PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Karting Round Up

Two Smoker
20th May 2004, 23:35
Well i eventually turned up late (ofcourse fashionably) at about 8:05pm (i had left AMCC at 755pm :eek5: ) Decent turn out, about 20 people, and once again Madduck was the only female (common ladies.......)

Best track battle went to KK and his dad...... the were literally hitting bumpers for laps at a time, heaps of hoons there...... (XJ, KK, Gixxer and SPMan come to mind as well as some others)

The whole evening was more of a demolition derby than an actual race lol, i ended up breaking about 2-3 go-karts,

Definately have to have another one as it was a huge amount of fun.......

And ofcourse KK, PT and I had the madatory drag race LOL (after the karting had finished)

Awesome to see everyone there, and sorry to the ones i didnt introduce myself too.....

FROSTY
20th May 2004, 23:43
i was just about to say thank you to all those that turned up. I had a total ball. The highlight of the night for me was seeing you guys hard at it in the last race --all with HUGE grins on your faces. I still can't believe that we tried to fit 3 carts round a corner only 2 carts wide --well something had to give thanks TS and KK
Thank you one and all for turning up
It was a genuine pleasure to meet each and every one of you.
Ohh KK --its a road race track not a rally track :buggerd: -kidding dude
2 smoker -try going round the carts next time not through em. -I mean 3 carts destroyed is a bit much lol-
Hey all you other guys thanks again for making it a fantastic night :Punk: :Punk: :Punk:

Two Smoker
20th May 2004, 23:52
i was just about to say thank you to all those that turned up. I had a total ball. I still can't believe that 3 carts round a corner only 2 carts wide thing TS and KK
Thank you one and all.
Ohh KK --its a road race track not a rally track :buggerd:
2 smoker -try going round the carts next time not through em.
Hey all you other guys thanks again for making it a fantastic night
If i hit you and knocked you off the track, that means you were going too slow lol, it wasn't like we were racing real cars or bikes, so what's wrong with a little bit of "contact" hehehe

FROSTY
20th May 2004, 23:57
hmmm now who was pushing who all the way down the back straight young man??
Out of concideration to a younger driver i diddnt pass ya -or hit ya --Hard lol

Shawn
21st May 2004, 00:07
Wow it was heaps of fun and I managed to meet some of guys on here which is really cool…and yeap I managed to come LAST….humm…my mate Greg managed to come 1st…which was a surprise to me as he never managed to come 1st in any of the 10 races but he was always in between 2,3,4 so he got the fastest timing…but I though XJ gonna get that…Also im gonna see how I can upload the video…I have to get that in my comp first though but I don’t have any tv card installed atm, so does any1 wanan help me out with that…

All in all it was awesome and we should definitely do it again…even though I’ll prolly come last again..lol…

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 00:15
yea it proves that old racing addage --to finish first -first you must finish.
He was consistant and thats what counts.
Mind you parking into the wall for a full lap diddnt help my cause :argh:

SPman
21st May 2004, 07:10
Best track battle went to KK and his dad...... the were literally hitting bumpers for laps at a time, heaps of hoons there...... (XJ, KK, Gixxer and SPMan come to mind as well as some others)

Awesome to see everyone there, and sorry to the ones i didnt introduce myself too..... A Hoon! Me! Never! Gixxer, Motoracer and me were merely intently involved in the cut and thrust of no holds barred racing!

Likewise!

Apart from xj who raced in nearly all the races, who had the most wins?

BigB
21st May 2004, 07:15
Hi Guys

Thanks for a great nite, just call me crash. Would be keen to do it again. :niceone:

MadDuck
21st May 2004, 08:22
I had a damn ball. Was kinda getting faster as the night wore on I thought.

Thanks for organising it xjxjxjxj. Even though I found myself alone on the race track 90% of the time due to being shunted about the place. Boys - always in a damn hurry :shifty: I often caught up when there were crashes.

Did manage a 2nd to last in one race! Wont embarrass said last KBer on here.

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 08:34
A Hoon! Me! Never! Gixxer, Motoracer and me were merely intently involved in the cut and thrust of no holds barred racing!

Likewise!

Apart from xj who raced in nearly all the races, who had the most wins?
hey Ill try to get a copy of the race results
I'm not sure who actually won the whole thing.
The format of racing was totally new to me so i couldnt keep track.
I raced 5 races as number 15 and 2 as number 20 (just to fill the numbers you understand :2thumbsup )
I do know that maduck got most conciderate driver. -Ohh and guys - some of her lap times were as quick as you guys so watch out next time :ar15:

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 08:50
Im thinking guys the next one will be in 2 months time
This time I will organise the format.
I will make sure that the longest you have to wait is 1 race before you're back on the track

Drunken Monkey
21st May 2004, 09:23
What a laugh...proof that suzuki riders ride faster AND drive faster :moon:

My teeth still feel a bit jarred from that 8 kart sandwich up on the bridge.

Stylish move of the night:-
was not, in fact, on the go kart track, but the white station wagon that swooped from the fast lane, across the front of another car, and onto the waterview offramp at the very last second (you know who you are, naughty, naughty...)

Motoracer
21st May 2004, 10:32
Thanx xjxjxj, it was briliant! Nothing better than going racing and not haveing to worry about maintainence.

I didn't see KK, xjxjxj and TS on the track but me, SP and GIXXER sure were having fun out there!

Gixxer
21st May 2004, 11:49
Thanx xjxjxj, it was briliant! Nothing better than going racing and not haveing to worry about maintainence.

I didn't see KK, xjxjxj and TS on the track but me, SP and GIXXER sure were having fun out there!

Yep awsome night, all I can say is, when's the next one? :headbang:

SP, MR, Drunken Monkey and I had a good ol time, there was some good battles going on. I managed to get on the grass more then once trying to overtake and spent alot of time with my front wheels on the back of other carts, and managed to get hammered from all sides. :Punk:

Thanks xjxjxj good night dude, good to see everyone.

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 12:44
well I did say in 2 months for the next one.
But maybee sooner if everyone wants in on it
Im thinking maybee next time we'll have 2 groups of 10 sprint racing then afterwards maybee 2 grudge races. I wanna see how quick me and KK can get his dad to go

Posh Tourer :P
21st May 2004, 15:09
Great night xj....I'm up for the next one whenever it is....as long as its not right before an exam :S That format worked quite well, but maybe a one race on one race off would be better. Slightly harder to work out, but I think in all the format was really good. Everyone got to be in a range of karts and grid positions... Good stuff :)
Any tips on how to pass SPman without shuntin him into a wall somewhere?

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 17:22
I could tell ya but its a trade secret Um what you don't do is try to cram 3 carts into.... Nope I wont go on about that one. :buggerd:
I would like to lodge a complaint about the conspiricy to nobble my cart-pushing me into the wall at turn one. Hrumph :angry2: lol

Gixxer
21st May 2004, 17:29
Great night xj....I'm up for the next one whenever it is....as long as its not right before an exam :S That format worked quite well, but maybe a one race on one race off would be better. Slightly harder to work out, but I think in all the format was really good. Everyone got to be in a range of karts and grid positions... Good stuff :)
Any tips on how to pass SPman without shuntin him into a wall somewhere?

Yeah, wait for someone to try and take him on the inside, when he goes to push them into the wall overtake on the outside.

Or just shunt him into the wall.

Kwaka-Kid
21st May 2004, 17:38
Firstly id like to say thanks XJ for an evening nothing short of awesome carnage *cough*, i mean Fun. And second up id like to protest that it wasnt fair as i had the slowest car every time and everybody else had the weight advantage!!! ;)
nah nah now on a more serious note it was great and my ribs are sore as expected from pure payback - i put the old man into the tyres ONCE and once only! I got put out onto the grass and dropped the kart off a ledge which broke the steering somehow, once. then got shunted into the tyres TWICE! now i never was one for fast maths or anything (which is why this post has taken the last 5 minutes for me to write) but that makes 3x the eye-for-an-eye payback i deserved? Ive been hard done by, and think i best not be invited to the next one if that nobody who i gave one of my 400's to for the night (which he undoubtly thrashed:() turns up!.. Grrrr, he best check his tyre pressures before he next rides his bike.

Anyway, great night and the father/son battling going on was great but the highlight of the night was surely the 3 abreast overtake going on out of the hairpin aiming for the next... Something gave alright, god gave TS the way and it just wasnt FAIR!!! :(

Big Dog
21st May 2004, 17:39
I could tell ya but its a trade secret Um what you don't do is try to cram 3 carts into.... Nope I wont go on about that one. :buggerd:
I would like to lodge a complaint about the conspiricy to nobble my cart-pushing me into the wall at turn one. Hrumph :angry2: lol
Thats called doing a Ralph Schumacher (he had 2 offs on the first corner on the first lap in the last season one a DNF one he finished 5th after being dead last twice.) :whistle:

Or were you trying to do a Rossi (passing on the.....)

ROFLMAO. :lol: :killingme :lol:

Big Dog
21st May 2004, 17:45
nah nah now on a more serious note it was great and my ribs are sore as expected from pure payback - i put the old man into the tyres ONCE and once only! I got put out onto the grass and dropped the kart off a ledge which broke the steering somehow, once. then got shunted into the tyres TWICE! now i never was one for fast maths or anything (which is why this post has taken the last 5 minutes for me to write) but that makes 3x the eye-for-an-eye payback i deserved? :(

Your problem might be trying to explain a Bhudist concept (Kharmic retribution = what you putout into the world you will get back three fold) with christain analogy (eye for an eye):lol:

SPman
21st May 2004, 17:51
Yeah, wait for someone to try and take him on the inside, when he goes to push them into the wall overtake on the outside.

Or just shunt him into the wall.
Are you implying that I fight, er, drive dirty :eek5:

Nah, just give me the slowest cart....oh...I had the slowest cart and still won!! :bleh:

Kwaka-Kid
21st May 2004, 17:52
umm, no no im pretty sure my problem was i got taken out 3 times and i owe him 2.
Dont know about Bhuda or Chirst though, cant say i met either of them there?
:P
im so stoopid. :D

Big Dog
21st May 2004, 17:57
Are you implying that I fight, er, drive dirty :eek5:

Nah, just give me the slowest cart....oh...I had the slowest cart and still won!! :bleh:
Who said he was implying anyhting? :killingme

SPman
21st May 2004, 18:09
Who said he was implying anyhting? :killingme This must be were I play the Age & Cunning card :devil2:

Ghost Lemur
21st May 2004, 18:20
Your problem might be trying to explain a Bhudist concept (Kharmic retribution = what you putout into the world you will get back three fold) with christain analogy (eye for an eye):lol:

e;fb

I definitely prefer the Buddhist way of looking at things. It's less about retribution and more about personal responsibility.

Big Dog
21st May 2004, 18:20
This must be were I play the Age & Cunning card :devil2:
or the old enough to know better but does it anyway..... :moon:

Two Smoker
21st May 2004, 19:09
Firstly and think i best not be invited to the next one if that nobody who i gave one of my 400's to for the night (which he undoubtly thrashed:() turns up!.. Grrrr, he best check his tyre pressures before he next rides his bike.

Anyway, great night and the father/son battling going on was great but the highlight of the night was surely the 3 abreast overtake going on out of the hairpin aiming for the next... Something gave alright, god gave TS the way and it just wasnt FAIR!!! :(Damn right i got through hehehe,that will teach you and XJ for trying to pass me hehehe, and I had the slowest cart and still came first in that race hehehe.......yep i saw your Dad nail it after we went onto the onramp lol.... that three a breast passing move was almost as awesome as our 3 bike in one lane drag race :crazy: ........ Big Dog make sure you get to race next time :niceone:

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 21:18
what a load of bollox 2 smoke-- I was pushing ya most of the way. :gob:
hmm and let me see -wasnt that 3 abrest -doesnt that mean we caught you and were passing --if only that corner was 150mm wider

El Dopa
22nd May 2004, 08:55
Yeah, great night.

Wasn't up with the hoons, but it all started coming together in the last race (until I got cocky and parked it in the tyres for a quick rest :o )

Good to meet those of you I had a chance to talk to. See you at te next one.

Two Smoker
22nd May 2004, 14:05
what a load of bollox 2 smoke-- I was pushing ya most of the way. :gob:
hmm and let me see -wasnt that 3 abrest -doesnt that mean we caught you and were passing --if only that corner was 150mm wider
Hell yes you were pushing me, because i was in number 2 cart which was slowest cart there :doh: but i held my lines, drove dirty and won hehehe.... We wont go into you passing on the orange now XJ........hehehe

Big Dog
22nd May 2004, 14:59
Big Dog make sure you get to race next time :niceone:

The usual condition with racing, money permitting.

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 15:41
Hell yes you were pushing me, because i was in number 2 cart which was slowest cart there :doh: but i held my lines, drove dirty and won hehehe.... We wont go into you passing on the orange now XJ........hehehe
OYYYY--- did I or did I not pull over and let mr milky pass me. He WANTED me to pass him to show him the faster lines
and at least I diddnt wreck any carts :devil2:

Big Dog
22nd May 2004, 16:02
least I diddnt wreck any carts :devil2:
No doubt helped by the custom (recaro :killingme ) seat.
:lol:

Two Smoker
22nd May 2004, 17:52
OYYYY--- did I or did I not pull over and let mr milky pass me. He WANTED me to pass him to show him the faster lines
and at least I diddnt wreck any carts :devil2:
WWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTT............. i only broke 3 karts hehehe, but so did KK..... us young hot heads aye.......

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 18:04
lol yea only 3 --you have no Idea how much shit I got for that.
Um and hey Hothead THIS OLD MAN as I recall posted the fastest lap -WITHOUT breaking any carts.
OMG I do feel old--40 tomorrow

Two Smoker
22nd May 2004, 18:09
lol yea only 3 --you have no Idea how much shit I got for that.
Um and hey Hothead THIS OLD MAN as I recall posted the fastest lap -WITHOUT breaking any carts.
OMG I do feel old--40 tomorrow
Yeah sorry about that XJ :doh:

But i only broke one of them when it was my fault, the others were from pile ups LOL.... and shit yes you were fast...... just because i was slow :crybaby:

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 18:18
:2guns: nahh you werent slow--just there aint nuffing like age and cunning when it comes to racing lol
Oh hang on yes there is --young with a belly full of testosterone. :devil2:

Kwaka-Kid
23rd May 2004, 21:21
haha, hey i only parked one car badly into the tyres thankyou, and it was because my steering went away thanks to the drop-off that occured when i went a little off-course. Anyway Will you too woman stop your bickering and we will see who has the guts to play bumper bikes on june 5th eh!. God knows its not me, i want to try and protect my clean sheet so far, and prevent getting my head bashed in because i took some dude out or something.
Surely next time we can get more of a discount yeah XJ? $45 pretty much killed my bank. im back to -$99955 now :(

SPman
23rd May 2004, 23:27
Hell yes you were pushing me, because i was in number 2 cart which was slowest cart there :doh: but i held my lines, drove dirty and won hehehe....
Hey, thats how I won in No 2 cart as well!

Gixxer
24th May 2004, 10:08
Originally Posted by Two Smoker
Hell yes you were pushing me, because i was in number 2 cart which was slowest cart there but i held my lines, drove dirty and won hehehe....

Your both wrong, you will know when u r in the slow cart, it is the one that almost stalls going over the ramp, if it was not for the person who gave me a little tap to get me over the top i would have started to go backwards. that cart was number 1.

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 10:26
I actually wasn't gonna mention that :gob:
That no 1 had fuel feed issues i reckon and It launched worse than shumey at monaco last night

Devil
24th May 2004, 10:43
Awww man, I love karting. I wish I had money to come along with you guys :(
Next one I hope!

Havent been to that place before though. How does it rate with other ones around akl?

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 11:08
Dude in my opinion there is NO comparisson--it is a real track and you really do need to drive the cart well to pass

Gixxer
24th May 2004, 12:36
Dude in my opinion there is NO comparisson--it is a real track and you really do need to drive the cart well to pass

Yeah have to agree, I have driven all the auckland tracks in the past 6 months with work comp and that is rated very highly in my book , silverdales quite good as well.

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 12:54
If anybodys in terested I can organise a race series -itll be like 10 guys who regularly go down and race.
Format is 6 meetings with 5 races and one practice per meeting.
I usually run it so you only get points for your best 5 meetings at the end of the series.
1st 2nd and third place and Fastest driver and crackpot award is given at the end of the series.points will run 10 for a win down to one for 10th -0 for non attending

Devil
24th May 2004, 13:45
That sounds pretty cool. How regular? cost?

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 13:47
ill look into it and post a new thread

Milky
24th May 2004, 20:45
I actually wasn't gonna mention that :gob:
That no 1 had fuel feed issues i reckon and It launched worse than shumey at monaco last night

Good thing you guys gave me a few min head start when i was in cart one then.... It launched badly with me in it so someone like gixxer would have had to get out and push it to get it moving :msn-wink:

Gixxer
25th May 2004, 10:25
Good thing you guys gave me a few min head start when i was in cart one then.... It launched badly with me in it so someone like gixxer would have had to get out and push it to get it moving :msn-wink:

left hand on the steering wheel, right hand pushing the cart along

FROSTY
25th May 2004, 12:07
sure sure--more like BOTH hands on the wheel :eek: and aim for the center of his cart