PDA

View Full Version : Good shops bad shops

aiki
19th June 2006, 18:58
For anyone looking for something hard or too expensive to get here in NZ you could try http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/StoreCatalogDisplay/c-10101/s-10101 I just bought some mirrors for my cruiser and they were great at getting them to me in 5 days and had a good postage rate. If you see something you want, email them at international@jcwhitney.com and give them the item number for a quote. Great service. :first:
As for good and bad bike shops for a good deal ask for Kerry at Sawyers in WGTN he looks after us well:yes: and Suzuki in Wanganui:yes: were great at getting me a part at the real price without all the BS you get from some of the other stores.

Hitcher
19th June 2006, 19:07
It's good to see positive feedback given for good service.

But as soon as this thread looks like becoming another moan session about certain bike shops, there are no prizes for guessing where it may get relegated.

aiki
19th June 2006, 19:15
Hey Hitcher how do i change the writing under my user name, it says 'L-Plate Rider" for some reason.

Joni
19th June 2006, 19:17
Aiki, You cant:-

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747

aiki
19th June 2006, 19:25
This time for tourers, if head north from New Plymouth about 50 miles on the road to Hamilton there is a cafe on the left in the little town [and I mean little} just over and up from the river bridge. This has got to be a best cafe in NZ, fresh Whitebait fritters etc etc, unbloodybelievable place, my eyes stood out on storks {stalks} when i looked at the laden counters covered with fresh temptations. Sorry but if ride a scooter you will never get there nor deserve it either :nya:

Hitcher
19th June 2006, 19:29
That would be a place called Mokau. There are a couple of great places of purveyance there for whitebait. When I get a rideable bike...

Madness
19th June 2006, 19:32
With reference to changing ones user title, How does one know when they joined? I cannot see this in CP.

Not that I want to be Rossi Gal's Idol, heaven forbid.

Hitcher
19th June 2006, 19:41
With reference to changing ones user title, How does one know when they joined? I cannot see this in CP.
You joined on 13 March 2006. It's in your profile and in your MembersList listing. I know a good optometrist who may be able to help with the eyesight, but possibly not with the powers of observation...

MSTRS
19th June 2006, 19:45
This time for tourers, if head north from New Plymouth about 50 miles on the road to Hamilton .... my eyes stood out on storks .....
Indeed this is Mokau (charming place)
....and I hope they were storks of the homing variety:blip:

Just click on your/their avatar - join date is on the profile page

Madness
19th June 2006, 19:45
Aaaah, thanks Hitcher. I was looking at edit user profile, via UserCP,:Oops:

Not long to wait then, Hmmmmmmmm :blip:

Hitcher
19th June 2006, 20:16
Not long to wait then, Hmmmmmmmm
For whom, Godot?

Madness
19th June 2006, 20:36
For whom, Godot?

Hmmpfhhh,... I gave up on waiting for that prick a long time ago.... I think He's coming on a Honda.

Hitcher
19th June 2006, 22:36
I think He's coming on a Honda.
To judge the quick, and the dead...

Lou Girardin
20th June 2006, 08:21
Well I think Colemans are the best, but so are Mt Eden, and Haldanes is beyond compare. Henderson M/cycles are superb, easily equal to Motohaus.
And AMPS is at least as good as the best of them.

Swoop
20th June 2006, 11:35
And AMPS is at least as good as the best of them.
You're too modest lou...:blip: