PDA

View Full Version : Touch up Paint for the RF

ManDownUnder
20th May 2004, 17:30
I've got a 94 RF with a damned great stone chip in the paint on front of the fairing. Where do I get touch up paint for it - anyone know of a good "paint match" type person that could mix up a 10 ml bottle for me or is there a better/cheaper/more sensible way.

MDU

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 14:13
Im not a paint expert dude. But we use 2 types of painters--full on paint shop guys and touch up guys. the touch up guy for about $60 will do a reasonable job of cleaning up the paint chip and respraying the damaged area. The other advantage is they will come to you.and paint it on site.
Otherwise you can get a spraycan color matched to your paint job.
Itll cost ya about $35.00. But then you might also need some clear coat and sandpaper.
Personally I'd rather leave a small repair to the experts.

ManDownUnder
21st May 2004, 14:23
Im not a paint expert dude. But we use 2 types of painters--full on paint shop guys and touch up guys. the touch up guy for about $60 will do a reasonable job of cleaning up the paint chip and respraying the damaged area. The other advantage is they will come to you.and paint it on site.
Otherwise you can get a spraycan color matched to your paint job.
Itll cost ya about $35.00. But then you might also need some clear coat and sandpaper.
Personally I'd rather leave a small repair to the experts.

Cheers,

You got a name or number of someone you'd recommend?
MDU

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 14:59
Ill check my notebook and PM you dude --no commercial advertising and all that stuff