PDA

View Full Version : Colour schemes for your bike

Wired1
24th June 2006, 11:49
I am rebuilding another XV750 at the moment and have been wondering what colours to paint it. I'm not going for the originaly black frame, coloured tank deal so got to looking on the net for any programs to help select motorcycle colour schemes and came across this:
http://www.jgstechnical.com/html/randd/colorize/
It is a bit limited in that it doesn't suit a cruiser but is a neat toy just the same. DOes anyone know of any other similar programs that are around? something you can scan your bike photo into like they do for houses would be cool.

crazefox
24th June 2006, 17:43
Mate if you need some cheap paint give me a yell:rockon:

awesker
24th June 2006, 18:43
Mate if you need some cheap paint give me a yell:rockon:

you make or sell it or something??
reckon you can hook me up with a sweet deal on some pearl white for a rgv250? :blip:

The Pastor
24th June 2006, 20:46
Bikes look good in all colors, as long as there black

Jantar
24th June 2006, 23:23
Bikes look good in all colors, as long as there black
Well of course, that goes without saying. But which black? There is Full gloss black, coal black, satin black, matt black, stipple black, metalflake black, etc etc. I'm sure some of the females on this forum can come up with even more shades of black. :blip:

sunhuntin
25th June 2006, 16:02
mmmmm metal flake. yum.

whats the paint that changes color every time it moves? had a bike come into work...it went from purple to orange to green or something along those lines, lmfao.

qldzxr250a
25th June 2006, 16:04
bah only 1 HIGH GLOSS BLACK. then polish that thing till it shines like......ummmm....something really shiny :rockon:

miSTa
25th June 2006, 17:37
Black with blue pearl...

slowpoke
25th June 2006, 17:51
Good to see you are going for something different from the standard factory issue.
For a supposedly slightly alternative bunch it both suprises and disappoints me how boring a lot of us are when electing to repaint and decal bikes exactly as they came from the factory.

Wired1
25th June 2006, 19:11
Yeah I know what you mean. I want this bike to to be a bit different, the last two rebuilds I have done have been as close to stock as I can (apart from the tank flames of course!) but this one I want to be a bit different. It will look like an XV750, I'm not into trying to hide the original bike like some do, but it will have a number of non-standard features like bars, paint, maybe seat etc. I will be building this one for me so I will just go with the flow. I will probably end up selling it as usual, otherwise I can't build any more, and that normally makes you stop and think about deviating from original, but I thought what they heck this time...I'll post some lurid photos when I get a bit further along the track. I have the engine in bits on the bench and I am still looking for a gas tank but otherwise I am on track (I think).