PDA

View Full Version : Here I am at last KiwiBiker!

Re-cycled
20th May 2004, 14:51
My mates (Lynda Blair and Merv) have talked about this site for ages so I thought it was about time I joined to see what it's all about!

I've done a wee yarn about a ride I did last weekend (with Scrosser), and have posted it on the "off road" thread.

I'll be back!

White trash
20th May 2004, 15:03
Welcome R/C, it's good to see a few more Wgtn faces popping up!

vifferman
20th May 2004, 15:04
Greetings, O Re-cycled one!

And congratulations on your obvious good taste in bikes. :2thumbsup

Ms Piggy
20th May 2004, 15:05
Welcome to our clan of happy riders! If you know the lovely Lynda then you must be ok :niceone:

wari
20th May 2004, 15:14
Hey RC ... :wavey:

White trash
20th May 2004, 15:17
If you know the lovely Lynda then you must be ok :niceone:

Isn't that the latest Tui bill board? :)

merv
20th May 2004, 15:28
Welcome RC, its great to have you here. We've got to keep the age balance eh!

dangerous
20th May 2004, 19:56
Gidday join in and have a good old poke around, and you have a very sweet choice of bike there I had a 97 in Oz the only 4cyl I'd consider having :)

Re-cycled
20th May 2004, 21:51
Well, thank you all for your words of welcome and encouragement. Spot you whenever, wherever.

LB
21st May 2004, 05:43
I thought there was a new one on the Hutt M/way by where the goat lives. I must have a closer look this morning!!

LB
21st May 2004, 05:45
I thought there was a new one on the Hutt M/way by where the goat lives. I must have a closer look this morning!!
And Re-cycled: welcome to the site. I'm VERY impressed - less than 24 hours and you're already up to 6 posts, PLUS you've figured out how to send a PM!!! Well done. Should I alert the boss that there may not be much work coming from that particular area of the 7th floor for a while?? :msn-wink:

Ms Piggy
21st May 2004, 10:48
:killingme Good one mate.

Motu
21st May 2004, 18:23
Well hi Re-cycled - I got your package - and an 3 pages of A4 letter! click on my XT400 avatar and you will see the XLV750 as it was last summer,at the moment the screen is off,the low guard on,the crash bars are on with a couple of spot lights as well.I'll see if I can find some more to post up.

I was going to send Lynda an email to give you - but I'll do it here.I'm not using the XLV750 much these days,but it's bloody hard to let it go,I love it so much,it means a lot to me and as a street bike is so close to perfect for my personality.I have found the same as you off road - you got to be bloody joking!!! Soon as that front well hits anything slippery it's just gone,get the tail out at slow speed and it's upside down.I have never owned a bike I couldn't pick up before,and going off road with a bike you can't pick up is down right stupid,well,I guess that explains it! Luckily every time I have dropped it crash bars have been on - thank you very much for making them,the tank would be toast otherwise,as if it isn't now! I have gone through 3 alt stators,a reg,couple of carb diaphrams and made a new exhaust system - other wise for a 17 yr old bike it's just stone reliable.

As you can see in these photos the bike is the ''proper'' colour and I had some graphics made just from the Two Wheels test photos.The flattracker is Nicky Hayden on an RS750 - the XLV750 was used to homogulate the crankcases.

Zed
21st May 2004, 18:48
My mates (Lynda Blair and Merv) have talked about this site for ages so I thought it was about time I joined to see what it's all about!

I've done a wee yarn about a ride I did last weekend (with Scrosser), and have posted it on the "off road" thread.

I'll be back!Welcome to KiwiBiker.

Talking about this site to others is something I do too- but I've only had one convert to KB so far! :D

Zed

Pete Kelly
22nd May 2004, 14:27
G'day Re-cycled - have you got the sand out of your sump and your grunds yet?

(Lynda typed this up for me as you may be able to tell!!!)

FROSTY
23rd May 2004, 10:50
gidday dude--if you weren't totally addicted to bikes you sure will be after being on here long enough :bleh:

Re-cycled
23rd May 2004, 14:14
Motu,
Hey, thanks for showing me those pics, its great to see the old bus again. I'll get back to you when I get a couple of minutes.

Peter,
Gidday mate. I see Lynda has been out visiting and teaching you new tricks (on the computer, that is). Good on yer. Yes I think I've gotten rid of most of the sand and salt, I'll check the wheel bearings when i change the tyres.

And the rest of you, Thanks again for your words of welcome and encouragement. And :rockon: I'll deal with Lynda privately !!

Cheers, Re-cycled