crash repairs and alterations too?

Cheers

Geoff

TerminalAddict
12th June 2006, 14:14
she's a good all round leather worker.

fixed up my Ricky leathers after a slide.
Stretched my new doc 10 ups ..

good work too ;)

kickingzebra
12th June 2006, 14:23
Yeah, it is at taupo, new track, so same as TD3.

Fiona does pretty much anything with leather, though i didn't ask about kinky stuff...
She has done a few alterations for Quasi, and repairs crashed leathers, makes shoes, belts bags etc... Seems to be a pretty good job, at pretty reasonable rates too..

motobob
12th June 2006, 20:53
So who from KB is interested as its a Tuesday. I've got a trailer for three bikes so willing to share costs.

boomer
12th June 2006, 21:06
I'll share the ride/costs with you MotoBob;

I'm happy to drive down (company fuel) and tow the trailor with you and a.n.other.... Jill not interested?? I'm sure Logan might be.. i'll speak to him at work tomorrow.

oooooOOooo I might get to use my HonDUH riders club card for teh first time :gob:

kickingzebra
12th June 2006, 23:57
If you still have a space by the time you get to hamilton I could be keen, otherwise I'll be riding down... and my record for being able to ride them back is pretty miserable!!

skelstar
13th June 2006, 08:31
Fark, bnit of a march, but could ride to aucks (free acomo) and maybe trailer with yous guys on the way down...

motobob
13th June 2006, 10:19
I'll share the ride/costs with you MotoBob;

I'm happy to drive down (company fuel) and tow the trailor with you and a.n.other.... Jill not interested?? I'm sure Logan might be.. i'll speak to him at work tomorrow.

oooooOOooo I might get to use my HonDUH riders club card for teh first time :gob:

Jill won't be going, off with kids sking.So that leaves two spaces on trailer. Give Logan a call see if he wants a spot.

Fark, bnit of a march, but could ride to aucks (free acomo) and maybe trailer with yous guys on the way down...

Hi Sean. You actually going to come up or wait to see if its a fine day :blip:

boomer
13th June 2006, 18:03
Logans keen; i'll send him specifics tonight and confirm with you tomorrow so we can all book with HRC at the same time?

sound like a plan??

motobob
13th June 2006, 18:32
Logans keen; i'll send him specifics tonight and confirm with you tomorrow so we can all book with HRC at the same time?

sound like a plan??

Yep sounds like a plan. Emailed Robyn but yet to hear back.

Keystone19
13th June 2006, 21:24
Emailed Robyn but yet to hear back.

That's probably because she remembers you from last time and is debating whether to let you back on the track or not...

justsomeguy
13th June 2006, 21:31
So who from KB is interested as its a Tuesday. I've got a trailer for three bikes so willing to share costs.

I am. Do you still have place?? I'll be in the slow group so wont be around to worry you guys.

boomer
13th June 2006, 21:34
I am. Do you still have place?? I'll be in the slow group so wont be around to worry you guys.

Sorry, no indians allowed.. only Honda's :kick:

justsomeguy
13th June 2006, 21:37
Sorry, no indians allowed.. only Honda's :kick:
What about scared poms?

Besides, I'm not just any Indian, I'm the World's Slowest Indian - I'm special.

boomer
13th June 2006, 21:41
What about scared poms?

.. I'm special.

Your speshal alright; as for scared poms..don't be so god damn rascist Abdul

justsomeguy
13th June 2006, 21:48
Your speshal alright; as for scared poms..don't be so god damn rascist Abdul

Bloody hell Rover,

If you're gonna try and "be racist" ........
[(p/t)to(p/t)all(p/t)you(p/t)PC(p/t)dodos]
...... at least make an effort.

Abdul is a "towel head" name, Apu is the dairy owner from Simpsons. Get it right will ya.......:wait:

deeknow
14th June 2006, 20:33
I will try and tootle along, but they need to have more interest by the end of this week, or it's being called off!!!

Thanx for the heads up, am keen on this, gonna ring, will let ya know if I sign on and maybe we could strop down from Hamiltron. Went on a Taupo track day in '04 and keen to scope out the new extensions

kickingzebra
15th June 2006, 07:31
Thanx for the heads up, am keen on this, gonna ring, will let ya know if I sign on and maybe we could strop down from Hamiltron. Went on a Taupo track day in '04 and keen to scope out the new extensions

Yeah, its a pretty cool track, and could be even better by now if they have removed the paint around the front straight...
I'll probably be riding down at this stage... thought it was a good idea to get rid of the second car... never mind...

So yeah, you can text me or call on 027 573 2539

Look forward to it!

motobob
19th June 2006, 17:06
Spoke to Robyn Today. She said track day is cancelled due to lack of entries.

kickingzebra
19th June 2006, 17:27
Gutted!!!!! No one can say I didn't try! Did you ask her when the next one will be??

boomer
19th June 2006, 18:06
wanna do a puke on a friday instead???

justsomeguy
19th June 2006, 18:08
Spoke to Robyn Today. She said track day is cancelled due to lack of entries.

Well....

Kiwifruit's trackday was $80 for the full track - this was $150 for just the new track.......

boomer
19th June 2006, 18:10
Well....

Kiwifruit's trackday was $80 for the full track - this was $150 for just the new track.......

but you had some NZA racers in attendance to learn you good!!!!

justsomeguy
19th June 2006, 18:16
but you had some NZA racers in attendance to learn you good!!!!

True wonder when the next one is.

hey, do you know if Taupo have regular track days like the one's every Fri or Sat at Puke??

Titanium
19th June 2006, 18:28
Yes they do.... think kiwifruit runs some.....

motobob
20th June 2006, 12:06
Gutted!!!!! No one can say I didn't try! Did you ask her when the next one will be??

Heres my reply from Robyn. Presume you have received same by now.

" Thanks for your email. Unfortunately the track day on 4th July has been
cancelled as there were just not enough people to make it worthwhile or cover
costs so our next one is on 26 September. Would you like a spot booked on this
one? Thanks also for your updated details - we have noted our records
accordingly.

Hope to see you on 26 September.

Cheers Robyn "

So we await Kiwifruit to organise one. Hopefully not the same week as I've decided to go skiing instead.