PDA

View Full Version : Stunt Day writeup in Rapid Bikes Magazine

Riff Raff
12th June 2006, 15:09
Hey folks, the June issue of Rapid Bikes magazine is now in the shops and has a feature about the Stunt/Dragwars in it. Big thanks to Larriken for getting it into Rapid Bikes, and to Big Dave, Enigma and www.dragpixs.co.nz for providing the photos.

Right I guess I'd better pull finger and start organising the next one. Start practicing folks, cos I want to see a few more tricks at the next one.

jimbo600
12th June 2006, 15:16
Saw that. Good stuff. You guys are famous.

larriken
12th June 2006, 19:27
Excellent, I was abit bummed when it didn't go in last month! Just missed the deadline for the May issue. Suppose I had better go and buy a copy now!

larriken
13th June 2006, 20:17
Checked it out today, actually to be honest I bought two copies!

dss3
13th June 2006, 21:38
Where'd you guys get 'em from? Whitcoulls in Ham's don't have it. Just a bookshop or a servo or something?

Riff Raff
14th June 2006, 09:04
I haven't seen many places that stock it. Paper Plus in Papakura do, and the only other place I've seen it is at the small Mobil station in Pukekohe (the one on the left heading out to the track). I haven't found a Whitcoulls anywhere in Auckland that stocks it.

cowpoos
14th June 2006, 10:33
dayrl....ask your local paper plus/whitcoulls or what ever to get it in for you...

Fishy
14th June 2006, 11:26
I haven't seen many places that stock it. Paper Plus in Papakura do, and the only other place I've seen it is at the small Mobil station in Pukekohe (the one on the left heading out to the track). I haven't found a Whitcoulls anywhere in Auckland that stocks it.

Yep and the Gull just out of Tuakau and the G.A.S Station in Tuakau has it.

dss3
15th June 2006, 12:37
Hmm, tried 5 servo's, 2 bookshops, and a dairy... I give up!

Fishy
16th June 2006, 07:57
Hmm, tried 5 servo's, 2 bookshops, and a dairy... I give up!

Hey Daryl, you found one yet bro?

If not PM me your address and I will pick up another copy at the local gassie on my way home and can courier one to you if you want.

dss3
16th June 2006, 08:17
After a few more servo's I finally found one that had it by Glenview shopping centre. Cheers.

avgas
18th June 2006, 10:07
Yeh good on you guys for doing that. Big ups for getting KB on the scene.
That rapid magazine is a good little book too - been reading since issue 1.
Now those carbon discs look the deal......

GIXser
19th June 2006, 17:50
yep,,,, it would be good if someone actually stocked the mag"??????

larriken
19th June 2006, 19:45
yep,,,, it would be good if someone actually stocked the mag"??????

Yell out if you can't find a copy, I may have several Lol! You're in it Gix so you better look harder! Did you want a copy of the DVD of the day? PM me if you do.

aff-man
19th June 2006, 19:47
piss still can't find one. What servo was it that stocked them?

larriken
26th June 2006, 11:38
Here is the bit from Rapid mag for those of you who couldn't find a copy. Sorry it's abit small, but I can e-mail the big copy if you want it.

froggyfrenchman
27th June 2006, 11:26
Hey man, cant read it eh. If you have the time plz email to froggyfrenchman at hotmail dot com

Cheers dude

loosebruce
7th July 2006, 16:36
Yea some kick arse guy on a GSXR made it onto the contents page too :blip: yea whatever lol.

You still coming up this way this month Andy, you better have your camera handy eh, give me a date and i'll see what i can sus out for ya and get a group together for some carnage.

Big Dave
8th July 2006, 12:26
coowell!!!!

not sure when it's in KR - must be soon.

Riff Raff
8th July 2006, 12:43
coowell!!!!

not sure when it's in KR - must be soon.I hope so. It's just not right that an Aussie mag has the story first!

aff-man
8th July 2006, 16:45
I hope so. It's just not right that an Aussie mag has the story first!

And did a pretty crappy write up to.. what was that bit at the beginning all about??

larriken
8th July 2006, 18:56
Yea some kick arse guy on a GSXR made it onto the contents page too :blip: yea whatever lol.

You still coming up this way this month Andy, you better have your camera handy eh, give me a date and i'll see what i can sus out for ya and get a group together for some carnage.

Certainly am mate! I'll send you a pm.

larriken
8th July 2006, 19:06
And did a pretty crappy write up to.. what was that bit at the beginning all about??

The section that it was covered in is called 'Flipped' and is Paul Bates, an aussie stunt riders personal column to cover, write about, whatever he wants that's stunt related. The whole thing is not a write up. We are lucky that Paul is interested enough in what we are up to over here in NZ to give us a plug. The reason it was in an aussie mag first? Because Paul gave us the time, and Aussie mags are actually interested in covering stunt events etc, be grateful I reckon.

Top marks to Paul Bates and Rapid Bike!:rockon:

aff-man
8th July 2006, 22:49
The section that it was covered in is called 'Flipped' and is Paul Bates, an aussie stunt riders personal column to cover, write about, whatever he wants that's stunt related. The whole thing is not a write up. We are lucky that Paul is interested enough in what we are up to over here in NZ to give us a plug. The reason it was in an aussie mag first? Because Paul gave us the time, and Aussie mags are actually interested in covering stunt events etc, be grateful I reckon.

Top marks to Paul Bates and Rapid Bike!:rockon:

Ahhhh that makes more sense.... top notch that man then... Notice he gives them aussies a good rev up at the end cause of the numbers we managed to get......