PDA

View Full Version : Harley have released a W-Rod

scracha
16th June 2006, 23:17
Like a V-Rod but with a conversion kit for born again bikers.

Shadows
16th June 2006, 23:28
I've seen this somewhere before. I think it was modified for some dude in a wheelchair.
Good on him for keeping on doing it I reckon.

ZeroIndex
17th June 2006, 07:14
BWAHAHAHAHA!! Finally.. TRAINING WHEELS!!

PS. I still think that Buell has a retractable training wheel..

Timber020
17th June 2006, 08:19
I dont understand know why you think thats funny, i wouldnt think that it would have effected the lean angle on most harleys.

Clivoris
17th June 2006, 09:53
I've seen this somewhere before. I think it was modified for some dude in a wheelchair.
Good on him for keeping on doing it I reckon.
Damn. :doh: Now I feel guilty for laughing...Now I feel stupid for feeling guilty...:scooter:

The Pastor
17th June 2006, 12:05
I'd get that when I crash and kill my legs......

I bet theres a huge market for normal people too, called honda riders!

ZeroIndex
17th June 2006, 13:02
I dont understand know why you think thats funny, i wouldnt think that it would have effected the lean angle on most harleys.
long story.. goes way back (around the time that i first joined in January/February) it was a post about some stolen bikes (out of a container), and it was the first time I saw a pic of a belt-driven Buell.. and i said that it looked like it had a retractable training wheel (i still reckon it does), but to finally see bolted on training wheels just makes me laugh..

trumpy
17th June 2006, 13:16
............but with a conversion kit for born again bikers.

And you are inferring.......... ??<_<

signed
BAB:bleh:

Edbear
17th June 2006, 14:31
And you are inferring.......... ??<_<

signed
BAB:bleh:

Hear, hear! Last Sunday I got the toes of both boots down around the Waipu loop with Busapete etc. (and not just when I stopped!). Was fun! I do agree they probably wouldn't restrict a V-Rod much more than without them, though. The V-Rod's cornering clearance is abysmal!:yes:

paturoa
17th June 2006, 16:06
perhaps I should use that as my avatar

trumpy
17th June 2006, 16:14
..Last Sunday I got the toes of both boots down around the Waipu loop.......

Bastard...!!:angry: Took me an entire track day to just get one toe down! Did get rid of my chicken strips tho....:niceone:

avgas
17th June 2006, 16:23
Pity no one is smart enough to make crash bungs/rollerblades for all these harley haters - mind due it it funny to watch them fork out the big bucks to replace those fairings.
Harley, if you havent tried one - dont whine. They have a decent ammount going for em. As for the vrod cornering - i seen 3 so far scraping the pegs on a good 45 degrees. Fucked if id want to do that on one of them - but good effort to those riders i feel.

diggydog
17th June 2006, 16:28
you won't have to worry about scraping the chrome.

Edbear
17th June 2006, 17:05
Bastard...!!:angry: Took me an entire track day to just get one toe down! Did get rid of my chicken strips tho....:niceone:

:nya: Then, mebbe your pegs are higher than the old 'F'...? Mebbe my feet are bigger...?Mebbe....:innocent:

TygerTung
17th June 2006, 17:13
Couldn't you just wack a sidecar on insted? Would look betta and be more practicle!

vs04
18th June 2006, 08:15
Hear, hear! Last Sunday I got the toes of both boots down around the Waipu loop with Busapete etc. (and not just when I stopped!). Was fun! I do agree they probably wouldn't restrict a V-Rod much more than without them, though. The V-Rod's cornering clearance is abysmal!:yes:
Yes,but there,s a shit load of people who dont feel the need to be scraping toes to have fun riding bikes.

Edbear
19th June 2006, 07:57
Yes,but there,s a shit load of people who dont feel the need to be scraping toes to have fun riding bikes.

I quite agree, my good Sir! I often just pootle along enjoying the scenery and most of my mates have cruisers, including a couple of V-Rods and a Softail! When getting back into biking I originally considered a cruiser but was offered the 'F' at a price I really couldn't refuse, so somewhat hesitantly bought it. Having now done nearly 10,000km on it I'm not sure I could be satisfied with a cruiser now, though. I do get a kick out of scratching and getting it down in the corners. :scooter:

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 12:45
Couldn't you just wack a sidecar on insted? Would look betta and be more practicle!

when i was in canada at a rally.....port dover i think it was [if you havent been....go!] there was a bike there with not so much a side car, but a side tray....the owner...a dude in a wheel chair. he sat in his chair on the side tray and operated the controls from there. amazing stuff...i was impressed! also met a couple of guys who had legs amputated due to accidents and had prosthtic legs....they rode trikes.

pity i didnt get a photo of the side tray bike, but didnt want the rider to get upset.

scumdog
20th June 2006, 14:05
pity i didnt get a photo of the side tray bike, but didnt want the rider to get upset.

Why? What was he going to do? Run after you and kick your ass? (Sorry Mr H.)

98tls
20th June 2006, 19:18
:doobey: Harley releasing a W-rod seems rather appropriate to me.

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 20:09
Why? What was he going to do? Run after you and kick your ass? (Sorry Mr H.)

hardy har har. lol. you never know...them wheel chairs can roll pretty fast!

98tls
20th June 2006, 20:17
hardy har har. lol. you never know...them wheel chairs can roll pretty fast! i hope there faster than the V-rod then......i followed one over the pig root awhile back:wait: it was ummmm...lets say entertaining for a short time...Brake..pitch..Wallow..Whoops...Brake again...Wallow...scrap..etc..thought it better to just move on.:bye:

vs04
20th June 2006, 20:22
I quite agree, my good Sir! I often just pootle along enjoying the scenery and most of my mates have cruisers, including a couple of V-Rods and a Softail! When getting back into biking I originally considered a cruiser but was offered the 'F' at a price I really couldn't refuse, so somewhat hesitantly bought it. Having now done nearly 10,000km on it I'm not sure I could be satisfied with a cruiser now, though. I do get a kick out of scratching and getting it down in the corners. :scooter:
I,ll admit i,ve never ridden a sport bike they just feel to uncomfortable to me and thats just sitting on them,although i do admire the performance and handling that they are known for and can understand the buzz you guys get from scraping toes etc but if i was to get my cruiser over to the point of scraping the pegs,well,i,d be looking for a clean pair of underwear pretty quick.Cheers.

98tls
20th June 2006, 20:34
I,ll admit i,ve never ridden a sport bike they just feel to uncomfortable to me and thats just sitting on them,although i do admire the performance and handling that they are known for and can understand the buzz you guys get from scraping toes etc but if i was to get my cruiser over to the point of scraping the pegs,well,i,d be looking for a clean pair of underwear pretty quick.Cheers. good post mate...i have mates who ride cruiser bikes and we often have debates on the cruiser/sport thing,i have no idea how they do it,me it drive senseless just puddling along..all i want is the next twisty road and yes it sure does get the heart pumping..i love it but when i listen and i mean really listen to a mate with a cruiser describe his love of riding i have to admit we all just get a real Buzz out of what we do.

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 20:41
i hope there faster than the V-rod then......i followed one over the pig root awhile back:wait: it was ummmm...lets say entertaining for a short time...Brake..pitch..Wallow..Whoops...Brake again...Wallow...scrap..etc..thought it better to just move on.:bye:

i love harleys...but the vrod is somethin ill never understand....from my view ugly as sin [cept for the color] and sounds like trash....having one of them go by is like being passed by a goldwing...all stereo no engine noise. theres one or two in town here...i always pity the rider. give me proper cruiser styling...heritage softail classic perhaps? *wipes drool off keyboard*

i remember when i first fell for bikes....was sittin on the side of the road on my bicycle....big black harley went by...all i knew was the power, the sound and the fact my insides were being rearranged by the vibration. my ex ddint call me "cumquad" for nothing!!

98tls
20th June 2006, 20:48
as much as i like my sport bikes i do like the look of the new Suzuki offering......M109R.at $20,000 why would anybody buy a Hardley......WHOOPS i mean Harley,Fuck it there goes another Red Rep.

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 20:58
not bad...but could do without that thing over the headlight. nice...but not for me. just dont like the look.

98tls
20th June 2006, 21:02
not bad...but could do without that thing over the headlight. nice...but not for me. just dont like the look. no what you mean....if i bought one i would mount up a wee buell screen or something similar.

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 21:14
no what you mean....if i bought one i would mount up a wee buell screen or something similar.

buells....sounds good...goes like a bat outta hell [beein pillion on one about 3 years back] but too sporty for me.

vs04
20th June 2006, 21:44
good post mate...i have mates who ride cruiser bikes and we often have debates on the cruiser/sport thing,i have no idea how they do it,me it drive senseless just puddling along..all i want is the next twisty road and yes it sure does get the heart pumping..i love it but when i listen and i mean really listen to a mate with a cruiser describe his love of riding i have to admit we all just get a real Buzz out of what we do.
I agree.I,m a member of the triumph owners club here in wanganui,one ride in particular i remember,we were coming back from down wellington way,where we sat on 100-110 and just cruised back, no one overtook anybody we just sat in formation all the way back to wanganui.Now that would drive most sport riders nuts but to me it was probably one of the best rides i,ve done with the club and stopping of at the local pub for a couple of pints was,nt bad either, awesome.

sunhuntin
20th June 2006, 21:47
I agree.I,m a member of the triumph owners club here in wanganui,one ride in particular i remember,we were coming back from down wellington way,where we sat on 100-110 and just cruised back, no one overtook anybody we just sat in formation all the way back to wanganui.Now that would drive most sport riders nuts but to me it was probably one of the best rides i,ve done with the club and stopping of at the local pub for a couple of pints was,nt bad either, awesome.

damn, wish i coulda been on that one! LOL. woulda been eating everyones dust, but thats ok!

saw mickey [rides the steed] the other day....she likely wont be on the rides for a while...bit of financial stuf happening with her.

any idea on the dates for the nationals next year? theyre in dunedin i think...sue told me i had to go, lol.

metric
20th June 2006, 22:55
buells....sounds good...goes like a bat outta hell [beein pillion on one about 3 years back] but too sporty for me.

eh?

edit: thought a buell(sp) was a dressed up harley engine with a bike wrapped around it by a european designer?

James Deuce
20th June 2006, 23:06
eh?

edit: thought a buell(sp) was a dressed up harley engine with a bike wrapped around it by a european designer?

Eric Buell is American. The engine and gearbox are substantially different to their Sportster origins, and Buell is a division of HD.

Every Buell I've ridden has been a hoot.

vs04
21st June 2006, 07:37
damn, wish i coulda been on that one! LOL. woulda been eating everyones dust, but thats ok!

saw mickey [rides the steed] the other day....she likely wont be on the rides for a while...bit of financial stuf happening with her.

any idea on the dates for the nationals next year? theyre in dunedin i think...sue told me i had to go, lol.
Not sure on dates,but they,re taking bookings now i think.Thats a shame about mickey but i,m sure she,ll sort it.The triumph rides can be quite good,the cool thing with bruce and sue is that they,ll put you up front where the pace is slower and ride within your comfort level,they always make a point of making sure you,re not feeling pressured to keep up the pace with everybody else,awesome stuff.Cheers.

sunhuntin
21st June 2006, 11:49
Not sure on dates,but they,re taking bookings now i think.Thats a shame about mickey but i,m sure she,ll sort it.The triumph rides can be quite good,the cool thing with bruce and sue is that they,ll put you up front where the pace is slower and ride within your comfort level,they always make a point of making sure you,re not feeling pressured to keep up the pace with everybody else,awesome stuff.Cheers.

there a ride this coming weekend is it? will try and get the day off and come along....get this nationals stuff sorted. would prefer to ride down with a group who knows how to tie bikes for the ferry crossing....i wouldnt have a clue. lol. i take it you need your own tie downs?

vs04
21st June 2006, 17:47
there a ride this coming weekend is it? will try and get the day off and come along....get this nationals stuff sorted. would prefer to ride down with a group who knows how to tie bikes for the ferry crossing....i wouldnt have a clue. lol. i take it you need your own tie downs?
Yep,nice cruisey ride this sunday.Bart,s leading this one,down through marton and on to ohakeha museum for a look around and lunch then back homeand possibly stop of for a beer,short and sweet but still good fun and i think the weather is suppose to improve.From what i,ve been told there,s tie downs on the boat but it pays to take your own,about four i think,there,s a thread on this somewhere on this site.

sunhuntin
21st June 2006, 20:02
Yep,nice cruisey ride this sunday.Bart,s leading this one,down through marton and on to ohakeha museum for a look around and lunch then back homeand possibly stop of for a beer,short and sweet but still good fun and i think the weather is suppose to improve.From what i,ve been told there,s tie downs on the boat but it pays to take your own,about four i think,there,s a thread on this somewhere on this site.

cheers for that. about 80% sure i can get this sunday off....txt a girl tonight from work...shell let me know tomorrow.
what time...9? at caltex.

vs04
22nd June 2006, 13:10
cheers for that. about 80% sure i can get this sunday off....txt a girl tonight from work...shell let me know tomorrow.
what time...9? at caltex.
Leave caltex at ten,i wont be there if raining,i dont mind rideing in the rain just get pissed of with all the cleaning i have to do afterwards.

sunhuntin
22nd June 2006, 20:28
Leave caltex at ten,i wont be there if raining,i dont mind rideing in the rain just get pissed of with all the cleaning i have to do afterwards.

10 it is! thanks for that! ran into pat [sherrif] today at work...asked if she was coming...if looks could kill, lmfao. said it was too cold, and that the rally was in reefton [i think] not dunedin.
yeh...the rain is a cow....got the bike half cleaned the other day...too wet to finish it!
hope to see you there!!