PDA

View Full Version : Workshop situation in ENZED?

mjvduc
13th June 2006, 18:31
HI There,

we wanna move back to ENZED (mostlikely) and I just wonder if there is need for bike work shops (spez. ducati's)??? I’ve got a job, so I’m thinking to do it part time for a start. Location would be somewhere around Auckland, howick area or further south.

Thanks

mjvduc

Big Dave
13th June 2006, 18:34
There is a shortage of skilled mechanics in Auckland.
AMPS advertise constantly for someone who knows their way around a hog

www.amps.co.nz/jobs.html

Gremlin
13th June 2006, 18:38
errr BD, he was obviously talking about the more expensive Italian machinery... not the overpriced chrome scrap from the US :blah:

I know I was talking to someone a short while ago, and apparently there is one shop in auckland qualified to service ducati, and they are apparently not really that great to deal with, with riders prepared to travel to Hamilton to get service.

If another shop wanted to get official ducati service, there may well be a niche I guess. Perhaps someone can fill in the details I don't have??

mjvduc
13th June 2006, 20:03
I don't wanna work for somebody :nono: thats for sure:yes: more into engine :scooter: tuning and fixing thing and of course standard servicing. I found Auckland and NZ quiet pricy and they haven’t done a brilliant job but charged heaps of dollars. Parts aren’t an issue; you can easily order the stuff from Europe or go with a local supplier:blip:

take care

mjvduc

Clivoris
13th June 2006, 20:32
Hey man. Too many distractions in Italy?:eek: :laugh: Move to Porirua, no distractions here. Good luck with the move and setting up a performance shop. I've always wondered if an outfit like V2 (Perth?) would work here. Us Kiwis seem to like doing things on the cheep. :rockon:

Big Dave
13th June 2006, 22:06
errr BD, he was obviously talking about the more expensive Italian machinery... not the overpriced chrome scrap from the US :blah:

They do that classless jap crap too.:nya:

ZeroIndex
13th June 2006, 22:43
haha.. come to hamilton.. we don't get random 'power cuts' HAHAHAHA

idb
13th June 2006, 23:08
I do all my own servicing but it'd be nice to have somewhere to send everything when I cock it up!

Lou Girardin
14th June 2006, 08:25
Buon Giorno,
Try Haldanes in Auckland, they're Duc agents.
Mt Eden M/cycles do Aprilia and Moto Guzzi.
How's the weather in Milano? I'm over there next Thursday.

mjvduc
14th June 2006, 08:30
@lou

weather is perfect, can't complain:blip: where are you going, if I'm not busy with working or driving we can meet for a beer:yes:

living close to the lago maggiore (north west of milan) and logo di orta:scooter:

mjvduc

Lou Girardin
14th June 2006, 10:46
I have a day and a half in Milano, the off to Serego near Vicenza for the Spidi new model release over two days, then to Bergamo to see the Nolan Factory and back to Milan and home.
PM your mobile, I'll try to phone on Thurs/friday.

Pixie
14th June 2006, 10:56
They do that classless jap crap too.:nya:
And pommie crap

The_Dover
14th June 2006, 10:56
I have a day and a half in Milano, the off to Serego near Vicenza for the Spidi new model release over two days, then to Bergamo to see the Nolan Factory and back to Milan and home.

Fuck, it's a hard life eh Lou? Your employers must be some of those penny pinching bastards that WINJA and co are moaning about.

emaN
14th June 2006, 11:00

lemme know if you need a translator to accompany you! :blip:

Lou Girardin
14th June 2006, 11:50
Fuck, it's a hard life eh Lou? Your employers must be some of those penny pinching bastards that WINJA and co are moaning about.

I tried to get someone else to go. It's a dirty job, etc.......................

Lou Girardin
14th June 2006, 11:54
lemme know if you need a translator to accompany you! :blip:
Scusi? Non capisco.

grego
14th June 2006, 15:13
I see you are in full command of the lingo.........
what a bastard of a job.................:first:

mjvduc
14th June 2006, 16:59

you've got mail. in case you're running into a race suit size 52 with this hightec :doobey: leather material you can pass it on to me:innocent:

mjvduc