PDA

View Full Version : Honda Electrics mutter

sAsLEX
23rd June 2006, 21:44
Low beams stopped working and its been a month or so since the wof expired so I thought I would go get one tomorrow so that involved fixing the damn lights!

Now thought it would be a little while so started after work at around 4, then it got dark so out with the old battery and an old light bulb and rigged a working lamp as it was only going to take a little while......

Turns out that there is lots of little fiddly things and springs once you take the switchgear into its smallest components which are awfully hard to find in the dark, especially when they fall down the gaps in the wood your working on!

So turns out its the high beam pushy inny button thing thats poked, after taking the fiddly little beam selector switch apart! And that it was a spring that had gunked up! Quick clean and .......... four hours later it is back together!

Ixion
23rd June 2006, 21:53
Oh mate I feel for u. Those bloody little motorcycle switch units. Why can't we have a BIG POSTIVE switch?

James Deuce
23rd June 2006, 22:13
Aaargh, you poor bugger. If it's any consolation, I did the same thing with my VFR400 switchgear once - luckily I found a pen with a tiny spring in it. Never did find the bit that fell in the fuel tank (don't ask).

sAsLEX
24th June 2006, 10:19
Aaargh, you poor bugger. If it's any consolation, I did the same thing with my VFR400 switchgear once - luckily I found a pen with a tiny spring in it. Never did find the bit that fell in the fuel tank (don't ask).

yeah I thought well done got the little high beam switch out of the main thing, and went oh I wonder how it works "push" spring goes flying somewhere! Get out a cell phone and use as torch and find it fairly quickly go in to the lounge to clean it up and guess what i do agian!