PDA

View Full Version : Sparky's race report, Winter series rnd 2

Sparky Bills
19th June 2006, 22:07
As you are all aware, it was cold, wet and we even had hail!
The weekend started off pretty bad, as while i was getting all my shite together Friday night, I couldnt find my MNZ Licence! OH SHIT! Was nowhere to be seen. What the hell do i do now!?
I buy a day licence, thats what i do:nya:

Then when i get to the track, i find that i have been a complete munter and left my keys to my tool box and fuel tank at home!:bye: Im a bloody mess i think to myself! What the hell am i on??

The bike still had a bit of fuel in, so got hold of my Mate who was coming up and got him to grab them and bring them with him.
I managed to get F2 qualifying out of the way, with the fuel i already had in the bike.
It was pretty slippery, But could have been far worse if not for my wets. So there i was, going round and round. I felt pretty good. No major moments, just getting in tune with the bike. Just as i was getting into it, the flag came out and it was all over. DAMN!! Ended up qualifying 19th. I wasnt expecting too high up but well hey... Ya would always like to do better aye.

I had entered in the Superbike class too, but with the kind of weather we had, wasnt too concerned about going out too much.
Was good to get another session in before the races though.
Qualified 26th in Superbikes, which still wasnt last so i was still happy.
By this time, my flat had arrived with my keys, so i could fill the bike up much needed fuel. A big weight off my shoulders.

F2 Race 1.
Lining up at the dummy grid, i wondered why my steering felt soo loose... I look down and see the bolt on my steering damper had come out during qualifying! MMM BUGGER! Oh well... cant do anything about it now. So out i go.
It all started pretty good. I consider myself to be pretty good at my starts. It felt nice and smooth and i didnt get swamped by too many people. The spray from the tyres was pretty bad, i could hardly see anything. But just kept going the same way everyone else was going, so knew i must be doing something right.
Must have been one of my most boring races! The people ahead of me, were just far enough away for me not to catch up, and behind me were too far back to push me. So there i was.. all alone for the whole 15laps! Oh well... Qualified 19th, came 16th. Still happy.

F2 Race 2.
Much the same as the first race. Had another good start (well felt like it anyway). The bike felt pretty good, I had replaced the bolt for my steering damper now, so the front felt lots smoother and stable.
After hitting a few painted lines down the start finish straight, i found a line which wasnt too bad, so stuck to it.
Then in the corner of my eye, i see some bloody gixer come up my left side... Whos this smart ass passing me!? Oh its Nicko! What the hell i he doing back here i wonder?? No matter. I try to follow him for a bit, but he pulls away little by little each lap. Was still good to have someone to ride with though this race. Still didnt have anyone giving me the hurry up though, so maybe next round it may be a different story.
Once again qualifyed 19th, came 16th again. Not too bad i thought. I was happy.

Didnt go out in any of the Superbike races. Was happy with what i had done, and that i had stayed upright! The bike is feeling better every time i ride it, so am only getting better. Am looking forward to the next round and most of all, some dry weather!
See you all at the next round!
Martin Billing #55 CBR600RR

vtec
20th June 2006, 00:06
Good fun aye. I'll have to come over and check out your flash bike at the next round. Good read.

skelstar
20th June 2006, 09:19
Good on ya for getting out there Martin. Was going to come up and watch but chickened out and stayed in bed instead. Soft cock.

Whens next round mate?

Two Smoker
20th June 2006, 10:59
Steering damper bolt fell out... what kina shitty excuse is that??? hehehe

Good stuff martin :niceone:

Sparky Bills
20th June 2006, 21:18
Steering damper bolt fell out... what kina shitty excuse is that??? hehehe

Ah Go roll round in the mud!:blah:

gpercivl
22nd June 2006, 22:52
Way to go Martin!

Uncle B
22nd June 2006, 23:16
Good on you Martin.
Enjoyed watching you race.......

........on a pink bike. :nya:

Bartman10
22nd June 2006, 23:35
Good stuff Sparky, and good luck for the next round.

Sparky Bills
23rd June 2006, 13:01
Good on you Martin.
Enjoyed watching you race.......

........on a pink bike. :nya:

Thanx guys.

AND IT WAS ORANGE!!!

Not for long though:innocent: