PDA

View Full Version : Kickaha, South Island Cup and Flying 1/4

Kickaha
12th June 2006, 19:53
South Island Cup and Flying Quarter

I headed South for the long haul to Teretonga on the Friday night after work, Dangerous and Rashika had left earlier and we were all stopping off at Scumdogs for the night, I pulled in to Chateau Scumdog at 11.30pm, Rashika and Dangerous were chatting to Scumdogs better half while he was out patrolling the streets keeping the place safe for us, about midnight Scumdog turns up looking for Donuts :Police: , after a bit of chat he heads back out on the road to persecute some more innocent motorists, we’re up at 6am and after a shower and a cuppa on the road to Edendale

Edendale Flying 1/4
We stop at the shops and get directions and soon pull up at the Menzies Ferry Hall, named after a gentleman who used to operate the Ferry over the Matura river, we’re a bit early (like ¾ of a hour) but after a bit a few more bikes turn up and we unload and get set up, sign in complete and briefing given we line up and I’m first away on the , I run the LC up to 9500 (redline) through the gears and it wont quite pull it in top but indicates 170kmh through the traps (genuine 167), next through is Dangerous on the Katana, then the real fun starts a GSXR750 rider who obviously didn’t pay to much attention at briefing comes down the road flat out into the run off area I’m frantically waving my arms as he finally decides to hit the brakes way to late goes straight through the assembly area gets airborne across the intersection (road still being used) and ends up 100m metres down a shingle road semi, he keeps it semi under and doesn’t stack it :gob:

Fastest on the day 298kmh from a turboed GSXR750 ridden by some ones grandad who may have set a new NZ record, 288kmh from a ZX12, the new Triumph 675 with 400k on the clock hit 250kmh, there was a turboed GSXR1000 but he broke something on one of the runs going by the amount of oil down the side of it

K14 on the bucket 112kmh, on the RS 192kmh, my Bucket 124kmh and the RD350LC 170kmh, Dangerous must have bribed the time keeper as originally he had 158kmh down for his bucket which would have made it 1kmh faster than the Katana and Diesel Pig gets 193 out of “Black Betty” (CBX550)

South Island Cup Teretonga

They told us the gates open at 7.15am and we get there about 7.30 to find them still shut, they guy turns up at 8.45 we’d forgotten “Southland time” isn’t quite the same as the rest of the world, it’s cold at the track but dry and we get unpacked sign in etc and get ready to go, personally I’ve been hoping for rain as I know I can’t live with the big bikes at this track as it’s a bit faster than Levels and Ruapuna

Pre82 Practice
I put my clear visor on and a couple of laps later pull back into the pits as it’s fogging up badly, I head back out for a couple more and only get about 4 laps practice all up, Dangerous reports a big “lose” over the back when his side stand mount digs in
Bucket Practice

The gearing is abut right and I take the loop flat in top and ride around Dangerous and head of after the other FXR, on the FXR you spend most of the time flat in top and only do three gear changes a lap

http://www.motorsport.org.nz/Circuits/teretonga.htm

Pre82 Race 1

I get my usual bad start but ride around the outside of a few guys through the loop but as we hit the main straight the red flags are out as three bike are down into Castrol, at this point the track was still dry but after a considerable wait by the time we get back out it’s started to rain

We launch off the line and as soon as we hit the loop I’m going around the outside of some of the guys in front of me (including some slow Katana rider) and a XS650 I quickly slot into 4th with Diesel Pig in front, I manage a pass on him around the loop and am in front onto the straight when both him and Darryl Cotton go past in a shower of spay and relegate me back to 5th, I take Cotton back around the loop and get after Diesel Pig who’s chasing the two GSX1100’s but 4th is all I can manage, the slow Katana rider gets passed by Spudracer on his CB250RS race weapon but he lacks the speed to stay in front :lol:

Buckets Race 1

Dangerous has asked me how much grip you have on slicks in the wet and my answer was “plenty” I should have kept my mouth shut

Lights out and Dangerous fucks off like a rat up a drainpipe, I go around the out side of a couple of bikes into the loop and chase the other FXR for passing him down the straight and pushing harder through the loop to catch Dangerous, I ride around him at the loop and he comes back at me at Castrol we trade the lead a couple of times a lap and I make sure I’m in front as we hit the straight and think I have it in the bag when I hear the sound of a two stroke off to my left as Dangerous inches alongside to beat me by millimetres :bye:

Pre82 Race 2

I love the Loop I always make at least one pass after the start of the race on the first lap there and this time is no different, but then I need to as my starts are so crappy, I’m into 4th again with Diesel Pig just in front and I take him around the exit of the loop and lead him around to the straight where he blows past me again just to have me ride around him again, I come around the elbow get a bit wide out on the ripple strip and then gas it up as I get back on the track just to have the rear light up and slide, Diesel Pig is pissing himself with laughter and hoping that if I do fall off it’ll be on the grass so he doesn’t run me over, he pulls a bigger gap down the straight because of my cockup and I can’t get him back, but then Tony shits a clutch on the GSX1100 and we all gain a place and I come in 3rd:third:

Buckets Race 2

Me and Dangerous go head to head with him in the lead, we both have a “moment” over at the hairpin, his bike steps out as he gasses it up and then I do exactly the same and nearly shit my pants as the back steps out on the mighty FXR we change places each lap and then I block him in behind a RG150 at Castrol and get a gap and lead him to the line for a 1st and to make up for the humiliation of having him beat me in race 1 :nya:

Pre82 Race 3

Diesel Pig has come close to a win and he’s told me he wants this one so I’m going out of my way to fuck him over, off the line as the lights go out and after a lap I make a pass on Diesel Pig who soon comes back at me, there’s the GSX1100, Diesel Pig and myself chasing hard for the next few laps, they pull a gap down the straight and I close them down around the loop through Castrol the Esses and Hairpin, the white flag is out and I’m right on Diesel Pigs tail coming into Castrol and I carry a bit more speed and go around the outside of him , I hadn’t really planned on it but as I pass Diesel Pig I find I’m carrying enough corner speed to go up the inside of the GSX1100 into the esses, I pull off the pass and lead through the hairpin and down to the elbow expecting them to pass me at any moment, I hit the straight and I know they can both out run me to the line but unknown to me Diesel Pig was trying a outside pass on the GSX1100 when the GSX1100 steps out and runs him off the track onto the grass and this gives me the break I need to beat them to the line for a win :first:

Buckets Race 3

Unfortunately for the rest of us DC has his RS/MB125 back up and running and just fucks off and leaves the rest of us behind, I’m even slower than my customary “dead slow” start and get left at the line, I pass Diesel Pig before the loop and as I come up behind Spudracer, James is trying a pass around the outside on him so we end up three wide as I take them both ½ way through the loop then the other FXR and Dangerous on the way out and down to Castrol, I head off after DC but can’t make a dent on the lead he’s got and he makes it bigger each lap so I end up settling for second:second:

A quick note on the conditions on the day, it was cold and pissing down all day and at times I finished a race and was shivering uncontrollably, my fingers were numb and my feet were fucking cold, but I ‘d have to say it was well worth doing :yes:

Diesel Pig put in a awesome performance on Black Betty as he rode the whole day on slicks in the pissing rain and Dangerous was going harder on the MT100 than I’ve ever seen him ride, both Nipper and K14 fell on their arse, but everyone seemed to have a good time (except maybe the young guy they thought had hypothermia):cold:

TonyB
12th June 2006, 20:41
Top effort! Sounds like some bloody good racing in bloody awful conditions.

So, is El Presidente still gonna whine about the speed of FXRs when his bucket will apparently do 158? And how bloody fast is DC's if a bucket that fast can't stay with him on a fast track???

gav
12th June 2006, 20:44
Good stuff, "nice" that you "let" D have a win, he will be pleased! :yes: :corn: :dodge:

Joni
12th June 2006, 20:49
Good stuff, "nice" that you "let" D have a win, he will be pleased! :yes: :corn: :dodge:Yeah he is generous like that, isn't he...:nya:

Buddha#81
12th June 2006, 21:47
This was a virgin trip to the deep south as far as bike racing is concerned. The day started out fine but wet didnt bother me 'cause 25 odd hp with the mighty cb250 would have to be some advantage in the wet. The highlight of the day was pulling off a overtaking manover on a ginger headed katana rider whilst power sliding through the inside. I can proudly say I passed Dangerous twice on the opening lap untill the 100kmph speed differential made the gap too much to peg back, still spent the day keeping some other classic large bore multi's honist.

The bucket was a different matter with an old wet weather fault of a sticking carb slide to contend with didnt lead to good times or lines and finished mid pack most of the day, best result 4th.:scooter:

When packing up Nipper found Dangerous's helmet and gloves as he had already left nipper thought its "finders keppers", untill it was pointed out to him that apon wearing said items his hair would turn ginger :sick: so he gave up that idea. We did consider leaving it upside down in the sleet/rain but have concidered raffling it off. Tickets anybody?:nya:

Anyone got good ideas on what I need to be doing to my race leathers after riding in the rain for the day? I'm drying them slowly in the spare room, but do I need to treat the leather or somthing, I'm a fat barstard and carn't afford them to shrink. Where is the cheapest place to buy a waterproof oversuit?

Kickaha
12th June 2006, 22:03
Anyone got good ideas on what I need to be doing to my race leathers after riding in the rain for the day? I'm drying them slowly in the spare room, but do I need to treat the leather or somthing, I'm a fat barstard and carn't afford them to shrink.

Quick someone help him out, the future of the entire cattle industry in NZ is under serious threat,they'd have to slaughter the whole lot to make a new set that'd fit him :nya:

Where is the cheapest place to buy a waterproof oversuit?

Sorry but they don't make them that big:blip:

dangerous
13th June 2006, 06:15
So, is El Presidente still gonna whine about the speed of FXRs
Yes he is... :nya:

The highlight of the day was pulling off a overtaking manover on a ginger headed katana rider whilst power sliding through the inside.
When packing up Nipper found Dangerous's helmet and gloves

yep that did look impressive, and after the last race I was so fn cold and wet I couldnt remember were I put my bloody lid... ohh and BTW as far as Nipper wearing it you do relise it was a black lid from new it changed to red after I wore it a few times... so giz it back.

Now I'll be back after work for my version of things but would just like to say firstly... that place is a cold wet windy shit hole
2nd... that shit hole has a bloody awesome track
pics to come.

Rashika
13th June 2006, 12:37
Pics from the saturday...sunny but farkn cold.

Pic 1: Kickaha and Dangerous, eager beavers at the front of course!
Pic 2: The whole lot ( I was feeling just a little bit envious at this stage...the Buell woulda LOVED it!)
Pic 3: Land speed record breaker, 750 Turboed. I *think* the record was 181 mph and he did 183 mph, bloody well done matey!
Pic 4: K14, looking just a teensy bit cold
Pic 5: Kickaha flying homeward
Pic 6: Dangerous flying homeward a few moments later

scumdog
13th June 2006, 13:11
Fairly stiff breeze at the flying1/4 going by the smoke from the chimney in the background in 1st pic, how did that affect handling etc??

Rashika
13th June 2006, 13:15
Fairly stiff breeze at the flying1/4 going by the smoke from the chimney in the background in 1st pic, how did that affect handling etc??
I think it worked like this... a guarenteed extra 10 kms increase on the homewward run on the bike bikes and about a 5km on the wee bikes

Rashika
13th June 2006, 13:37
and now for the main event...
The one dry session of the day, the buckets.

Pic 1: Bucket... with pillion???
Pic 2: Diesel Pig and K14
Pic 3: Dangerous
Pic 4: Kickaha chasing some unlucky soul down

Rashika
13th June 2006, 13:47
Pic 1 & 2: CAMS Start
Pic 3: Diesel pig with Kickaha not too far behind
Pic 4: Spud racer and Dangerous...
Pic 5: ....and Dangerous getting the better of Spud
Pic 6: K14 with a few other RS's

Rashika
13th June 2006, 14:41
Pic 1: Nipper
Pic 2: Dangerous gets a flying start in the first Bucket race
Pic 3: Dangerous leading kickaha...
Pic 4: ...Kickaha leading Dangerous...
Pic 5: Diesel Pig and Spud racer
Pic 6: Dangerous taking a win ;)

dangerous
13th June 2006, 19:14
Knocked of work at lunch time Friday and headed home to pack and load up. Finely got under way after loading 3 bikes and all the assoated crap, was cruzing happly into the sunset when a Toyota Enema van thing slowed me up to 80-90kph... well stuff this and puled out and passed down a nice long clear straight indercated to pull back in but gave it a tad more clearance than norm as I was towing a trailer and ended pulling in on yellow lines (which I could have avoided but figgered nothing comming so might as well give the Toyota the extra room... was now sitting at 100k and the bloody wank behind me was up my arse and his lights were blinding so I pushed it up to 110k, prick was still there but aventually droped back so I slowed to 100k.
Hauled through Omaru and thought a streach and check the load over wouldnt hert, and then what ya know the Toyota pulls up and the driver gets out leaving the missus and kids in the van... he flops out a badge and says 'I'm not on duty buat are if you know what I mean' yeah yeah I thought. Well he took details etc and said I was speeding (cos of him following so close) and he said hes back in the office on Thursday.
What a fucking wanker aye ya know what I reckon... his missus was getting up him and told him to slow down then a old truck with a trailer passed him and he got a shit on... 'wanker'

Rocked up at Chez Scumdogs and was greated by Chrissie Bimbo and then in walked SD looking rather smart in his work rags. quick chat then off to bed.

Up early as kickaha has already said so I'll just say my bit bout the flying 1/4 mile.
The Kat was not running to well so the times wernt very good, not sure what they were but hopefully the results will be emailed out.
Stoked the MT100mb up and did a run on that, it was running the best it ever has and after a wee wheelie of the start line I was at full noise by the 2nd lamp post, the speed trap was still a km up the rd... so backed off for a bit then feed it the fat. Same shit on the return leg and saw a 158 writen down... but later saw on anothe sheet 117 so what it really did I'm buggered if I know.
Packed up and buggered of to Invergiggle were we meet up with the Chch crew at the pub for a feed.

dangerous
13th June 2006, 19:15
Up early Sun morn and off to Teratonga, now it was fine but there were some nasty cloods about but then was told they may sit there for weeks and do nothing... NOT

Pratice on the post classic didnt start off to well as the Kat did not want to start, eventually got the old tart going but it was down on one pot so figgered give it shit anyway.
It did seem to clear sort of but was down on the power, what the hell lined up for race 0ne all the same.
didnt think I did to well but wit the cold I was getting lazy and didnt hang of the bike far enough at one stage and thats were the side stand mount dug in putting me in a drift with the steering comming round to full lock... had that thought that we all know were ya think 'fuck it this is going to hert, but some how I stayed on and the hot XS650 I was playing with got away.

Next race and it was now pissing down but the Kat hanged in there well 'I think' I managed a 7th, which wasnt a bad effort considering all laps but the last was on 3 pots only.

Pratice on the bucket went well and I was thinking that Teratonga was bloody awesome
didnt take long and I was getting the hang of it so was looking forward to the 1st race.
Started on the frount rowe the lights went out and I fucked off in a big way, never saw anyone till Kickaha passed me and we diced it out right to the end were we reckon I nosed over the line by a nats nit ahead of him... wicked shit Kick bet our unisen slids looked good from behind.

Race 2 buckets and as we were mixed up with the street stock (RG150's) we started of the back, but before long I shot through the back half of the 150's like they were standing still with the odd one sliding down the track in the wet, man it was fun dicing them up like that. Kick had cought up and so had another FXR rider we battled it out for the remaing race with Kick getting the better of me that time.

Race 3 and I was getting bloody cold and wet as hell reckon there was a liter of water in each boot so that must have slowed me down as I managed a 5th.
The most of the day I had to have my visor up due to fogging, the rain pelting in was very painful and at time I lost all vision, so i returned to using a tinted visor with anti fog insert.

All up... awesome w/e lads n lasses
*Thanks to Scumdog for putting us up again on the way home awesome pad ya have there not sure bout the bog tho as I had to keep the door open due to the lack of head room when leaning forward to wipe the ring... bit disconcerning when ya doing that and looking down the hall inthrough a glass door and watching the hosts chatting away.
*Thanks to my personal pit crew for there help good shit chick, would have been a bigger mission with out ya.
*I have never seen so much water as that when racing what a shit hole that place is but I have tio say Teratonga bloody well rocks, I'll be back, bit of a odd set up tho with the pits in the middle of the track.
*Thanks to the Bucket boys for a great and funny w/e end now GIVE MY FUCKING HELMET BACK.

Ohhh yeah the trip home snow and more snow... was no speeding home for me at one point 55k was it, but hey no dramers check out the pics.

dangerous
13th June 2006, 19:44
Pic 6: Dangerous taking a win ;)
yeah, weeheee... giving Kick the thumbs up after the finish line, awesom race

Pic 3: Land speed record breaker, 750 Turboed. I *think* the record was 181 mph and he did 183 mph, bloody well done matey!

Yip 89 GSXR 750 with a Nissin turbo... the old stick was 67yrs old forking awesome effort I reckon good on him, built the dust bin fairing himself in all.

1) the old stick
2) team street n sport (Chch)
3) pur Itilian
4) Dangerous and Kickaha (Diesel Pig in the distance
5) Diesel, Kick, DC in the wet
6) the track

Joni
13th June 2006, 19:49
Shit, pic 5 really shows how bad the conditions were...

Seriously, D well done on a great days racing.

From what Kick tells me, DieselPig was pretty amazing to hold Black Betty at the speeds he was doing on slicks in those conditions - great stuff Neil. :yes:

I'm disappointed that I did not witness that last pass that Kick made to take first in Pre 82 - sounds like it was a goodie!

dangerous
13th June 2006, 19:50
1 & 2) check out the bloody wet shit will ya
3,4&5) the white trip home.

paturoa
13th June 2006, 20:31
Well done all.

Good pics Rashika.

D- so is the KAT dead? You should really get some crankcase protectors for it, cases are hard to come by.

nipper
13th June 2006, 20:57
yeah i will give it back BUT for a small price:nya:

212-Motorsport
13th June 2006, 21:04
Its true everytime Nipper comes to Invercargill its rains and it rains and it rains but other than that it was a good meeting, anyone no about getting speed sheets from flying 1/4??

nipper
13th June 2006, 21:13
Its true everytime Nipper comes to Invercargill its rains and it rains and it rains

yeah i beta get some wets for next time coz it will rain:shutup:

212-Motorsport
13th June 2006, 21:16
Yeah i need spare wheels for my SV,does any one know if any other suzuki wheels that would work??? (earler gsxr 90-96).

nipper
13th June 2006, 21:29
Yeah i need spare wheels for my SV,does any one know if any other suzuki wheels that would work??? (earler gsxr 90-96).
number 96 has gsxr 600 wheels in it and he uses the sv650 wheels for wets so i think they might work?

Jantar
13th June 2006, 22:03
Anyone got good ideas on what I need to be doing to my race leathers after riding in the rain for the day? I'm drying them slowly in the spare room, but do I need to treat the leather or somthing, I'm a fat barstard and carn't afford them to shrink. Where is the cheapest place to buy a waterproof oversuit?
Go to your nearest equestrian supply (ther's a good one in Rangiora) and buy some alfax or some Carr & Day & Martin Leather Balsm, either will do. These are beeswax preparations that treat and waterproof leather.

A good beeswax will keep the leather waterproof while the Olaevera and lanoline in these products will keep it soft and supple.

TonyB
13th June 2006, 22:16
Rocked up at Chez Scumdogs and was greated by Chrissie Bimbo and then in walked SD looking rather smart in his work rags. quick chat then off to bed.

Fuck D, I heard you were easy but thats friggen ridiculous!! Surely he couldn't look THAT good!

Buddha#81
13th June 2006, 22:19

Do you think he will want it back after your old man has used it for a potty on the return trip?:innocent:

nipper
13th June 2006, 22:29
Do you think he will want it back after your old man has used it for a potty on the return trip?:innocent:

dont know we will find out

dangerous
14th June 2006, 06:18
Its true everytime Nipper comes to Invercargill its rains and it rains and it rains but other than that it was a good meeting, anyone no about getting speed sheets from flying 1/4??
I did ask them to email me the results so as I can hand them out so remind me in a week or so.
Hey what ya doing out in the SS & Bucket class 212?

Watch it... or I'll get my voodoo #31 doll out and make you crash again... yeah you... stearing at the camera chick.

D- so is the KAT dead? You should really get some crankcase protectors for it, cases are hard to come by.
no not dead, haunted yes but still alive... just down on a pot and the starter is stuck on even with the key off it cranks over all on its own.
And yeah I need to do the protector thing, but one thing at a time.

Now that I doubt... he would have been to busy talking and telling rude jokes to have had the time to take a leak

Kickaha
14th June 2006, 06:53
Fuck D, I heard you were easy but thats friggen ridiculous!! Surely he couldn't look THAT good!

I think it was the whole "man in uniform" thing :yes:

Rashika
14th June 2006, 07:51
actually, TWO men in uniform ;) Stuck for choice...

Actually it give you a bit of a moment when 2 plods come thru the door.... me? No guilty conscience here eh? :innocent:

dangerous
14th June 2006, 18:16

Ohhh look... I prefer it when you bastards pick on my spelling :blip:

TonyB
14th June 2006, 18:20
Ohhh look... I prefer it when you bastards pick on my spelling :blip:
And you were veeeerrry careful to make sure that was spelled correctly weren't you:blip:

Kickaha
14th June 2006, 18:21
Actually it give you a bit of a moment when 2 plods come thru the door...:

I wasn't scared I had the drugs and guns well hidden :yes:

212-Motorsport
14th June 2006, 18:42
I did ask them to email me the results so as I can hand them out so remind me in a week or so.

Should Have had my orange vest on As i was doing Peter Jones a favor by coaching the girl on the #96 rg 150 (use to be my RG)

gav
14th June 2006, 19:14
I wasn't scared I had the drugs and guns well hidden :yes:
Hoping for a cavity search, were ya? :innocent:

Rashika
15th June 2006, 08:11
[QUOTE=dangerous]I did ask them to email me the results so as I can hand them out so remind me in a week or so.

Should Have had my orange vest on As i was doing Peter Jones a favor by coaching the girl on the #96 rg 150 (use to be my RG)
I did think it was odd that the SV was in with the 150's and buckets...but I guess maybe that is where they should be? :blip: KIDDING! I like the SV's, lovely sound :rockon:

scumdog
19th June 2006, 07:52
*Thanks to Scumdog for putting us up again on the way home awesome pad ya have there not sure bout the bog tho as I had to keep the door open due to the lack of head room when leaning forward to wipe the ring... bit disconcerning when ya doing that and looking down the hall inthrough a glass door and watching the hosts chatting away.

How do you think WE felt seeing your gargoyle face grimacing from the bog while we were trying to enjoy our coffee (no latte' shit down here!) and biccies???:blah: :sick: