PDA

View Full Version : Emergency braking practice locations

Filterer
23rd June 2006, 12:25
Well now that uni is on holiday and the weather is reaaly crap I want do what any biker wants to do and go for a bike.

Im looking to practise some 100km/h emergency stops and prefereably not on a urban road so i don't kill any little girlies or get stung by the coppas but equally id prefer not to get arse raped by a 4x4 when they come across me stopped on a 100km/h rd.

Anyone know any carparks or similar that would have enough room for the GN to get 100 and 0 again in the wet, yeah i know maybe a carparks not quite big enough for the GN :scooter:

Oh btw i live in auckland out east (just a bit past remuera yea i know way out west) but an excuse to go a bit further wouldnt be half bad either :doobey:

Thanks to anyone who can give me some locations

Cheers

Wasp
23rd June 2006, 13:12
well i usually practice my emergency braking at the top of my hill (facing downwards)

sAsLEX
23rd June 2006, 13:21
snip

Just go to an Industrial area after working hours, put out some cones/markers and away you go, fuzz shouldnt have too much of an issue if you aint doing burnouts etc just dont do the 100k thing whilst they are about.

mops
28th June 2006, 14:41
the best carpark around auckland i know about is opposite western springs zoo enterance. right by museum. I think it's schools carpark or something like that.

flat, reasonably remote, fresh nice and even seal, no kurbs/etc - it's one big flat piece (perfect for learning to drift your cage :) )

it's maybe not the biggest i know of but it is definitely THE biggest, flat, reasonably level wihout any obstacles carpark i know of.

getting GN to 100km/h might be a bit tight there tho... i dunno... never ridded GN....

it's like next ot my house, if anybody wants to go and check it out I'm keen to come along for a burnout :)

it's usually full durning the day but usually empty aftrt 7, 8 pm.

EDIT: right off that carpark there is big long straight and on the other side there is a very long and steep hill :)
EDIT2: I think it's by Western Springs College and Pasadena Intermidiate.