PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a GSX-R1000 1K TPS

SimJen
11th June 2006, 22:03
My throttle position sensor has died on my K1 Gixxer Thou, anyone got one?
I need one urgently, or maybe you can let me know who might have one lying around in their shed....

Thanks for any help

:wait:

Sensei
11th June 2006, 22:13
Try Brian Bernard on 063454765 he raced GSXR's so may beable to help or know where to find one

SimJen
11th June 2006, 23:00
Thanks Sensei, will give him a bell. Anyone else know of any, just in case Brian can't help me....
Seems they are pretty expensive from Suzuki, so a s/hand good one would be the best option

Pussy
12th June 2006, 10:10
That phone # for BB is no longer valid. Best to get hold of him on: 0274 919 321

SimJen
12th June 2006, 11:12
Cheers Pussy....nice name :)
I've talked to him and he's pretty sure he's got one. I need to give him the part number once I get home.....here's hoping.

Cajun
12th June 2006, 11:22
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/frames.cfm?man=su&groupid=5850&parent=5840 <- online micro fiche(sp)

SimJen
12th June 2006, 11:41
Cheers Cajun :)

kickingzebra
12th June 2006, 12:31
I had a secondary TPS die on mine. What happened was the magnet on the position "spline" had come unglued, and would stick at various points in the rev range. End result, bike wouldn't rev above 5000 rpm.

For the cost of tearing down the STPS and using some araldite to glue the magnet back on, a lot cheaper than complete replacement!!

You have to use the right grade araldite, and the bike will be out of action while the araldite sets - 36 hours, then rebuild time, 2 hours max.

Worked for mine thus far, bike is at 17000 kms now, from 11500 where it happened.

In saying that, that will only work if that is the problem yours is having.

I'm a big fan of giving it a go by ones self first, That might be it.

SimJen
12th June 2006, 12:52
Mine was tight, supposedly the o-ring inside swells up over time and causes the primary TPS to stick. It shows itself by sort of shutting the bike off when you change gear, or if you rev it on the stand it wants to stall once you release the throttle. The TPS doesn't return to zero properly (or to the state the ECM thinks is 0% throttle).
I cut the old TPS in half, removed the o-ring, stuck it all back together but for some reason the Ohm's are more than they should which fools the computer into giving more gas than it should......basically runs like shit.
So a new one is the best option methinks :)

kickingzebra
12th June 2006, 14:26
Oh, thats it, all good!!
So long as you give it a go!

Pussy
12th June 2006, 16:44
The updated part # for the primary TP sensor is: 13580-40F20, if this is any help to you

SimJen
15th June 2006, 11:01
Brian is sending me a TPS. Great bloke to deal with :)
Brand new and a lot cheaper than getting direct from Suzuki.

Pussy
15th June 2006, 17:39
Brian is sending me a TPS. Great bloke to deal with :)
Brand new and a lot cheaper than getting direct from Suzuki.
You won't find a more genuine and helpful bloke than Brian, he's one of the best

SimJen
22nd June 2006, 09:25
Got the new TPS and installed. Made a huge difference to gearchanges, as the engine no longer seems to cut out.
Its strange how you don't seem to notice any changes until it gets really bad.
Brian is great to deal with, a very helpful dude.