PDA

View Full Version : Street Magic's lost its power

MrMelon
12th June 2006, 13:41
The street magic's completely dropped its nuts. It's sluggish to take off, and has absolutely no balls up hills. It's struggling to do more than about 20km/h up any decent incline. It was running fine for a couple of weeks after I replaced the belt and rollers, and I've just replaced the spark plug but that didn't help. What could be going wrong? I took the side cover off to make sure the variator nut was still done up tight and it is. How do you tell when the piston and rings need to be done?

WINJA
12th June 2006, 17:41
try a fresh tank of gas with some meths in it , you may have a partially blocked main jet, pull out the plug shine a torch in the hole and make sure the piston dont have a hole in it , blow by is a little harder to check, but check all the simple things first.

jump on the scales you didnt eat too many pies this week per chance?

MrMelon
12th June 2006, 18:46
Cool, how much meths should go in the tank? I've been running bpr6es's so hopefully the protruding tip hasn't holed it but that's the plug its always run. Can't seem to get hold of br6es's from repco.

I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten enough pies in the last week to give it that much of a drop.

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 19:29
Funny thing - mine has completely stopped running. Maybe its a form of Magic virus goin around or something? Been meaning to take it into Henderson M/cycles but havent had the time. FARKEN 2-STROKES.:angry:

WINJA
12th June 2006, 19:37
Cool, how much meths should go in the tank? I've been running bpr6es's so hopefully the protruding tip hasn't holed it but that's the plug its always run. Can't seem to get hold of br6es's from repco.

I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten enough pies in the last week to give it that much of a drop.
1 CUP TO A FULL TANK IS OK , I DID WARN YOU ABOUT THAT BP PLUG DIDNT I, YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE CARB JUST USE COMPRESSED AIR MAGIC JETS ARE SO SMALL THEIR EASY TO FUCK

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 19:55
I had partial power loss with mine (would run then bog then clear up and run again, bit like frog-hopping) and it increasingly got worse to the point of now I cant even get it to fire. Ive drained the whole fuel tank from the carb bowl screw - it HAD water in the system (fuck knows how?) but I didn't strip the carb. I have a funny feeling it could be a CDI/electrical problem, so how do you know for sure it is the CDI crapping out. How reliable are the CDI's, is it a common prob like with Honda's rectifiers etc.... - it IS a racing CDI.

paturoa
12th June 2006, 19:55
been putting on the winter fat, a few kilos extra to lug around??

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 19:58
been putting on the winter fat, a few kilos extra to lug around??
Sorry youre in the wrong forum. That kind of retard remark belongs in Pointless drivel. Piss off and stop wasting my time.

paturoa
12th June 2006, 20:13
Sorry youre in the wrong forum. That kind of retard remark belongs in Pointless drivel. Piss off and stop wasting my time.

ohh get a sence of humour u fat prick.

did you check or change your plug, drain the float bowl checking for water (it has been raining a lot lately if you hdn't noticed), check that the air filter is still bedded, check the oil level?

What have you or someone else played with lately?

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 20:22
ohh get a sence of humour u fat prick.

Shit is that the best line you can come up with even tho Im not a fat prick but a modest build WOMAN! Ya Fucktard! Get ya facts right before you make yourself look stupid. Go and play with some little boys.

MrMelon
12th June 2006, 20:29
1 CUP TO A FULL TANK IS OK , I DID WARN YOU ABOUT THAT BP PLUG DIDNT I, YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE CARB JUST USE COMPRESSED AIR MAGIC JETS ARE SO SMALL THEIR EASY TO FUCK

Now now, claws away kiddies.

So just take the airbox off and give the side of the carb where the needles are a good blast?

paturoa
12th June 2006, 20:37
Shit is that the best line you can come up with even tho Im not a fat prick but a modest build WOMAN! Ya Fucktard! Get ya facts right before you make yourself look stupid. Go and play with some little boys.

Must be my best line.

Wishing u best of luck with your sense of humour operation, u could do with some.

WINJA
12th June 2006, 20:38
Now now, claws away kiddies.

So just take the airbox off and give the side of the carb where the needles are a good blast?
NAH YOUVE GOTTA PULL THE CARB OUT TO CLEAN IT PROPERLY , BUT TRY THE METHS FIRST , THE WATER MIGHT GET IN THE PETROL CAP KEYHOLE AND IT DONT TAKE MUCH WATER TO STOP A MAGIC.

QKCHK , IF YOUVE GOT AN AFTER MARKET CDI CAN YOU TRY YOUR ORIGINAL BACK IN IT , WHILE ITS OUT CHECK THE PINS .THESE BIKES CAN BE FUCKEN KINIKY , I ALWAYS LIKE TO KEEP MY COIL AND PLUG LEAD LIGHTLY COATED IN CRC226 THIS TIME OF YEAR, ILL NEVER FORGET THE DAY AT THE COLDKIWI WHEN I HAD TO PUSH A MAGIC WITH MY MAGIC USING MY LEG ON HIS GEARBOX AND PUSHED HIS MAGIC ALL THE WAY BACK TO OHAKUNE GOT THERE SPRAYED A SQUIRT OF CRC ON THE ELECTRICS AND BOOM SHE KICKED INTO LIFE

inlinefour
12th June 2006, 20:42
Took the Mrs magic for a ride today, rung the shit out of it and it never missed a beat. These things a bit tempremental or what?

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 20:43
Must be my best line.

Wishing u best of luck with your sense of humour operation, u could do with some.
Its just the fact that Im trying to get a serious problem sorted out and theres a better place for youre kind of humour elsewhere...... maybe you SHOULD meet me in person on one of my Thursday night rides and see for yourself.

Qkchk
12th June 2006, 20:47
NAH YOUVE GOTTA PULL THE CARB OUT TO CLEAN IT PROPERLY , BUT TRY THE METHS FIRST , THE WATER MIGHT GET IN THE PETROL CAP KEYHOLE AND IT DONT TAKE MUCH WATER TO STOP A MAGIC.

QKCHK , IF YOUVE GOT AN AFTER MARKET CDI CAN YOU TRY YOUR ORIGINAL BACK IN IT , WHILE ITS OUT CHECK THE PINS .THESE BIKES CAN BE FUCKEN KINIKY , I ALWAYS LIKE TO KEEP MY COIL AND PLUG LEAD LIGHTLY COATED IN CRC226 THIS TIME OF YEAR, ILL NEVER FORGET THE DAY AT THE COLDKIWI WHEN I HAD TO PUSH A MAGIC WITH MY MAGIC USING MY LEG ON HIS GEARBOX AND PUSHED HIS MAGIC ALL THE WAY BACK TO OHAKUNE GOT THERE SPRAYED A SQUIRT OF CRC ON THE ELECTRICS AND BOOM SHE KICKED INTO LIFE
Thanks WINJA I will try the CRC trick. Unfortunately I dont have the original CDI so cant just plug that in but I'll try draining the tank and stripping the carb down again plus the dab of CRC and see what happens..... I know what its like to have an unreliable Magic - we towed mine 12kms from work in peak hour traffic, talk about a farken pain...

paturoa
12th June 2006, 20:48
Its just the fact that Im trying to get a serious problem sorted out and theres a better place for youre kind of humour elsewhere...... maybe you meet me in person on one of my Thursday night rides and see for yourself.

cool, and no thanks

WINJA
12th June 2006, 20:51
Thanks WINJA I will try the CRC trick. Unfortunately I dont have the original CDI so cant just plug that in but I'll try draining the tank and stripping the carb down again plus the dab of CRC and see what happens..... I know what its like to have an unreliable Magic - we towed mine 12kms from work in peak hour traffic, talk about a farken pain...
HAVE YOU GOT A FRIEND TO SWAP CDI WITH ? LOTSA MAGICS ROUND , IF NOT I GOT A MATE NEAR YOU WHO MAY STILL HAVE ONE

MrMelon
16th June 2006, 12:42
My problem's sorted. I put some meths in the gas which made it run a bit better so there must've been a little bit of water in there, then i ditched the 3 8g rollers i had and went back to running 6 of my old white rollers. I can now wheelie up my path easily where it was struggling to hold 15km/h up there before.

Cheers winja.

TonyB
16th June 2006, 20:19
I have a question about these here Magics. Pretty simple really- can someone please post the engine number off their Magic? I'm trying to work out if I can supply piston kits for them. Cheers.

WINJA
17th June 2006, 20:52
I have a question about these here Magics. Pretty simple really- can someone please post the engine number off their Magic? I'm trying to work out if I can supply piston kits for them. Cheers.
IVE BEEN USING PISTONS FROM ANOTHER SCOOTER AND PUTTING THEM IN MY MAGIC