justsomeguy
24th June 2006, 16:24
Date: Sunday 25th June
Meet: 9:30am
Depart: 10am
Meeting point: BP Chapel Road, Botany Downs
Pace: Medium
Route: Over to Kaiaua and back

This will be a short ride out to have an earlyish lunch/snack and get back to Auckland ASAP.

Scouse
24th June 2006, 16:26
Aya Fush n chups for late breakfast at Kaiaua

justsomeguy
24th June 2006, 16:26
Another thing: If you guys prefer leaving earlier or later, that's cool too.

The weather tomorrow will be beautiful, we shouldn't waste it.:sunny:

Leong
24th June 2006, 16:44
Just done the loop this afternoon... lots of seal repairs most of the way between Clevedon and Kaiaua, not too much problem tho EXCEPT going towards Kaiaua, on the short straight bit after the jandal corner twisties, and before the next downhill left there is quite a lot of gravel, right where you want tto be hard on the brakes IF you've gunned it hard out of the twisties.

Came back via SH2, Hunua etc... roads mint! (except the green stuff)

justsomeguy
24th June 2006, 16:51
Just done the loop this afternoon... lots of seal repairs most of the way between Clevedon and Kaiaua, not too much problem tho EXCEPT going towards Kaiaua, on the short straight bit after the jandal corner twisties, and before the next downhill left there is quite a lot of gravel, right where you want tto be hard on the brakes IF you've gunned it hard out of the twisties.

Came back via SH2, Hunua etc... roads mint! (except the green stuff)

Thanks for the update.

I guess we'll take it easy on the way up and save our energy for the way back.

SpankMe
24th June 2006, 19:53
Yep, did that ride today. Lots of gravel patches, but still a good ride. Will try and make it if I can get my arse outta bed in time.

Back Fire
25th June 2006, 00:32
I shall be there

skidMark
25th June 2006, 00:42
i will try to make an appearance if i wake up in time

Gremlin
25th June 2006, 00:50
Most likely there... behaving myself in certain areas, it would now seem... :angry:

Back Fire
25th June 2006, 01:08
Most likely there... behaving myself in certain areas, it would now seem... :angry:

remember.... yellow means pass faster!

Gremlin
25th June 2006, 01:20
doh!!!! thats what I did wrong last time I guess....

with all the nancies in the world, plates seem to becoming an extra, real quick.... :angry:

Leong
25th June 2006, 07:54
Yep, did that ride today. Lots of gravel patches, but still a good ride. Will try and make it if I can get my arse outta bed in time.

Thought you might have. Saw you stopped at the lights at Botany at 1.15pm. I was the cage driver that did the double take at you, jaw dropped onto the steering wheel..... then, unusually, I got a green immediately at the next lights so didn't get to see you go by!!! LOVE your bike!!

Doing a ride later today with a mate but will come down at 9.30 and maybe do the first part of the ride with you guys.

GIXser
25th June 2006, 17:40
i saw you homo's go past me today i was sitting at the whitford cafe--

justsomeguy
25th June 2006, 18:22
i saw you homo's go past me today i was sitting at the whitford cafe--

So you were sitting at the cafe, sipping your latte, wondering when you need to go back in to bleach your hair - and you call us homo's??? :nya:

----

It was a great ride today, perfect weather and no moments. :sunny:

We were even joined by "The Creator" himself :shutup:

We intially went for a short blat to Kaiaua, then decided hmm..... since we've come this far we might as well do the entire Coro Loop:wait:

Lot's of fancy machines around today two brand new big boy gixxers - one with only 400k's on the clock at the start of the ride and a guy on a new 06 Raven R6 who we met twice today.

Thanks for the company everyone.

GIXser
25th June 2006, 18:35
So you were sitting at the cafe, sipping your latte, wondering when you need to go back in to bleach your hair - and you call us homo's??? :nya:

----

didnt you know its the local homo's meeting place, and im yet to bag me a indian fella,, im watchin ya ..hmmmmmm.....

was kinda pissed of i wasnt on me bike,,, would have joined ya fellas otherwise

beyond
25th June 2006, 18:45
Good catching up with you guys briefly at Kaiau fush and chup shop. :)

Got my front tyre all scrubbed in nicely and the trip back on my own was fun as the roads had dried considerably. Awesome day. Would have been a fantastic day to have done the Coro loop.

Some nice hardware there too. Like the new GSXR750 and lucky you Rayza with a brand spanking new GSXR1000. Go easy on it mate and hang over the front to keep the wheel down aye? :)

Couldn't stay with the house on Open Home today but had to get that new front donut scrubbed while the weathers fine.

Cheers.

Back Fire
25th June 2006, 19:04
Good catching up with you guys briefly at Kaiau fush and chup shop. :)

Got my front tyre all scrubbed in nicely and the trip back on my own was fun as the roads had dried considerably. Awesome day. Would have been a fantastic day to have done the Coro loop.

Some nice hardware there too. Like the new GSXR750 and lucky you Rayza with a brand spanking new GSXR1000. Go easy on it mate and hang over the front to keep the wheel down aye? :)

Couldn't stay with the house on Open Home today but had to get that new front donut scrubbed while the weathers fine.

Cheers.

Yeah... that front wheels a interesting thing... it does pop up real easy over crests... BUT!! I got a bloody hole in my radiator at 600KM's... pissin coolant everywhere... now its bunged with knead-it and I cant use it till its fixed... GREAT!.... grrrrrr.... cheers spank and JSG for help me out!

and thank you gremlin for not having a psychopathic fit and stealing my pie when you saw it... I know it was hard for you to resist... the rehabilitation must be working

boomer
25th June 2006, 19:32
you gone and got yaself another new fekin bike...... MEH !!!! MEH !!!! MEh!!!!

APPLE
25th June 2006, 19:35
saw u chaps this mornin at BP.leong waved at me in the white van...........''next time

Leong
25th June 2006, 19:54
saw u chaps this mornin at BP.leong waved at me in the white van...........''next time

Yeah... thought you were going to stop for a chat!! Next time!!

SO I hope Markauckland got home OK.... After leaving you guys at Clevedon met up with another mate and ended up doing the Kaiaua loop in reverse. Met MarcAuckland at Kaiaua FnC so probably just missed you guys and Beyond.

SOrry to hear about the hole in radiator Rayza... Thats one nice bike, hope it's fixed SOON.

Back Fire
25th June 2006, 20:56
you gone and got yaself another new fekin bike...... MEH !!!! MEH !!!! MEh!!!!

and now I can out squid you too!!!

Back Fire
25th June 2006, 20:57
SOrry to hear about the hole in radiator Rayza... Thats one nice bike, hope it's fixed SOON.

hopefully not to long... had some money set aside for things like this... so ASAP!! I wanna get my first service over and done with...

skidMark
26th June 2006, 14:57
yup got home in one piece...... and leong i'm sure i saw you and black buell in mission bay last night parking next to my baby....

was it you and him?

Blackbuell
26th June 2006, 17:28
Was not me Mark,i was working,but i saw you today trying to get your bike started on Morrin rd by the bridge,holding up all the traffic.

skidMark
26th June 2006, 17:40
yer the bike cutout and i couldn't get it started again cus it was still stone cold.... put the choke on wound her for a few seconds then she fired up.

it sometimes idles fine but sometimes it just cuts out....i had only taken it a couple of hundred metres and it had been outside in the cold all morning there....so was nowhere near warm yet...

Leong
26th June 2006, 18:55
yup got home in one piece...... and leong i'm sure i saw you and black buell in mission bay last night parking next to my baby....

was it you and him?

Nay, not me either. Not allowed out at night on the bike much. ie without the family! Hope you enjoyed the ride back from Kaiaua!

Gremlin
27th June 2006, 19:26
and thank you gremlin for not having a psychopathic fit and stealing my pie when you saw it... I know it was hard for you to resist... the rehabilitation must be working
ha..... ha..... ha

You got cheek boy. Your second suzuki you own has a bit break and you still comment about me... I would be switching to a brand that doesn't keep breaking, despite it being heaps older :bleh:

That was a fantastic ride. Spank reckons at Kaiaua that perhaps Coro would be good, and I think, jeez, maybe if it was earlier in day... After a short while of talking etc, I bring it up again - as the weather was waaaay too good to pass up, and we all reckon hell yeah!!

Have a fantastic ride, thoroughly enjoying the bike, and keep catching JSG after towns (:nya: ) and riding the bike harder than ever before. Completely miss the guys, who apparently stopped in Whitianga... (I wondered why I didn't see anyone after Coro town... got to Kopu and realised something was up :innocent: ) and headed back again, I was having that much fun.

Reckon the whole loop was only 2 hours or something, so a hell of a lot of fun :sunny: Even though I scored my worst economy ever, at just over 7L/100km for the loop :weep:

:ride:

skidMark
29th June 2006, 12:14
Quote of the day:

gremlin: (some cheeky comment i can't remember)

justsomeguy: you watch out or ill get a ladder and climb up there and punch you.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Leong
29th June 2006, 13:55
Yeah, that was funny at the time!!