PDA

View Full Version : Team SsanYong Aircom Suzuki LCR

flipper69
18th June 2006, 19:12
Just a quick update of the Australian Sidecar Road Race Championships.

After 3 rounds of the Championships Team SsangYong are currently sitting
1st ( Adam Treasure & Lionel Cornwell ) and 3rd ( Stacey Sellar & Darren Abbrahams ) in the chase for the title with ex Sidecar Gp star Shane Soutar in 2nd position.
My regular passenger, Kerry McLeod had to call it quits due to financial problems so I now have who i think is the best passenger in NZ joining me on the side, Darren Abbrahams aka Booty.
Booty got the call up for the 2nd round in Perth with around two weeks notice.From the time he left Gisborne Airport to the time I picked him up at Perth Airport he had been travelling for around 22 hours - huge effort.

2nd Round of Australian championships - Perth

Team SsangYong had the perfect result finishing 1, 2 overall with Adam finishing in 1st position and myself and Booty finishing 2nd:second: outright.Shane Soutar 3rd.

3rd Round of Australian Championship - South Australia

Team SsangYong 2nd & 3rd overall with myself and Booty finishing 2nd:second: and Adam finishing 3rd.
Shane Soutar took out the round win.
For myself it was a fantastic weekend with myself and Booty winning the last race:first: which was my first race win in the Australian National Championships.
Bring on the 4th round.
Booty has allready committed to the team that he will travel back over the ditch to win the last 2 round with me which should be enough for us to be the Aussie National Champions - who would of thought a Aussie and a Kiwi getting on so well:blip: .

Australian National Sidecar Points after 3 Rounds

F1
Adam Treasure 188
Shane Soutar 186
Stacey Sellar 170

F2
Warwick levy 195
Chris and Ritchie Lawrence (NZ) 176

You can find all the race reports and live race calls at
www.formula-xtreme.com.au

All the best
Stacey Sellar
Team SsangYong Aircom Suzuki LCR

Joni
18th June 2006, 19:21
Stace it sound like things are really on the up for you... Well done on the results so far!

I look forward to seeing you on the NZ tracks again, hopefully not showing as comprehensively how its done tho :bleh:

Kickaha
21st June 2006, 19:40
Good to see you getting some good results,I've been checking Aussie sites to see how you and the Lawrences were getting on

After seeing how quick you were here the guys were quite shocked to find out there were people even faster over there :lol:

White trash
21st June 2006, 19:45
Thanks for the update Stacey. So are you guys racing the same outfit you brought over here this season gone? And you're not winning?

Fuck me it's a competitive game over the ditch......

Hitcher
21st June 2006, 19:55
Why does the manufacturer of the most butt-ugly and stupidly named motor vehicles in Christendom sponsor motorcycle racing? The fact that they sell any demonstrates that there are people out there with more money than taste, or rather people whose employers have more money than taste.

sAsLEX
21st June 2006, 20:00
Why does the manufacturer of the most butt-ugly and stupidly named motor vehicles in Christendom sponsor motorcycle racing? The fact that they sell any demonstrates that there are people out there with more money than taste, or rather people whose employers have more money than taste.

umm who cares? we need money they give

Kickaha
21st June 2006, 20:05
Fuck me it's a competitive game over the ditch......

Yeah, interesting thing is though the numbers racing in that class aren't any better than over here

DemonWolf
21st June 2006, 20:08
Sounds like ya having a great time Stacey.. keep up the good work.. great writeup. keep 'em coming =)

flipper69
25th June 2006, 23:46
You would have to have two dicks.

Thanks for the rap on one of NZ's and Australian's major motorcycling racing sponsors.
And you ride what?
Be sure to come up and say hello to our butt ugly team at the cemetry circuit this year I am sure we would like to meet you.
Stacey Sellar
Team SsangYong Suzuki LCR.

nadroj
26th June 2006, 06:00
May I suggest you do a little research on Russell Burling and why he puts so much into motorcycling in New Zealand. Have you not attended Wanganui Battle of the Streets?
A little like some other makes, they are an up and comer in the transport game. Most makes started off with styling challenges and look at the likes of URABUS now.