PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first helmet

klingon
13th June 2006, 12:23
I know this looks really pathetic alongside all those people who just got their first bike (or their 21st bike) but I'm excited! :doobey:

I've been wearing my boyfriend's 'spare' helmet until now - it's white and chipped and has a big scuff on the visor that's really annoying. It was my birthday on Saturday and he took me shopping and I chose a black HJC helmet. They only had black and blue in my size, and I thought the black one will go with more stuff - like when I get one of those GORGEOUS Italian powder-blue leather jackets...

Of course he had to take me out on the back of his bike to try it out on Sunday. Fun fun fun! Now I just need some warm pants - my knees were sooo cold by the end of the ride!

Anyway, that's my news :)

OMG
13th June 2006, 12:27
Yay for you. Next the jacket and pants, then a bike of your own!

merv
13th June 2006, 12:30
Yah gotta start somewhere. Onward and upward.

u4ea
13th June 2006, 12:33
good on ya.bet ya feel more confident that a new helmet will fit better!!!!!...and look awesome too!!!!!try lots of different gears on as they all fit different and enjoy!!!!!!!:scooter:

GR81
13th June 2006, 12:44
haha i bought my missus a new helmet for valentines day... and shes still talking to me!!! :yes:

Hitcher
13th June 2006, 12:57
Ahh. The joy of one's first helmet. The helmet is the promise. The bike is the fulfilment.

Nicksta
13th June 2006, 12:59
yay!! so exciting... and next will be a jacket/pants/boots.... and then.... BIKE!!! it took me 3 monts as a pillion to get my learners.. and the rest is history....
but, its nice getting new gear ay... and Black does go with everything !!

klingon
13th June 2006, 13:31
Ahh. The joy of one's first helmet. The helmet is the promise. The bike is the fulfilment.

Well said, Hitcher. That's what it feels like :)

I already have a waterproof jacket, gloves and boots. Trousers will complete the set of the practical stuff. (My next jacket will be chosen for yumminess as much as practicality. :))

Then the bike! oooh yeah! Looking forward to it... then we'll see how the boyfriend does when the roles are reversed and he's on the back! :yes:

bobsmith
13th June 2006, 15:01
Nice, I tell you, buying a helmet is the first step towards spending money that you don't have...

Once I got my helmet, I had my learner's and a scooter in 2 weeks and a bike in a month after that.... get yourself a decent jacket and pants while you're at it too.

andrea
13th June 2006, 19:12
hey great stuff, which reminds me i need a new helmet, everytime im on the motorway my helmet lefts alil and feels like its gonna fly away lol.
so what bike are u thinking of getting? hehe just have to ask im curious:yes:

avgas
13th June 2006, 19:25
good on ya. i remember my first new helmet days. I was so happy to get rid of that 30 year old shoei

Aitch
13th June 2006, 20:04
Your boyfriend deserves a goos hard kick in the arse for letting you wear a chipped helmet in the first place!!!!And another one for taking you on his bike without proper pants.
Hey I know you're excited about getting a nice new helmet, and so you should be, but there are about a gazillion threads on here about guys with hot chicks on the back of their bikes without the right gear, and they all say what a plonker he is!!!!!!

(Sorry to be a party pooper, but it needed to be said!)

klingon
14th June 2006, 14:20
so what bike are u thinking of getting? hehe just have to ask im curious

Of course I'm thinking of a GN250! Isn't that everyone's first bike?! But first I have to save up for it :( and the job front's not looking too promising at the moment.

Your boyfriend deserves a goos hard kick in the arse for letting you wear a chipped helmet in the first place!!!!And another one for taking you on his bike without proper pants.
Hey I know you're excited about getting a nice new helmet, and so you should be, but there are about a gazillion threads on here about guys with hot chicks on the back of their bikes without the right gear, and they all say what a plonker he is!!!!!!

(Sorry to be a party pooper, but it needed to be said!)

lol Aitch
In his defense, he already made sure I have gloves, boots and a decent jacket. And the old helmet wasn't chipped from anything serious - just kinda a little scuffed and rubbed. And actually after I got my new helmet I went back and tried the old one on again and thought it's really not too bad. It looks old, but it's still a good fit (for me) and definitely wearable. Even the visor is fine as a pillion but it would need to be replaced if someone was going to wear it for riding.

On the other hand, I do take your point about needing decent pants. But I also think that's my responsibility, not his. Even 'hot chicks' need to take responsibility for their own welfare! :yes:

What he really needs a good swift kick for is not taking me out often enough that my knees get cold enough to make me rush out and buy some decent pants!:wait: