PDA

View Full Version : Sick 1988 GSX-R 250 - No WOF - No Rego

shcabbeh
16th June 2006, 10:09
Hey guys, I'm finally dumping her. I just don't have the cash to spend on getting her fixed and registered so I've put her up on trademe for a ridiculous price.

Anyway, I thought I'd let yas know in case any of you are interested. This bike needs to go quick. Have a look:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=60094681

Cheers,
Mike

Toast
16th June 2006, 10:52
How much? (I can't view tardme at work)

What's wrong with it?

skidMark
16th June 2006, 11:05
try www.trade-me.co.nz (http://www.trade-me.co.nz) toast

Colapop
16th June 2006, 11:23
Same here I can't see tardme (KB speak - MA) at work.

crashe
16th June 2006, 11:44
Sick 1988 GSX-R 250 - No WOF - No Rego
Current bid: $265.00 | Reserve met | Closes: Thu, 29 Jun

Minimum next bid: $ Autobid
Bid history

Style: Sports
Make: Suzuki
Model: GSX-R 250
Engine size: 250cc
Kilometres: 65,000km
Year: 1988

I've had this bike to learn to ride for about a year.

It had 8 owners before me, according to the certificate of registration.
I'm selling this as a parts bike mainly, I just want to get rid of it. I am getting fines for having it on the side of the road so it needs to go quick.

As at 14/06/06 it did start after quite an effort but bellowed some smoke out from under the petrol tank. I am not a mechanic and I don't know what that means but it needs to go.

It has an aftermarket exhaust though I'm not sure what brand.

It also has a tear in the seat which is not able to be seen from the pictures, sorry.

I'm happy to answer any questions to the best I can, thanks.

Please read the questions and answers for this auction below.

Click to enlarge - SORRY cant transfer pics over to KB.
Email me 12 hrs before closing (change)
Email to a friend
Printer friendly page

Closes 10:17 am, Thu 29 Jun. This auction may auto-extend.

Auction Number: 60094681

About the seller Payment / shipping
selltastic (2 )
100% positive feedback
Member since November 2005
Address Verified
Dec 2005

Mobile: 021 0324354

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seller's other listings
Read seller's feedback
Shipping: Buyer to pick up
Payment: bank deposit,Cash
SafeTrader:
learn more Doesn't support SafeTrader

Read our Safe Buying Advice

Place a bid
The reserve price has been met.
Current bid $265.00
Minimum next bid $270.00

Bid history
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amount date time bidder
$265.00 15 Jun 5:33 pm _speedfreak_ (8 )
$260.00 15 Jun 4:33 pm andreas22 (4 )
$255.00 15 Jun 2:25 pm _speedfreak_ (8 )
$250.00 15 Jun 1:50 pm japclassics (67 )
$200.00 15 Jun 11:58 am _speedfreak_ (8 )
$100.00 15 Jun 11:58 am _speedfreak_ (8 )

Ask the seller a question
when was last register? posted by: anniebell1 (25 ) 10:44 am, Thu 15 Jun
Answer: Hi there, the last registrar was my father on 16/08/2004. That was when the odometer read 59101km. I have recently had the ownership changed to me though I haven't been able to get a rego with no WOF. Part of the reason I'm selling it. Thanks, Mike 8:00 pm, Thu 15 Jun

This auction is for the whole bike isnt it? posted by: _speedfreak_ (8 ) 2:26 pm, Thu 15 Jun
Answer: Haha yes, it is for the whole bike. I do caution however that I am not a mechanic and am thus not entirely sure what's wrong with it. I know that some smoke comes from the engine as of last start, though it did actually fire. The battery was recently replaced. Thanks, Mike 8:02 pm, Thu 15 Jun

How did it run for your dad? posted by: _speedfreak_ (8 ) 8:04 pm, Thu 15 Jun
Answer: Well, my dad bought it for me to learn and I can tell you it ran fine for the year I was using it in New Plymouth. I have since moved to Auckland and had it break down on the way here (that was fun). Anyway, they diagnosed the problem as being with wires so they replaced the coil and the battery. It hasn't run very well since then, sputtering a bit and not having a lot of power. I did have to take it to have the battery replaced just to start it recently too. I just don't use it up 8:13 pm, Thu 15 Jun

Seller Comment: That was truncated: ..I just don't use it up here in Auckland very much so maybe the prolonged periods it is idle is a part of the problem, I'm not too sure. Thanks for the questions, Mike 8:16 pm, Thu 15 Jun

is it de-reged???or on hold?? or dose it have to be re-vined posted by: subaru4u1 (20 ) 9:25 pm, Thu 15 Jun
Answer: No, it is not de-registered or on hold which is why I keep getting fines for it. Thanks, Mike 9:28 pm, Thu 15 Jun

keen for swap for 110cc mini chopper or computer pentium 4 posted by: ashby6 (1 ) 10:05 pm, Thu 15 Jun
Answer: I'm sorry but it has already met reserve, I can only accept bids now. Thanks, Mike 10:08 pm, Thu 15 Jun

shcabbeh
17th June 2006, 01:41
Cheers for that crashe.

Sorry, didn't realise you guys couldn't see it. Anyway, as of 1:30am on Saturday, 17th... it's at $365 and over reserve.

I also replied to a question someone asked about seeing the bike. Yeah, I don't mind people coming to have a look so long as they let me know when is a good time.

I am usually working from about 4:30pm onwards so any time before then is fine for me.

Cheers.

skidMark
17th June 2006, 14:05
Same here I can't see tardme (KB speak - MA) at work.

i know that but what you can do if trademe is blocked is instead of trademe.co.nz you can put in trade-me.co.nz and it will usually let you in if the compiuter techs who blocked it were lazy lol