PDA

View Full Version : Headlight in a race fairing

kiwifruit
14th June 2006, 09:56
ive gotten myself a set of race fairings which im sanding back and painting black. :niceone:
I want to have these fairings fitted full time so need to sort a headlight.
Pref legal.
2much had the awesome idea of using 2 halogens mounted one above the other... which i recon would look great, but it seems the street fighter headlight kits that would be ideal to hack up... (eg:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Frames-bodywork/auction-59887838.htm)
...feature lights that are not legal (have no high/low beam)
Anyone know if these little halogen bulbs can come with a high/low function?
Or anyone got any other bright (haha, sorry *sigh*) ideas?
Cheers, Allan.

skelstar
14th June 2006, 10:00
Buy some headlight fit for a Buell XB12R (Firebolt). They are seperate units and would be ideal for your needs. Would cost you about $160 I think. A Buell dealer should be contacted regarding this requirement.

kickingzebra
14th June 2006, 10:14
I say eat more carrots...

kiwifruit
14th June 2006, 10:15
I say eat more carrots...
:lol:
im happy to do that, but mr WOF (or Mr Plod) won't see it the same way im sure :P

imdying
14th June 2006, 10:17
Was looking at sportsbikesnz.co.nz yesterday, pretty sure I saw some headlights on there you could adapt :)

The Stranger
14th June 2006, 10:24
You can get units similar in concept to that shown on the Tardme page with hi/low and integral indicators. Henderson Motorcycles have them for about $179.00.
It has a centre piece with the lights mounted on it and this screws into a kind of mini fairing. You could whip out the centre piece and possibly fit just that into you fairing.

You may want to have a look at Forbes & Davies (http://www.forbesanddavies.co.nz/) also. You can browse their catalogue at their site, but got to go to a dealer to purchase.

FROSTY
14th June 2006, 10:24
I'd do the single 75mm round headlight thing.
use one off of a zxr250 or cbr250 or similar.
youll need to make up the brackets -better still use a bracket off a wrecked bike then weld it into your fairing frame

2much
14th June 2006, 11:25
Buy some headlight fit for a Buell XB12R (Firebolt). They are seperate units and would be ideal for your needs. Would cost you about $160 I think. A Buell dealer should be contacted regarding this requirement.

Good idea, Buell parts are cheap as chips too.

:lol:
im happy to do that, but mr WOF (or Mr Plod) won't see it the same way im sure :P

What if you have proof with you in a plastic bag? And where the fuck did that corn come from?

kiwifruit
14th June 2006, 11:39
thanks for the ideas everyone :)
i really like the buell lights, will see what i can find
the other option is using something as Frosty described, which would be cheapest i think....:second:

What if you have proof with you in a plastic bag? And where the fuck did that corn come from?
Buahaha!
im sure the body makes its own corn..... ive seen evidence after months of corn free eating

R6_kid
16th June 2006, 12:30
how about trying to get a hyosung GT250R headlight assembly? not sure on price, but the bikes are reasonably cheap, so i'd assume parts arent too bad.

skelstar
16th June 2006, 13:12
They are about $1000 as a spare part. F-ing kawasaki NZ.

kiwifruit
16th June 2006, 13:52
Thanks for the thoughts guys, it looks like im gonna be able to use the stock headlight \o/
if that fails i have a DR650 unit which could be used, but would be ugly...

The_Dover
16th June 2006, 14:48
how about trying to get a hyosung GT250R headlight assembly? not sure on price, but the bikes are reasonably cheap, so i'd assume parts arent too bad.

Like fuck they are. A tail light unit for my old handbag cost me 250 notes. A mirror was 50.

slopster
18th June 2006, 14:00
I think for WOF you can have a light that is only low beam but not 100% sure. Wouldn't be ideal for night riding but should keep mr WOF happy.

N4CR
18th June 2006, 14:13
ZXR250 A models have headlights attached to subframe or something, C models are mounted to front fairing so make sure it's an A model. I'm having troubles with that myself... (C model here).

Anything 1989 and under is A model.