PDA

View Full Version : Hungary establishes bike paramedic fleet

Bob
16th June 2006, 00:21
If you are holidaying in Hungary and have an accident, there is a very good chance you’ll be dealt with by another biker. While the UK still dithers over the implementation of it’s proposed national bike “Super Paramedic” scheme, the eastern-bloc country is leading the way.

Proposals by Zsombor Kunetz, an ambulance medic were taken seriously enough that a pilot scheme was put in place. This proved so successful that the Hungarian motorway authority provided nine bikes, free of charge, to kick-start the national scheme.

Kunetz spoke about how the scheme came about "I love motorcycles and I also liked my profession as an ambulance medic, and I thought I could connect the two things to make it even better," he said. "We can get to a location within a very short time, as with motorcycles we are less limited in traffic jams than regular emergency vehicles."

The fleet runs from May until the end of October, when the Hungarian weather worsens to such a degree that it is considered unsafe for the officers to ride.

James Deuce
16th June 2006, 12:21
What? Weather? In Auckland? Hahahaha!!

In Hungary they shut it down because of blizzards. In Auckland the temperature sometimes even gets as low as 10C. Ooooooooo.

Bwahahahaa

Pussies.

Brian d marge
16th June 2006, 15:22
My mates Hungarian ..in Drebecen , and his brother is a bike in the Ambo squad ...wonder if hes one of the paramedics now?

but when it gets cold ,,,,its FRIGGGGGENN cold .... brass Monkeys dont just drop off they shatter!!!

Stephen
I ll trade you the Japanese summer for the NZ winter ,,,anyday !!