PDA

View Full Version : zzr 400 power problem

alexmat
24th May 2004, 22:28
Hey everyone, i really need some help with my Kawasaki ZZR 400, I was driving around when suddenly i lost power in acceleration. Now the bike revs to about 10,000 rpm in first 8 in second 7 in third and then it's stuck on 6 - 7 for every other gear, i also need to let off the accelerator a bit, or else it lags. The top speed is 100 kph! I changed the spark plugs and oil, cleaned the air filter, still nothing, any ideas?

pete376403
24th May 2004, 23:12
Are you getting a good flow of gas to the carbs? Pull the line off the fuel tap as see if a steady stream is coming out (maybe a blocked filter in the tap, if they have one)

badmon
24th March 2008, 14:22
Hey everyone, i really need some help with my Kawasaki ZZR 400, I was driving around when suddenly i lost power in acceleration. Now the bike revs to about 10,000 rpm in first 8 in second 7 in third and then it's stuck on 6 - 7 for every other gear, i also need to let off the accelerator a bit, or else it lags. The top speed is 100 kph! I changed the spark plugs and oil, cleaned the air filter, still nothing, any ideas?

Talk about revival of an old message, but I am having the same problem with the same bike. I just opened up the air filter box and it was unusually oily...I washed it out and dried it...put it all back in again and started the bike, not much change, although the bike started to blow black smoke when revved to about 10K rpm...could it be a bad batch of fuel somewhere?