PDA

View Full Version : Clip On Handlebars

Robbo
13th June 2006, 08:59
I am wanting to raise the handlebar position on a CBR1000 by aprox 80mm. Has anyone done this before and how did it go. Any suggestions on where new clip on bars can be purchased or manufactured to acheive this?

Thanks

Robbo

FROSTY
16th June 2006, 22:44
Robbo -as i see it dude the best option is gonna be to visit a wrecker.
Use a set of bars maybee off of a VFR750 or similar.
You will need a longer front brake hose and possibly to sort out the trottle cable etc.
As an alternative you might want to convert to tubular bars.

El Dopa
17th June 2006, 20:06
I am wanting to raise the handlebar position on a CBR1000 by aprox 80mm. Has anyone done this before and how did it go. Any suggestions on where new clip on bars can be purchased or manufactured to acheive this?

Thanks

Robbo

Depends how much money you want to spend.

Try www.austreetfighter.com.au for (new) replacement bars, replacement yoke or risers, longer brake & clutch lines etc etc.

Robbo
17th June 2006, 20:20
Hey Frosty and El Dopa. Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys.
Just checked out that Aussiestreetfighter .com site. Some nice gear there but may have to mortgage the house to pay for it, so i guess it's off to the wreckers to see what i can find.

Cheers

Robbo

kawa10
17th June 2006, 20:38
could try www.rapidartnz.com. have used his stuff several times. top stuff locally made.

trumpy
17th June 2006, 20:42
could try www.rapidartnz.com. have used his stuff several times. top stuff locally made.
Yep, used them as well. Excellent products.
They do a set of high rise clip ons for a CBR 1000. About $330 I think. Good part is if their standard ones are not high enough I am sure they would customise a set for you.

Robbo
18th June 2006, 14:53
Hey Kawa and Trumpy. Just checked out that site, rapidart.co. It is real cool and it's here in Hammy too. Looks like they have just what i am after. Thanks for that.

Cheers

Robbo