PDA

View Full Version : Getting into mx

CRF230rider
12th June 2006, 13:44
hi there,

im 14 at the moment and next year i am thinking of getting into mx and buying a second hand cr125. i was just wanting to know if there are any training schools or any thing along those lines around christchurch? and if there are any races that would be happening that would have begginers classes?

cheers.

Danger
12th June 2006, 15:24
Drop into any dirt bike oriented shop in your area and they should be able to direct you to a local club which will have novice and junior classes that will be great to get started in. Give it a go, I know it appears scary at first from the sideline but once your riding you will love it. Not sure of any training schools in your area but there are riders who hold classes at different parts of the country but your best to just ride to begin with and develop a bit of skill via your clubs events and move on from there. Some clubs will have training days for their novice riders which would be a great start, and once you join a club and get involved I would start asking the movers and shakers in your club to provide such a day. There will be many junior and novices in the same situation that would benefit from such a day.

Good luck and have fun.:scooter:

Brian d marge
12th June 2006, 15:38
Do it

VMX is also an option ,,,bikes are cheap ( er)

Fitness is the key ,,,Squat till you drop ......

then pop down to that bike shop on madras st ( the same street the polys on )
There are a few clubs in CHCH but tracks....Hmmmmm

a CR80 /125 would be ideal , ,,but at the end of the day do it ,,, the first time you are sitting on the line thinking what the #$%%^ am I doing here... then next thing 2788900+ 1 bikes roar past you ...and shes all on!!! ( you will know why you are there !)

Dont worry bout the 60 ft tripples ...just ride within you limits and enjoy it ...the more you do the easier it become ( I think !!) the next thing you know you would have cleared 20 foot !

Good luck and dont hesitate ....!!!

Stephen

laRIKin
12th June 2006, 16:56
hi there,

im 14 at the moment and next year i am thinking of getting into mx and buying a second hand cr125. i was just wanting to know if there are any training schools or any thing along those lines around christchurch? and if there are any races that would be happening that would have begginers classes?

cheers.

Here is the local MX web site with contact numbers and race meeting dates etc.
It should answer most of your question and if not phone numbers or E-mail addressers so you can get the answers you need.

http://www.chchmx.netfirms.com/

Have fun and best of luck with your racing.

ajturbo
12th June 2006, 20:08
mud boy will be getting into MX also soon.. i have the enrollment form for the "gold coast" club ... their home track is just across the road from us...... and it would be good for him to "test " himself...
he has a dt175.. not what one would call a MX racer .. but he is only 13 and one has to start somewhere... :scooter: