PDA

View Full Version : New Montesa 4 stroke trials bike.

Motu
21st May 2004, 08:17
Dunno where this link will end up - it was a photo of the bike,but could take us anywhere,it's a Honda of course cause they have the Montesa name.

http://www.trialsnz.co.nz/images/Monty4stroke1.jpg

Trials is the last place where the 2 stroke rules,but maybe not for long.It may take awhile,but in 5 yrs I'd say 4 strokes will be the bike to have.May help to make trials popular again,a turn around like with enduro bikes.

White trash
21st May 2004, 08:58
I had wondered how long it would take for the 4 strokes to get there. The advances made in the past 5 years are pretty amazing.

What concerns me, is that the new RM-Z250 MX bike, needs new piston and rings every 10 hours! :shit: The maintainence costs are so much higher than a 2 stroke. It would be a shame to see a relatively low cost sport such as trials, be priced above what the average person can afford.

Cajun
21st May 2004, 09:07
those trails guys are amazing at what they can do, i seen them down the road at mclaren falls, praticing, over the rocks,

i'm to much of a pussy for that, to scared to full off, why i gave up moto-x bikes, i didn't like the falling off part

boris
21st May 2004, 09:20
I was watching the world champ in on tv (sky)last year, and wonderd why the montessa had hrc on the motor.Those guys make it look easy and i thought Hans Ray On a Pushbike was amazing.

F5 Dave
24th May 2004, 09:21
Because Montessa are owned by Honda. For a while they were called different brands in different markets. The weirdest thing was when I wanted to buy Dellorto jets for my GasGas Trials bike, the best source was Honda genuine parts!!

The 4 strokes have been bought in as a compulsory thing for Trials competition in world series it is being phased in. :weep:

What a load of bollocks! I mean competition bikes aren’t contributing to pollution, 250cc being used 4 hours a week vs a 1600cc car used every day & stuck in traffic for hours, PLEASE!

Give us back the small light powerful bikes that start easily when hot (& can be silenced down to stealth mode quite easily). :ar15:

Motu
24th May 2004, 17:18
http://www.trialsnz.co.nz/montesa.php

Developed in Japan - looks like Montesa is just a marketing name now.4 stroke trials in 2006 - how typical of Honda to be 3 steps ahead of the game.Trials bikes are no longer the heavy flywheeled sluggers of twin shock days - biggest problem with 4 stroke trials bikes is the tendancy to stall at a time and place not of your choosing,how is a light flywheeled 4 stroke going to go? Looking forward to seeing my first one in the flesh.

pete376403
24th May 2004, 23:07
If the package included a compact battery and starter, you could hit the button and restart without putting feet down.

F5 Dave
25th May 2004, 09:01
Yeah & how typical of Honda to try & push their evil 4 stroke intentions on the rest of the world.

Infidels! :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

denill
28th May 2004, 08:23
Yeah & how typical of Honda to try & push their evil 4 stroke intentions on the rest of the world.

Not quite though Dave.

Didn't Honda get badly caught with their pants down by Yamaha with their 4T off road models ??

They are still in catch up mode.....

But hey that is sweet looking Montessa/Honda and thanks Motu. :yeah: :yeah:

merv
28th May 2004, 09:02
Not quite though Dave.

Didn't Honda get badly caught with their pants down by Yamaha with their 4T off road models ??

They are still in catch up mode.....

... and denill see what happened when you stopped selling Hondas, even I've got a damn Yamaha now.