PDA

View Full Version : Race reports

texmo
18th June 2006, 15:58
This blurb is based around - Manfeild, Street Stock Round two, 17th of June 2006.

I am doing this more for my own good than anybody else's so in a Few years time I can look back and read this and think man I was a newbie.
*note this is long and boring stop reading here and go down to race unless you care*
I also did shit in engrish at school. and this wont make much sense toanybody but me...

04/06/06: Coroloop with Toast, Motoracer, HDTboy and Vtec. (This was my 3rd Ride on my new zxr250 1993, Its the second bike I have owned my first was a cbr250rr which I owned for 6weeks before writing off 7months ago.) After doing this ride and holding my own against some of the faster smaller cc bike riders on kiwibiker and with a little encourgment from the above while discussing the domio grim I decided to race in street stock round two. I contacted SVS who without the help of I wouldnt have been able to race so a big thanks to him. I sent my vic club membership form and race form away on the tuesday as it was a public holiday and got the ball rolling. The week after I started to set my bike up for racing, Well I went to sudeeps and he did it all for me while I drank the beers I brought him and listened to all the advice he gave me. He changed the raditaor coolant for water and lock wired certain things as well as chaging the air filter and motor oil. The bike was all ready to go on the friday(16th) morning at 1:30am. I had the friday off so I loaded up the bikes (mine and mikeys new bike a gixxer 600 k2 race bike that used to belong to sudeep) and set off at around 1:30pm with my Dad for feilding race court motel. We arrived at about 9:30pm (we stopped for a sit down dinner) and I dropped off like a light only to be woken up by drew and mikey at 2am to get the gixxer, after they left at 3am I fell asleep again no problems and had one of the best sleeps in my life. I woke up at 6:30 and was at the track by 7:45 where vtec saved me a place in the stables (good on ya mate). I sgined in and put a transponder on my bike and that was it everything was set for my first race. I got a txt at about 8pm from my pitt bitch HDTboy saying he was thawing at at taupo when he did arrive I found out he got a ticket for doing 139km/hr. I meet some more kiwibikers all of whom were really cool people... The weather was absoulte shit with hail and rain to begin with setting in to shower all day long. I went out for the scrub in lap and went as slow as I could and did the same in pratice with a few faster laps near the end of pratice just to learn to track so that when I make a misstake and freak out and get dissorentated It would take me as long to get my groundings. I got 9th fastest quailifying time out of 11 street stock racers. and I got beaten by all of them off the line due to a shit launch and shit clutch I ended up passing some people and finnishing 5th I did pretty much the same in race 2 with another 5th place.

I have heaps to improve on as I didnt do very well, Below is a picture of manfeild and the lines I should be taking along with braking points.
What I did wrong and things to improve my lap times.
First off my starts were crap, this is because I am a shit launcher and because my clutch was slipping really badly the whole day, I also raced the whole day with a full fuel tank which is adding another 12 unwanted kgs to my bike (I am already about 20kgs heavyer than vtec), I wasnt aggressive enough entering the first corner and lost places here too, I wasnt entering this corner wide enough as there was a puddel on the out side but I was cutting across on the inside of the pothole and trying to get the gas on early, I would enter the corner slightly too soon making for a good passing opportunity, when I left the corner I would stay tight to the inside of the track rather than drift out for castrol I would also slightly back off the throtle rather than stay full tit and changing up a gear (I also use my clutch for upchanges I need to get out of this habbit) I would then come into castrol too slowly braking a bit to eairly and turn to soon rather than going out and back in I was messing up this corner badly I would then coast along the the hairpin, from castorl I wasnt pushing the bike enough and exiting wide enough limiting the speed I could carry. I wasnt gettin g off the bike enoug hhere and getting the bike over enough either. I would then enter husqvarna way to slowly and not go deep enough then when in the hair pin I didnt have the gas on soon enough and I would look at the ground because of the potholes I would then go to wide on exit rather than drift out limiting the amount of throtle I was able to put on. coming up to higgins I would brak slightly to early and not drop enough gears but other than that this corner was good I was passing people on this one. I wouldnt exit it right how ever I would caing up to dunlop then cut across to the out side of the track rather than drift across and I would brake to early I was going deep enough but turning before I had to I was hard on the gas and had a good body position that I should try and keep for the other corners I was exiting wide but I could probbly exit wider with more gas on then I would sit up off the seat and put weight on my right foot peg to turn rather than steer with my arms I was then not braking late enough for coke.
In all I didnt do very well ass I made way to many misstakes I need to thrash the bike more and keep on the throtle longer than brake harder and stop using the clutch while up shifting I also need to brake later and stay on brake a little more entering corners while getting on throtle quicker I wasnt getting off the bike enoug hand turing in hard enough nore was I keeping enough weight on the out side I was using all four finger on my front brake which gave me more feeling my best two lap times were 1:41 which I should be able to do every lap in the wet consitantly if I fix my errors I have made I also need to stop looking at the rev gauge and change my rear shock setting.
I have left out some of the misstake I have made about 1/3 that I spotted but I will try and fix them as well, I am going down this friday for a track day at manfeild hopefully its dry and I can fix some of these things I was doing wrong the day after is the shaun harris track day which should help improve my lap times too.

I will put my other race reports in here too when I or if I go back which depends on my money situation...

Racey Rider
18th June 2006, 16:14
Good on ya Texmo. Thanks for coming to see me, sorry I was busy converting bikes at the time. Good to have you there. Even if you ARE beating me already!! :rockon:
Racey

bladez
18th June 2006, 16:48
i will take my hat of to you all for racing takes some gutts to get out there and give it a go :yes: good luck on ya next race meets :rockon:

texmo
18th June 2006, 17:12
Good on ya Texmo. Thanks for coming to see me, sorry I was busy converting bikes at the time. Good to have you there. Even if you ARE beating me already!! :rockon:
Racey
You beat me in every race dude and got better times.

Racey Rider
18th June 2006, 17:25
O,,, Well thats even better to have you there then!
What number were you?

texmo
18th June 2006, 17:34
Number 15 I was on a green/white zxr250 with black shift leathers and a black shoie.

The_Dover
18th June 2006, 17:50
Good shit Texmo.

But you're still a big girls blouse.

Mental Trousers
18th June 2006, 18:20
I also raced the whole day with a full fuel tank which is adding another 12 unwanted kgs to my bike (I am already about 20kgs heavyer than vtec)

Farken hell. You're not a fat bitch either.

Good effort though. Two 5ths is good going for you 1st outting on a new bike in the rain.

R6_kid
18th June 2006, 18:26
like i said to you before man, you've got the attitude, the mindset and the ability to do this, dont get down on your performance in your first ever serious race.

More track time, and general time on the bike will lead to you improving, and if you critique yourself as much as you have in that post, and then go out and work on those things there isn't a doubt in my mind that there are better things to come.

Racey Rider
18th June 2006, 18:46
You beat me in every race dude and got better times.
Not me matey. I came 6th and 9th #41
two 5th's beats that no matter how good my poker face is.

Motoracer
18th June 2006, 20:08
Cheers for taking Mikey's bike down for me Tex.

See you in about half an hour for a beer.

poorbastard
18th June 2006, 20:59
Great report sounds like you enjoyed yourself and already know what to aim for for next time.

sugilite
18th June 2006, 22:50
A bloody good 1st up manfield effort Texmo.
Was cool to meet you. Never met anyone so hard on themselves 1st time out!

You did good, real good! Top attitude to put in such a huge effort just to get there, yet alone the top effort put in through what has to be one of the most challanging race meets weather wise I can remember having had for a while!

Two Smoker
18th June 2006, 22:54
As i said down at Manfield, you were looking really good, smooth and really impressive for your first time down there... dont beat yourself up... And keep at it :niceone:

texmo
19th June 2006, 00:36
After a little chat with my personal trainer (motoracer) tonight I have decided I am not so dissapointed with my last race, I am hard on my self but I REALLY REALLY enjoyed my self out there to. I got some advice from two smoker and motoracer as well as dss3 and frosty so a big thanks to them as every little bit helped. I have just started a race journal as Sudeep though this was a great idea. I have just finnished it and its 2 pages long with a half page picture of manfeild and more notes on this with each corner plus with the lines I was taking and should be taking. I have lots of ways to cut my lap times down by a huge margin in the wet so I hope this weekend is wet so I can pratice my water skills with shaun harris as this is where I need to improve the most. If any body wants to have a look at my notes give us a yell and I will show you them I dont have any quams about that I am happy to help share the things I think will make a person go faster around the track. In my last race with is what I am using to monitor my lap times I did:

me vtec
1:52 1:45
1:47 1:41
1:43 1:41
1:43 1:41
1:41 1:42
1:41 1:40

(I am just using vtec to compare to since he is numero uno.)
So you can see when I got into my grove my lap times, which are what count not placing to me right now were not too bad when I started to get into my grove. I know I can get below 1:39 in the wet with ease. If I can just fix 1/2 the problems I found this friday at the test day then get some advice from what ever pro I get teaching me I am sure I can do this. I just need to do more riding as this is about the 30th time I have ever ridden a motorcycle so yeah...

any who a big thanks to all that helped speically my dad who told me when we got home he would pay for the whole trip allowing me to race in the next round and go down this friday for the test day before the saturday.
Oh and thanks to amex for the t-shirts.

vtec
19th June 2006, 00:50
I'm honoured that you would use me as your yard stick. Cheers

Great to hear your dad is getting behind you. Means that you can race at every opportunity now. I think that was the second race, I'm pretty sure that one was wetter too, cause in the first one I had gotten into the 1:37's, so it must have been dryer.

texmo
19th June 2006, 00:56
Your not my yard stick bro your my hurdle just waiting to be leapt over....
I am good at kill switching on the road lets see if I cant get you on the track, that should add a few seconds to your lap time or a bit of degreaser on your gpr70, my dad was just behind me on that race now im on my own so I will be out there next race but will have to see from there. I think 1:30 is what I am chasing in the dry if its dry next round. I am gonna have a clutch that works too so I will be able to launch well too.

<swanny> I'm studying the unique language context used in Texmo's race report

loosebruce
19th June 2006, 09:34
Mint to see you made it out there bro, make it down for round 3 as well, why not, going fast in the wet isnt something that just happens it does take a lot of time and practice, i reckon you did bloody well, what you really need is a GSXR1000 :yes: i know of one for sale! (funny that).

Swing by for a pizza on me bro, catch you later

texmo
19th June 2006, 17:05
Will you take a zxr250 as part trade then the rest in weekly installments of $75?

loosebruce
19th June 2006, 17:08
I'll see how desparete i get lol

andrea
19th June 2006, 19:50
Wow good on you tex you've done very good aye:yes: keep it up bud maybe one day you'll be racing alongside my favourite rider rossi:niceone: its good to see that you have alot of support here in kb:yes: :rockon:

Sparky Bills
20th June 2006, 09:38
Nice one dude.
You didnt know the track and the conditions were shite, so save the podium finishes for when its dry.

I didnt get to meet ya, maybe next round.

mikey
20th June 2006, 10:12
cheers for the bike cunt

texmo
20th June 2006, 17:39
cheers for the bike cunt
not a problem homo...

yeah see you when I see you sparky

texmo
29th June 2006, 15:59
I have written another report which is long, boring and use full. I pretty much fixed all the things I was doing wrong before only to spot more problems I wrote this report today at work so its not as good as it could have been if the race was still fresh in my memory

turn 1 / coke. I am now braking at the 50 meter mark and turning in hard while on the brakes counter steering and putting weight on the RHS peg to turn in fast, as soon as I have passed/touched the apex of the corner (I am hard on brakes until this point) I start to feed the bike some gas and put my weight on the out side peg (middle on my foot is on the peg) and the LSH knee giving me more stability , this corner is good I just need more practice at it so I can carry more speed through it. I am putting my knee down here just to gauge where the ground is. turn 2 I am drifting out of turn 1 from getting on the power early with all my weight still on the outside peg I am on full throttle through here going up one gear mid corner with my knee skimming the ground again to give me a feel of how far over I am. I counter steer really hard through here as my bike under steers due to a shit rear shock. turn 3 splash I drop 1 gear and brake on that the end of the ripple strip as soon as I touch the brakes I shift my weight to the center of the bike trying to be as smooth as possible to keep the bike stable as I am on the center of the bike I release the brake then counter steer to the left and shift my weight over to the left side of the bike . I am fucking this corner up my lines are good but I am too far to the left I can carry a lot more speed through here I just need to crank the bike over further. I am entering the corner too fast making me go deep and wide I should be on the inside of the white line but in about 1 foot away from it. I should be on the inside of the white line making splash to turn 4 as straight as possible I am able to dip the bike over a lot further I am just touching my knee down but should be able to put it down with ease, after leaving splash and going from splash through turn 4 to the infield hair pin I am not on the gas enough I am accelerating but not hard enough. turn 4 is good but I don't need to get off the bike as much I can just slide my bum across the seat to cut down on wasted time (every .01 of a second counts). After exiting splash I need to go up one gear. now splash is over am onto the infield hair pin I have one huge problem here I have no braking marker I need one to be able to have consistency. other than that I am doing well on this corner I drop one gear and I am entering wide and holding my speed as any lost speed on the 250 is very bad. I am exiting tight with power on early and knee down for added stability. I have two lines to this corner though I also have a tight one for passing/protecing. Hard on the throttle till i am between the 100 and 50 meter mark and dropping 2 gears, this corner is much the same as coke for me just a bit faster, I am doing well on this corner in the damp I was sliding and almost high sided once (very very close) which means I'm pushing the little 250 well. I am exiting quite close to the inside of the track here. hard on the gas until the 100meter mark where I drop one gear just after it and steer towards the NZTS sign without braking then at the last minute I brake and throw the bike into the corner when I feel I'm about to fly off the track. my front keeps sliding here and my bike under steers really badly, I exit really wide on this corner then I'm on the gas until the 50meter mark where I brake hard and drop 2 gears for coke.

Remember: smooth is the key to being fast along with consistency. there are no prizes for falling off and I am out there to have FUN.

Sketchy_Racer
29th June 2006, 16:24
as any lost speed on the 250 is very bad

Try any lost speed on a 150....

that is Baaaaaad

ps- it sounds like you have read twist of the wrist yes??

Two Smoker
29th June 2006, 17:31
Looking forward to watching you at Manfield on the 22nd (Im saving hard...)...

texmo
29th June 2006, 23:33
Try any lost speed on a 150....

that is Baaaaaad

ps- it sounds like you have read twist of the wrist yes??
nah I wanna read it though apparently its good. 150 and 250 not a huge diffrence when your about 55kgs and im 86kgs.

yeah see you there chris, if I can afford it. You know if you want a lift yet or not?

Sketchy_Racer
30th June 2006, 16:17
150 and 250 not a huge diffrence when your about 55kgs and im 86kgs

No.... it is still a big difference.... because once you get to 100kph + you have wind effect. weight doesn't matter so much.... but power does.

Also 150 has about 25bhp wheras the 250s are supposed to be about 40bhp??

texmo
30th June 2006, 16:35
Its a pritty big debate but 1kg is suposed to work out to 1hp in theroy I am told. I am getting to about 160ish and the straights I think dunno what you guys are getting I also have more tourqe. There is a diffrence but by the time you take into account my fat arse and the fact I wont take my bike past 16,000rmp the gaps not so big.

Sketchy_Racer
30th June 2006, 16:59
1kg is suposed to work out to 1hp in theroy I am told

sounds rubbish to me.

lets say - a 30hp bike with a 50 kg rider and a 100kg bike

so thats a rolling 150kg which equates to 5kg per 1 Hp

now a 50hp bike weighing 180kg and a 70kg rider

= 250kg rolling. which equals also 5kg per 1hp.

so the lighter bike will have a better launce, as there is less mass to accelerate, but when wind factors come into it, the heavyer bikes 20 more hp will piss all over the light bike.

and as you only launch once in a race, then the big bike will have the advantage

the fact I wont take my bike past 16,000rmp

wouldn't think they would make any power past that anyways?? i know my cbr flatted out at 15000..... dunno bout the ZXRs though...

texmo
30th June 2006, 21:47
yeap ok... See you at the next meet then.

Sketchy_Racer
30th June 2006, 22:03
yer..

The :bs: stops when the flag drops

Motoracer
30th June 2006, 23:53
Its a pritty big debate but 1kg is suposed to work out to 1hp in theroy I am told. I am getting to about 160ish and the straights I think dunno what you guys are getting I also have more tourqe. There is a diffrence but by the time you take into account my fat arse and the fact I wont take my bike past 16,000rmp the gaps not so big.

You'r not fat! It's just your leathers that make your arse look big.

N4CR
30th June 2006, 23:57

Our 'chunky' 250's are about 35ps on average at the rear wheel. 45ps crank but if they are getting 35~ps when they are averagely tuned i'd say i'ts a little over 45ps crank with a pipe and good tuning...

edit: 160kg wet (measured it myself..) for the C model zxr like texmo's and mine.

vtec
1st July 2006, 00:42
No.... it is still a big difference.... because once you get to 100kph + you have wind effect. weight doesn't matter so much.... but power does.

Well, Neil was telling me that his RG150 has a dyno'd at the wheel figure of 32RWHP (Rear wheel Horsepower). Now, I'm pretty sure that a standard 250 4 stroke from the early 90's has close to 45HP at the Crank, but as N4CR says, they've got about 36hp at the wheels. And since we are all running in StreetStock I'm pretty sure that we have stock bikes. I'll take my tank off and show you my standard intake and everything. Standard pipe etc. I'd like to dynotest my CBR250 to see what it's got at the wheels, but I'm just not willing to pay any money for something I don't need to do.

Also I think my CBR is about 153kg dry, and the RG's are about 128 wet (I think). but I only weigh about 67kg, so the weight differences between me and Neil on the bikes isn't very much, seeing as he's about 90kg. So the horsepower difference is much more noticeable. Still I'd rather be on a 4stroke any day.

These figures also don't take into account the shape and usability of the power curve. The powercurve on the 4stroke is much smoother, and it's pretty fucken good as long as you keep it between 12,000 and 18,000rpm. So I'd say it's easier to ride, and has better power output for longer periods than the two stroke. A really top notch rider with correct gearing can probably keep an RG in a good rev range most of the time, and negate much of the smooth curve advantage that the 4strokes have.

Another point, although the 4strokes have the power/speed advantage, I do believe that the RG's are better behaved in the wet. In the dry, I'm untouchable, but in the wet I really have to work my arse off to beat big Neil on his RG150. I think the thinner tyres give a more sure footed feel than wider tyres in the wet, and are much less likely to aquaplane. Some people say lowering tyre pressure is good for cold conditions to get tyre temperature up, (which is what I did at the last race meeting, and was sliding everywhere), but I've also heard that high pressure is good, cause it gives you a smaller contact patch with more pressure in the smaller patch, meaning less likely to aquaplane, or a more sure footed feel in the wet. Depends how wet though. If it's just damp, I think the 4stroke gets it's advantage back, but if it's puddle wet, the 2strokers can really make better headway.

I realise this is Texmo's race report thread, but I think this is topical, because a few of us have had a fair bit of discussion about it, and my opinion is not necessarily shared by ANYONE else. But I've put a lot of thought into it, and have come to the conclusion that I like riding my 4stroke.

Can't wait to see your progress at the next round Texmo. And RG? If you're that bothered, then bring your CBR250R along, show us your magic on that.

k14
1st July 2006, 01:05
Some people say lowering tyre pressure is good for cold conditions to get tyre temperature up, (which is what I did at the last race meeting, and was sliding everywhere), but I've also heard that high pressure is good, cause it gives you a smaller contact patch with more pressure in the smaller patch, meaning less likely to aquaplane, or a more sure footed feel in the wet.
From what I've been told you run a few psi higher in the wet to help open up the grooves a bit more and get a better contact patch. Seems to make sense too. In the wet most of the time you've got 2/3rds of fuckall heat in the tyres anyway so they are having to work at fairly close to ambient temperatures anyway.

Sketchy_Racer
1st July 2006, 09:25
And RG? If you're that bothered, then bring your CBR250R along, show us your magic on that.

would love to, but it is non existent....

still havnt changed the bike list....

your right in saying the four stroke has the advantage....

having ridden the CBR 250 mc22 and mc19 and the RG 150 and a good ZXR250...

I would have the mc22 any day of the week.

they are head and shoulders over the 150....

I think you should ride a 150 before you assume it has a bigger wet weather advantage.

i think the RG150s suck compared to the mc22s . the RGs flex like hell and have a rear shock that is about as good as a pogo stick.... well not that bad... but they are not good either.....

one day ill borrow my mates mc22 to race..... would be interesting to see where i come on it.

RG's are about 128 wet

I stand corrected.

vtec
1st July 2006, 10:20
How much do they weigh RG?

Sketchy_Racer
1st July 2006, 10:37
err sorry...

i just went and weighed my KRR150.... thats 126.5 kg. dry.

so yeah the RGs prob arn't to far off that....

vtec
1st July 2006, 10:40
Cool thanks for checking RG.
Have you got no fluids in your KR at the moment?

Sketchy_Racer
1st July 2006, 12:12
nope.... well i do now... but no before..

just did a gear box oil change- so there was none and no 2stroke oil or petrol in there either (its always on empty)

but i didn't have the radiator water or brake fluid etc out

vtec
1st July 2006, 13:05
Yeah that's close enough to dry for me, there would only be a couple of kilo of water in the radiator, and brake fluid would be negligible... so there's about a 30kilo difference between the 4 strokes and 2 strokes. And on some of the tuned 2 strokes, the power is quite close. But on others, they're probably a bit down on Neil's 32rwhp. So I think approx 5-8rwhp difference between the 2strokes and 4 strokes.

Racey Rider
1st July 2006, 17:55
So did you ask Neil what he did to get 32rwhp? cause he certainly didn't have that last year! :wait:

Sketchy_Racer
1st July 2006, 18:12
yeah if he has 32bhp...

Im gonna be pissed

Racey Rider
1st July 2006, 20:20
... my rg has had time and money spent on her mojo, but i think that its my wieght that holdin me back, i 87kg anyone else in the class even over 80??

.... my rg has 26.1 hp at the wheel had it dynoed, had it re-jetted too it also has had a full top end rebuild. though it was more for makin her richer meaning it hopefully will last the season.
I have to say the bike is still kinda gettin run in. and is feeling better

So here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=226958&postcount=64) on May the 1st 05 Neils saying his bike has 26.1 rwhp, after a topend rebuild....
But this year, he's told Vtec it has 32rwhp......

NEIL ,,,,,,, Care to comment??? :sherlock:

texmo
2nd July 2006, 04:17
Man this shit slinging contest is great but can you fuck off to another thread or can an admin please move this shit. This thread is for me to write up about my races for people to get advice. Rg100 I have about 10 weeks experiance on a motorcycle and have had my zxr for about a month. I had a huge stack and lost a lot of my confidence. It was my first time on the track since then I have done one track day and the shaun harris thing but my bike broke down so I did get to ride that day. If you are so good like you talk it up you shouldnt have any problems beating me otherwise you are slow and should give up now.

The 4 strokes have an advantage on manfeild because they have a higher top speed as well as puke. Taupo is much of a muchness. But at the end of the day vtec was beating everyone in the dry by 18seconds and I dont care what you ride he was the best rider on the day by a long shot.

now please fuck off and get your own thread, this is for construction not shit slinging.

Racey Rider
2nd July 2006, 08:16
No shit slinging.... just asking the Question....:whistle:

Nobody makes it Clear 'Exactly' what we're allowed to do in streetstocks. So I guess we have to 'self govern' by occasionally 'asking the question' of each other.
As I am friendly with Neil, and I raced against his bike last year and know what it was like. So perhapes that puts me in a good poistion to ask, 'Why so fast this year'? I thought it was because you had done a lot of racing in the last year, so are more 'battle hardend' than some. But if your bike is suddenly more powerful, then why? Because I'ld like to do that Too!! :yes:
Would be nice to keep a level playing field.
(I'm still on your Christmas card list aye Neil?!) :shutup:

I will ask a mod to move these posts to the other (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=10574) thread. Where shall we cut it? from post 29?

Ride on Texmo, Ride on! :niceone:

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 10:39
If you are so good like you talk it up you shouldnt have any problems beating me otherwise you are slow and should give up now.

well you tell me where the fuck did i say that? Im not saying that i am better.

My point is that the 250 have a huge advantage. I have ridding all of them. I know what is the better bike.

If you try to say that a 150 is better or even equal - well you need the pull the carrot out of your arse and have a better look.

I have had on off experience on a 1986 K100 bucket for a season and a road bike for 3 months. So dont give me the big cry about not riding etc.... cause were both in the same boat. As for your crash. Well your not alone there either. Except my crash was caused by someone being on the wrong side of the road. i came around a blind corner and into the arse of a car at 50kph.
Yeah my bike would have been a write off to if i had insurance. Lets not mention my fucked knee from the experience. Which i still had to race with.

Oh and seen as you have started the "my bikes not good, cause..."
well the bike im riding is down on power so bad compared to the other bikes. It has 50,000kms on its piston.

And lets talk about the race day. the one you were at. I get there to find out that I have no key for the bike. And no fuel in the tank. took fucking ages to smash the locks on the bike. so long that I though i was late for the practice - turns out i eneded up in the scrub in session. Then it was pointed out that the ball of my clutch lever was snapped off and i wasnt going to be able to race. so no qualifying for me. that puts me last on the grid for both races. Hmm what a great day...

Oh then lets talk about the miss firing engine... there goes half of my paethetic power.......

Now you say you have done two track days.... hmmm that means you have three on track experiences..... whereas i only have two, which were both races.

I didn't want to bring vtec into this but seen as you have - Vtec can ride very very well. I will not disclaim him. But in my first ever race at manfeild i got second behind him.... yep it was 17 seconds. But try this. On the first lap i was behind him right behind him... was going to pass him on the inside.. oh wait.... theres no point cause he will pass me down the straight.... ah well live with second... pretty good for my first race.....

Oh and you wanna know who taught me to ride...... myself. none of the help from motoracer (although good on him ) and two smoker nor shaun harris....

Just me

Stop going on about all your problems and why its hard for you when you have no idea what other situatations other people are in.

Passing people down a straight takes no more skill than opening a throttle. remeber that

I have about 10 weeks experiance on a motorcycle

Ok but how much on a scooter? you know the vespas and shit you used to go on about??

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 10:42
Would be nice to keep a level playing field.

yep which is why i think that the 250s should be banned or at least handicapped

texmo
2nd July 2006, 19:09
OK... thanks for that I was trolling but wasnt expecting to get such a bite.

Where do I start?
First off I never said the rg150 was as good, read what a wrote again.
As for having help. I havent had any from two smoker I meet him for the first time properly at the race meeting and the shaun harris track day didnt go to plan as it was my turn for some feedback my bike broke down. Sudeep has helped me get into racing he helped me set my bike up for the track and gave me some advice we never rode together so he only infromed me of theroys which are widely available liek in the book you read, twist of the wrist or what ever it is.
I have an idea how about in the pratice/qualilfying we wait for everybody to get 1/2 a lap or more ahead then you go and I will follow then I will pass you on a corner either on the inside or outside or maby exiting by getting on the throtle ealyer than you. hows that sound to you?

oh and for fucked knee yeah I got surgey coming up when im older as im not fully growen so cant have it now. Ever slid down the motorway at 140 on you knee while wearing jeans it does that trick.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 19:40
Yeah ok....

Bit silly of you wearing jeans doing 140kph...... you got what you asked for.

I know you said that you did not say that the RGs were as good. You were saying the ZXR is only 'as' good.

see you at qualifying... Ill wait

texmo
2nd July 2006, 19:54
ok wheelie king see you there aye?

R6_kid
2nd July 2006, 20:02
sounds like a trip down to the next SS race is on the table...

I'll start a book now, I'm putting $10 on tex.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 20:07
Yer ill definatly be there..

lets hope for some dry weather eh??

N4CR
2nd July 2006, 21:04
I'm putting $10 on tex.

Me too.

ZXR RIDERZ OV KREIG! MUAHAHAHA

Bert
4th July 2006, 18:30
Sorry tex, hopefully the MODs will move these soon. I though I'd have my 2 cents.

yep which is why i think that the 250s should be banned or at least handicapped

Thats abit rough man, most of the 250 fours are handicapped anyway, (the riders. most of us are out there having fun).
There is only one leading the group and then there is about 6-10 two's.
So if we take Vtec out the equation then the rest of us 250's have alot of ground to catch up.....

Tex vs RG. good to see the both of you showing some passion and both enjoying getting into racing.

Auckland vs Wellington, isn't it always the case.

o'well me and my 250 bus will happy follow everyone else around, I'll still be having fun, get the hint:innocent: .
catch ya all at the next meeting.

Anyway I'll finish this of in the other thread.

Racey Rider
4th July 2006, 18:50
Sorry tex, hopefully the MODs will move these soon. I though
I have asked that this RG bit be moved,,, just waiting...

Thats abit rough man, most of the 250 fours are handicapped anyway, (the riders. most of us are out there having fun).
There is only one leading the group and then there is about 6-10 two's.

I'm happy for the 250's to be there. All the more to race against. But it is a bit demoraling when they pull away from us 2/s down the straights. :bye:

So if we take Vtec out the equation...

So we agree then!
Next race,,,, sombody takes Vtec out!! :blip:

Sketchy_Racer
4th July 2006, 22:08
Thats abit rough man

yeah i know...

Im just afraid that Tex will kick my arse....

texmo
5th July 2006, 13:01
I will pull out my speedo cable apparently it limits your revs to 12,000. Zxr produces max HP at 14-16. Just for the first laps of our little battle ok rg?

Sketchy_Racer
5th July 2006, 13:06
na leave it in. If i have to race against 250s i want to race against them at max power

Racey Rider
5th July 2006, 14:56
I'm hoping my bike will be fast enough this time to not get left behind.
Then I can watch this little battle unfold in front of me.

With any luck you'll knock each other off in the last corner....
More points for Me!! :blip:

:rockon:

Go the 2/ :first:
or the Kawasaki .

Ether way,, I'm backing a winner! :doobey:

texmo
23rd July 2006, 10:48
I came I saw I conqured I highsided.

chanceyy
23rd July 2006, 10:56
I came I saw I conqured I highsided.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bugger .. no to much damage I hope :rockon:

texmo
23rd July 2006, 11:26
Nah its all good.
I won all three races, and managed to place just back from mid feild in f3. After the last race I though I would go out and push it since I wasnt going to hard today (to finnish first, first you must finnish) and I managed to highside my bike on the sweaper coming on to the front straight. Dunno how fast I was going over 100 easy. My bike is fixable though, thanks to the help of bert who is getting my rearset fixed and a new clipon as well as my sensei motoracer who is gonna let me use his garrage to fix up my bike.

Firefight
23rd July 2006, 11:55
Nah its all good.
I won all three races,...........

:first: :first: :first:
fuckin awesome effort young racer, your teacher will be proud.

F/F

texmo
23rd July 2006, 12:08
:first: :first: :first:
fuckin awesome effort young racer, your teacher will be proud.

F/F
HAHA yeah, thanks dude. well im not sure since my bike will no doubt be at his house taking up valuable space for the next few weeks...

R6_kid
23rd July 2006, 18:34
good shit bruv, guess someone owes me a tenner now!

MattRSK
23rd July 2006, 18:54
Hey Texmo, sorry I didnt get to catch up with you out there. I was to busy been Ivans fan club. Sorry to hear about your highside. You are an inspiration to all of us future streetstock riders. So well done and good luck for future rounds. Might see me out there for some of them :yes: .

vtec
23rd July 2006, 18:59
Yep, you really let me know that I'd been having it far too easily in the class. I gained a lot from racing with you, and despite being second best to you, I really did gain a lot more from having you there, than just cruising around for another easy win. Seriously, I hadn't done any knee sliding there at all before I saw you take off dragging yourself and the bike around the corners. I had to majorly adjust what I was doing to just stick with you.

I've still got one thing though... fastest lap time :nya: That was in that second race when I locked up the rear and ran really wide where you passed me, and then on the last lap you were about 2 or 3 seconds ahead, so I put it on the line, and copied your peg grinding and knee sliding style, and and got to within about a second of you for a 2:18.002 Still tonnes of room for improvement. I think after riding with you, I'll be able to put down some mean times on the shorter course, just might not have the motivation to do so without you out there, but I'll definitely be well down into the 1:20's maybe not 1:24's but we'll see if I can get a 1:26.

Glad to see that you're in a talking mood again. I wanted to know what the hell happened, but after not getting much response from you, I decided you just needed some time. So many people went down in that race, I saw about 4 people at various times who were not far ahead of me going down, including my mate Paul Buckley. I added up on the results sheet about 9 including 6 or seven from the first start and 2 or 3 from the second start. Although some of those 9 may have not even started, But I think at least 7 people crashed out. Sux. But is part of what keeps it exciting.

MOTOXXX
23rd July 2006, 19:37
Well done texmo.

you were flying out there dude.

Bummer about the off in f3.

Hope you fix it up and get back in for next round.

MOTOXXX
23rd July 2006, 19:40
So here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=226958&postcount=64) on May the 1st 05 Neils saying his bike has 26.1 rwhp, after a topend rebuild....
But this year, he's told Vtec it has 32rwhp......

NEIL ,,,,,,, Care to comment??? :sherlock:

it sure does. Mine makes the same.

makes a difference when you pay the money and get it tuened properly.
its pricy but we have found a way to tune them and still keeping them legal.

texmo
23rd July 2006, 19:49
Thanks motoxxx

I doubt a 1:26 is achiveable for me next round if I make it, I will have a gpr70 for next round which should make me faster as I keept going off the edge of the gpr100. I am still thinking about and have to anaylze how I crashed and highsided.
I am gonna stop putting my knee on the ground and I have a few other things that I need to do to drop my times. But im gonna stop writing up such big reports as I dont wanna give away too much, since you said you already learnt lots from following me.

Racey Rider
23rd July 2006, 19:53
Thanks Motoxxx. Thats all we needed to hear. :yes:
I thought your bike and mine had the same power down the straights Motoxxx. Only occasionally would I get a better drive out of the hairpin and be able to gain on you.
That 150 #21 had a lot of Go though.

Sketchy_Racer
23rd July 2006, 19:57
Yeah i noticed your bike is running quite well now Racy.

In the practice i was behind you for a while and you could pull away from me just.

Good to see that your bike is being reliable for once eh !!

Racey Rider
23rd July 2006, 20:02
Yes I finally got my jetting sorted out. That and the praictice day before hand had me thinking there was a chance of being fast enough to watch the show up front,,,,
but NO. :bye:

And Tex,,,,,, I Guess you must have done alright.
Comin in First n all.
THREE TIMES!!! :first: :first: :first: Well Done.

MOTOXXX
24th July 2006, 08:47
i had issues with the bike on sat and found it wouldnt go past 11.5k

on the last f3 race i changed the plug to a new one and she came right.
managed to chop my lap times down by two seconds because of it.

kiwifruit
24th July 2006, 12:25
Great reading Texmo, its making me keener and keener to get out there
will be interesting to see how i go on a 150 being 90kg! :O

texmo
24th July 2006, 12:36
Great reading Texmo, its making me keener and keener to get out there
will be interesting to see how i go on a 150 being 90kg! :O
Yeah the weight if definitly an issuse, not an excusee but an inssue.
I could see vtec pulling away from me on the straights and even when I got good starts you can see the diffrence. In saying that theroticly my bike should have better grip since im 20kgs heavier at 85kgs

Two Smoker
24th July 2006, 18:59
Wicked stuff Aaron... How are you putting your knee down??? Are you forcing it? or just letting it feather touch???

Huge congrats on the first's :niceone:

texmo
24th July 2006, 19:13
Wicked stuff Aaron... How are you putting your knee down??? Are you forcing it? or just letting it feather touch???

Huge congrats on the first's :niceone:
Yeah was forcing it down sometimes to bring my bike up when the peg was scraping so that was every second corner. But other than that I try just to let it skim.

Motoracer
24th July 2006, 19:23
Well young racer... I have pretty much told you everything I had to say to you in person yesterday. Including the last thing I said to you before I left. Which was the fact that I am proud of you. I am proud of the fact that you gave it your absolute best and your absolute best was better than the compition. I am proud because I'm your mate and I'm happy for you.

See you soon bud.

P.S. I'll buy you a couple of rounds of beer. A) Cause I owe you from last time. B) For a job well done. :first:

bugjuice
24th July 2006, 20:11
top man :eek:

Bert
26th July 2006, 18:30
Hi Tex.
clipons are on the way up to me now. rearset should be all welded by friday. but i would be able to pick it up until monday. PM me your address and I'll post them all up early next week. I hope all is going well.

Cheers
Bert

texmo
27th July 2006, 01:00
Hi Tex.
clipons are on the way up to me now. rearset should be all welded by friday. but i would be able to pick it up until monday. PM me your address and I'll post them all up early next week. I hope all is going well.

Cheers
Bert
Sweet thanks dude. To be honnest I havent had time to do anything yet. I have found a plastic welder just got to some how get my stuff there. And the tank is in getting repaired and im gonna buy a tank and magneto cover off GP motorcycles. All thats left is to find out why bike wont start which should be simple (I havent tryed since manfeild) and to give the front sub frame the heat and bend.

thanks again mate.

texmo
2nd August 2006, 11:51
racing photos.

Korea
2nd August 2006, 12:03
You're getting some serious angles of lean on in that second pic~!
Almost looks like you've low-sided it. :rockon:

HDTboy
2nd August 2006, 12:38
You should've seen him from behind K, that looked impressive

vtec
2nd August 2006, 13:30
Yeah he was freaking me out a little, cause he looked like he was sitting on the ground in front of me.

Where did you get those pics, they are pretty sweet man, just wondering if there's any of me.

Two Smoker
2nd August 2006, 19:09
racing photos.

reminds me of this... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16486&d=1127624027

Wicked photos mate, and very impressive riding...

Big Chim
2nd August 2006, 21:38
Bro that looks like the business right there. hope everything comes together for you to get the bike back in order

sugilite
10th August 2006, 02:26
Yeah the weight if definitly an issuse, not an excusee but an inssue.
I could see vtec pulling away from me on the straights and even when I got good starts you can see the diffrence. In saying that theroticly my bike should have better grip since im 20kgs heavier at 85kgs

Heyya Texmo, I just saw the pic on you on the vic site and dropped by this thread to see if you had seen them yet, I see you have...very cool pics indeed.
I just stumbled on this post of yours I have quoted here and my thinking on this subject is a little different to yours...
K, imagine being stationary, leaning your bike over and pushing against it, now weight = force, so will more or less force start pushing the tyres sideways?

It is why I do not do so well on the 9 in the wet against the lighter modern bikes, the extra weight of my bike forces the tyres to slide sooner when leant over.
Maybe if the force was running vertically downwards as in braking it could get more grip being heavier, but cornering exerts sideways force, so therefore to my mind the extra force pushes the tyres sideways sooner...whadda ya reckon?

HDTboy
10th August 2006, 08:06
I agree with you on that point Sugilite, but from where I stood Aarons biggest problem was power to weight ratio. Vtec was visibly pulling away from him on straights