PDA

View Full Version : Today's Ride (11 June)

SwanTiger
11th June 2006, 22:15
Went for a ride today. Was a good one. Yep.

Limb
11th June 2006, 22:21
That there's gravel roads:doobey: Did you get a little lost? :blah:

It was a beaut day for it. I had to work at whitianga so only got a short ride, but did the loop yesterday.

SwanTiger
11th June 2006, 22:29
Nah. Just saw a road and followed it. I like gravel, that road had good seal design/camber, easy to do 130kmp/h + along it, even through the bends. Great road.

Limb
11th June 2006, 22:43
Where is this road?

Limb
11th June 2006, 22:47
I was out your way last week. I went for a ride,visited my sis on the whangaparoa pininsula.

Motu
11th June 2006, 22:50
Tomarata,and the lake at Te Arai Pt?

SwanTiger
11th June 2006, 22:54
Where is this road?

Mangawhai area off School Road.

Next time you are heading up these ways and have 4 hours or so to spare I'll take you on a cruise through some nice Northland Roads, sealed or gravel, whichever you prefer.

SwanTiger
11th June 2006, 22:58
Tomarata,and the lake at Te Arai Pt?

That's the one.

Ocean View Road is where I took the pictures (just looked it up on a map).

First time I've been out that way, explored most of the Western Roads and starting on the Eastern. Much, much better on the East for some reason, a lot of the roads are perfect and haven't seen the Council Workers in a looong time.

boomer
11th June 2006, 23:00
nice pics Swanny :) :scooter:

Limb
11th June 2006, 23:06
Mangawhai area off School Road.

Next time you are heading up these ways and have 4 hours or so to spare I'll take you on a cruise through some nice Northland Roads, sealed or gravel, whichever you prefer.

Cheer's im coming back your way at the end of july. I 'll take you up on that offer. It will make a change from the coromandal.