PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic

Shaun
25th June 2006, 11:44
To all you guys and girls! thanks a lot for the effort by one and all, a big shout out to metaltrousers for youe work on the day dude, I O U!

The following people
Bill M**** (non kber)
BioHazard
Can
Can again
Cibby Chick Still for sale
Cowpoos
Dss3
Garry H
Girlygirl
Goblin
Grahameeboy ???
HDTboy
Hoon
Keystone19
Kicking Zebra
KiwiFruit
Mikey
More Power
MotoBob
MotoRacer
Racey Rider
RoadRash
roowashere
RossiGal
Stiffarms
Texmo
The Tazman
Titanium
Trev ???
Two Smoker
Velox

Thankyou very much for your support for Jason last season. I hope yesterday gave you all value for money?

SPEEDMEDIC, Mate, without you this all would have been a pipe dream, thanks very much for all your work and coordinating this.

Happy days to one and all

GSVR
25th June 2006, 13:48
Thanks for your efforts Shaun you must be pretty stuffed after doing those long hours at work and then getting up early to come down for the Training day.

The walk around the track was interesting and I bet most people have no idea how rough grooved and bumpy it is. Interesting points on cornering.

Had a great days riding even when it was a little bit damp towards the end. Had to come in before I ran out of fuel in that epic end session.

Thanks also for pointing out how bad my suspension is (big changes for this on the horizion :)). Don't actually see how bad the attitude of the bike is when I'm riding it but looked at a pic of me going down the straight and the rear is really sunken.

Great work to the Aucklanders for getting down through all that snow.

Morepower
25th June 2006, 16:01
An excellent day , one to remember , I used a whole tank of Gas in that final session:yes: I was buggered at the end. Thanks to all involved .
And thanks for looking at the suspension set up for me.

Dave

Goblin
25th June 2006, 17:07
Fanfukintastic day! What better way to pop my trackday cherry than with this lot! :rockon: Thanks to all for organising it all, especially Speedmedic...& MT...& Shaun, Jase & Andrew...You guys ROCK! Was humbled to be on a track at the same time as Stroudy, Sudeep & Chris:gob:

Special thanks to sugilite :wavey: & Chanceyy for timing me:yes: & HDTboy for driving us down there.

Now I'm hooked!

Velox
25th June 2006, 18:20
(Another) cheers especially to Shaun and Andrew for getting out there and giving us all a hand with our riding and suspension etc - really appreciated it!
Thanks heaps for organising it too Speedmedic!

A real good day even though the weather had been crap, my plan for organising a trailer fell through, and I was kind of wishing it was raining in the morn so I didn't have to get up so early! Had a real nice ride back too which was kind of strange considering it was dark, cold, SH1, slightly wet and with a dark visor.

Thanks fellas!!! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

justsomeguy
25th June 2006, 18:35
It's always great to hear about such events and people being proactive and supportive by sharing their skills and talents with others.

Now what I really want to ask --

Can you guys organise one of these at Taupo????

kickingzebra
25th June 2006, 19:11
Big big big ups to Shaun (shaun is my idol) Jason, Andrew, and the rest of you fast guys that I was trying to follow!

Speedy, You are a legend!!

Thanks one and all!!

Edit: Also Big BIG BIG thanks to Nicko for hooking me up with race fairings etc, That alone did wonders for my confidence!! Thanks bud!!

chanceyy
25th June 2006, 20:13
what an awesome day

great to meet everyone, boys frm aucks, Sudeep, Gareth, Gwinch & Texmo (thanks for the heads up texmo :D)
mrs hoon (mr hoon was out on the track), goblin, stiffy & gg, flame, two smoker, & chole, racey rider, nadrog, mikey, mark, velox, rossi girl, & even poosy :D (yes coffee bytch only)

looking forward to getting a bike and getting out there .. way to much fun to sit on the side lines

Looking forward to the next one .. :rockon:

Two Smoker
25th June 2006, 20:16
Had a good day.... Took it easy, and wasnt the nicest weather to push hard... Good to see all the KBers there, and to meet some new ones :niceone: TOP STUFF Shaun, Andrew and Jason!!!

The walk around the track was really good (Geezz i thought it was bad but not that BAD)...

Riders that really impressed me... Kiwifruit, Velox (your crazy on that bald racetech), Roadrash, Texmo, Cowpoos, HDTboy, Racey rider (nice move up the inside of me hehehe), Keystone19 for playing nice and leaving me a good 50cm to get up the inside on the hairpin and Motoracer with a quick pace and nice wheelies..

The rest of you impressed me with how much you improved :niceone:

Hoped I helped some of you in some of the sessions :niceone:

dss3...... WHAT CAN I SAY????? Your a muppet.... But a muppet that deserved a shit load better happenings than what did happen...

cowpoos
26th June 2006, 08:27
Took it easy, and wasnt the nicest weather to push hard... The walk around the track was really good (Geezz i thought it was bad but not that BAD)...

you had some other more believable excuses at the track!! ;)

anyways...awesome day!!! thanks heaps to speedimedic....your master plan turned out wicked!!! shame you couldn't come in the end bro...shaun thanks heaps...along with jason and andrew...and M T trousers you ran a priddy smooth operation there dude!! I think some thanks are definatly in order from the guys and gals attending!!

kiwifruit
26th June 2006, 08:48
Had a great time thanks Speedmedic Shaun Jason and Andrew :rockon:
Thanks also to cowpoos for giving me the learn
I did a total of 310km on the track, 160 of that was in the wet / damp of the last session. i even passed stroud!!!! ok ok, he wasnt on MICHELINS :nya: but i still passed him!! :doobey: thats like the highlight of my life so far

Goblin, you went great :first: was watching you in your first session... twas impossible to tell it was your first time on the track, you were flying :niceone:
My heart sank when i saw Daryl go down in the first lap of his day :( Fucking gutting man.
That BMW sounded very very nice down the straight.
Nice to meet a few new people.
I certainly left with more confidence in my own ablity (sp?), i think the wet taught me alot, as it tends too.....
going round and round and round for an hour or so was awesome, sure got to know the track! Had a few moments too which were fun :D

Great stuff

Maybe we can do the same thing at Taupo sometime Shaun? :sunny:

Cheers, Allan.

sAsLEX
26th June 2006, 09:20
I did a total of 310km on the track, 160 of that was in the wet / damp of the last session

Damn good value just quitely!

k14
26th June 2006, 11:00
There will be another, already had preliminary talk with Shaun. A few minor changes but the main one will be, it will be held in a warmer month than June!
Sweet. How about you go one step further and hold it at a proper track like ruapuna :gob:

kiwifruit
26th June 2006, 11:19
Riders that really impressed me... Kiwifruit, Velox (your crazy on that bald racetech), Roadrash, Texmo, Cowpoos, HDTboy, Racey rider (nice move up the inside of me hehehe), Keystone19 for playing nice and leaving me a good 50cm to get up the inside on the hairpin and Motoracer with a quick pace and nice wheelies..

thanks man! thats means alot coming from you
:D

kickingzebra
26th June 2006, 11:26
I'll be a starter for anything north island based...
The thing I loved about that day was that it was so relaxed, no presure, no implied pressure, and competition just didn't seem to be on peoples minds!!

Thanks also to TwoSmoker, Mr Stroud and Jill,
Was great to be able to sit in behind yall at various times in the day and just work on consistant lines!!

Lets do it every weekend!! LOL

I think in some respects the rain was good, because it added to the concentration required to get around smoothly!

As for me, the curse was broken!! First time I haven't dropped the bike on the track, despite front wheel slides, rear wheel slides and cramp for africa!!

Thanks everybody for making it a great day!!!

Hoon
26th June 2006, 12:09
Yep great day - well worth the price (and 1050kms/14hrs drive, 140 lts gas + motel). With all that effort getting there I was determined to get in as much track time as I could in instead of slacking around in the pits. Spent the morning learning some lines and once locked in started adding cornerspeed and exit drive. Did wonders for my confidence in the wet and was having such a ball that I had to keep reminding myself that it was wet. My eyes were also playing tricks on me and at times I couldn't tell if the track was wet or dry (due to the goat track appearance, shadows, patches, seal changes etc).

Keystone was flying too - she went passed me and I tried to keep up but couldn't!

When it turned into a free for all in the afternoon I went out until I ran out of gas, pushed the bike back to the pits, had a quick breather and went back out again. Was going to stay out until that tank ran out too but luckily the flag dropped.
Easily the most laps I've ever done in one day. My legs are still sore today!! Then drove straight back and arrived in AKL at 11:30pm.

Thanks Shaun, Speedmedic and co. Great to see hardly any bins too!

Racey Rider
26th June 2006, 12:15
Thanks to SpeedMedic for all the organization.
Thanks to those watching over us out there as we went round and round and round
& round.

Thanks to Shaun for all the advice. Am trying a couple of 'your lines', but will have to wait till race day to see if they have the desired affect.

Thanks to 'Pyrocam' for selling me a Discounted ticket to be there! Hope you didn't regret the decision too much after hearing Andrew and Craig were going to be there too.

Craig stayed in bed, and I Didn't see much of Jason and Andrew, but sounds like they were helping out the Faster groups.. Would have been nice for the group to hear a word from Jason about how his season went.

Hope the 150 didn't get in peoples way too much :nya:

One day I'll have a few more Hp 'TS', then Watch Out!!
:scooter:

Racey

MikeyG
26th June 2006, 13:17
Went along to watch on Saturday afternoon. Loved the sound of everyone opening it up down pit straight.

I've got bike envy now, the GN just isn't cutting it any more after seeing the bigger bikes on the track. All I could think of for the rest of the weekend was Velox's CBR600RR and Cowpoos' GSXR750. I think I'm in love with those bikes

Keystone19
26th June 2006, 13:44
I really enjoyed the day. Thanks to Shaun and Jason for the advice on lines and especially Shaun for getting my bike fixed so I could actually ride it! Thanks to Speedmedic for organising it all and to Mental Trousers and the others who were working as flag marshalls and gate open and closers - all voluntary input! Thanks to Skelstar, Gareth and Jonathon for helping me in the pits and for jury rigging my front fairing so I could hide behind it down the fast bits. Thanks also to MikeyG for his help in the pits and taking a wee parcel back to Wellington for me.

It was my first time at Manfeild and it was nice to learn the track in a relaxed manner. It was a shame that many of the lines seem to be dictated by the pot holes and rough bits rather than where you should go but I suppose these irregularities in the surface do give you marker points for braking and the like so there are some advantages!

My first session I tried a whole bunch of different lines and made a little bit of headway on some of them. I love that last corner onto pit straight! Eventually some guidance from Jason and Shaun saw me get pretty comfortable with some consistent lines.

The two sessions before lunch in the dry were fantastic. Then the rain saw me start out quickly and get slower and slower so I came in - didn't have too many slips and slides just seemed to get slower. Went out in the last session and it was still damp so took things easy and this time slowly increased the speed - still a lot slower than in the dry but after the knocks my poor bike has suffered in the last few weeks, the main goal was to stay firmly upright!

Had to laugh when Two Smoker came up the inside of me not expecting me to take the same line as him - not many of us were doing it and he thought he could sneak by me. He did, but only just!

Everybody was riding really well and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone who was there.

And stopping at Whakapapa on the way home was a real bonus. Clear blue skys, no wind and a tonne of snow to ski in.

Two Smoker
26th June 2006, 13:53
you had some other more believable excuses at the track!! ;)

Got plenty in reserve too ;)...

kickingzebra
26th June 2006, 13:55
All I could think of for the rest of the weekend was Velox's CBR600RR and Cowpoos' GSXR750. I think I'm in love with those bikes

In love with a Honda and a Suzuki? sheesh, that'll get you in trouble!!!

MikeyG
26th June 2006, 15:02
that'll get you in trouble!!!

Not as much as if I said I preferred the Honda to the Suzi

kickingzebra
26th June 2006, 15:06
Not as much as if I said I preferred the Honda to the Suzi

Heheh, tip of the day though, its harder to piss in the exhaust of a k6 gixser 600 than the honda equivalent... Just ask poos...

sAsLEX
26th June 2006, 15:18
Got plenty in reserve too ;)...

I want to see the day your holding the umbella for your mrs now that shes getting into riding! (talking to your folks at motohaus)

Two Smoker
26th June 2006, 15:22
I want to see the day your holding the umbella for your mrs now that shes getting into riding! (talking to your folks at motohaus)

I just hope she doesnt get into racing...

HDTboy
26th June 2006, 15:39
She'd have the power to weight advantage easy, even if she was on a GN.

I'll write up a decent report tonight and post it in the morning

MikeyG
26th June 2006, 16:32
Heheh, tip of the day though, its harder to piss in the exhaust of a k6 gixser 600 than the honda equivalent... Just ask poos...

I've heard that about him

Mental Trousers
26th June 2006, 17:51
I'll write up a decent report tonight and post it in the morning

I want to hear about what happened after you boys left the motel and went to the pub.

Thanks Shaun, Jason, Andrew and SpeedMedic.
Even though I wasn't able to ride I still learnt plenty and had a fun day as well. One arm is all that's needed for waving a flag at the end of the sessions and has the advantage that no one was going to hit me for walking around telling everyone what to do :nya:

-----

Friday Titanium picked me up at lunch time in a brand spanking new 2.5 litre turbo diesel Pathfinder 7 seater (he'd done some wheeling and dealing and got it for the weekend). We then shot around to kickingzebra's place to pick up a couple of bikes then went to Titaniums to pick up his and his gear. We ended up waiting there while kz took off to Biohazards to pick up that bike, people and gear in the Subaru. After many messages and phone calls they eventually arrived back at Ti's over 1.5 hours late. Turns out the trailer they were hauling didn't have any working lights so they started pulling things apart and eventually found all 4 bulbs were dead. Duh.

Eventually we went and picked up Road Rash and his wife, bike and gear then hit the road. We had 7 people in the Pathfinder + trailer and 2 bikes and 2 people in the Subaru + trailer and 2 bikes. It was approximately 5:15pm. We were originally going to leave at 3:30pm. So we were pretty much running to form ....

The trip down was relatively uneventful. I got the front passengers seat by virtue of having a busted shoulder while the other 5 climbed into the 2 rows of rear seats. We stopped at Te Kuiti and had some dinner then got rolling again, constantly checking the AA phoneline to see which roads were open. National Park was open so we took the turn off at the 8 mile and headed that way. After that we found the roads to Waiouru & Taihape were open so we shot across that way, stopping in Waiouru at the servo for a quick break. The servo had 6 inches of snow in it's forecourt and the Desert Rd was still closed.

Left Waiouru and headed for Marton where we dropped 5 of our passengers off. After that it was on to Feilding and the motel where I dragged Stify and Girlygirl out of bed to let me in. Ti hadn't organised a bed for the night so he crashed on the couch in the room while Biohazard and his wife went off to find Spudchuka's place.

Next morning Stify and GG shot out to the supermarket and came back to cook up some bacon & eggs for the 4 of us. Ti wandered over and got a room sorted before he forgot and had to sleep on the floor. Me and Ti then headed to the track via the Mobil. As we pulled out of the motel we saw Biohazard drive straight past heading in the wrong direction. A quick phone call and he came back to meet us at the Mobil where we filled the huge racing fuel cans Ti had.

At the track we set up around the back of the shelters. Some wandering and talking was done while those with 2 hands unloaded. poos was busy fixing RossiGirls 600. She'd been a victim of the infield left hand kink the day before and had cracked the alternator cover. Turns out the replacement was the wrong one so they had to ring around for a new one and wait.

At 10:00am Shaun got us all together in the scrutineering shed and went over some preliminaries (indemnity, days structure etc). We then went out for a wander around the track with Shaun and Jason explaining many things about how to approach corners, the lines they use, the mental processes of getting into and out of the corners and much more. The walk around was extremely informative and comprehensive and I learnt heaps even though I wasn't going to be riding.

After that we went back to the pits and divided into 3 groups, slow, medium and fast. The slow group was to go out first so I volunteered to wave flags and keep track of the session times. Shaun wanted to start with sessions of 10 minutes so the first round went relatively quickly. The only incident of the day being dss3 who was simply undone on a very cold, wet, slippery corner on slicks. Sometimes there just isn't any grip no matter how slow you go and that's what got him. Unfortunately, the damage to the bike meant he wasn't able to get it to a ridable state again. Thankfully Noel (CaN) let daryl head out on the recently purchased K3 from loosebruce later on so he got to have some fun.

Gradually the sessions were lengthened until they were more than 15 minutes. Shaun, Andrew and Jason went out at various times amongst everyone. Unfortunately Jason had a wee lie down on top of the tyres at the pit entrance, breaking the sub frame of the shauns brand spanking new K6 600. Funnily enough shaun didn't let him near it again lol. People were shuffled from one group to another and Keystone looked like she was almost gonna cry from fatigue when I told her to turn around and go straight back out again cos she'd been moved up a group.

Called a quick lunch break at 1:40pm as people were starting to look a little fatigued, hungry and it had started raining. Funnily enough, as soon as we stopped the sessions the rain stopped too. After 10 minutes a couple of guys were asking when we were continuing so I sent MorePower and Kiwifruit out to do 2 laps and see how slippery it was. They said it was slippery but not dangerous so I sent them out to have some fun and wandered around telling everyone that they could go out with the other two rather than in their group but to be careful as it was slippery.

By the time the lunch break was finished there was quite a mix of people out on the track. However, everything was smooth and nobody was having problems with the speed differential as there wasn't any time pressure to get laps in before the session ended. A quick count up of the busiest time saw approximately 23 people out on the track at once. A couple of people used an entire tank of gas in the 1 session cos they were having so much fun they just stayed out there. From what everyone have said this last, very long single session was the best of the day because it was so relaxed and there wasn't any pressure to cram laps in before the end of the session.

Eventually 4:30pm came around and Sue (track manager) told me to wave the final flag of the day. The final super session came in at 2 hours 40 minutes in duration. Everyone had started packed up, with a few already gone, keen to get back on the road and home before it got too late. I wandered around telling everyone that there was a bbq and drinks back at the motel afterwards and plenty said they'd cruise along. Unfortunately shaun had to bail and because a few had left already he didn't get a chance to thank everyone for a fantastic day with virtually no incidents (1 bike down, 1 went into the sandpit but stayed upright and 1 found the grass but stayed upright too).

Sue wandered around the pits looking a tiny bit impatient cos she wanted to lock up and go home, however, securing bikes and gear takes a wee while so eventually everyone got out of her way. She was very good humoured about it and was pleased to see that everyone had a good, worthwhile day.

I can't be stuffed writing about the after match bbq/piss up (that's a novel by itself) or the trip home so that's it folks.

stify
26th June 2006, 18:24
loved the relaxed nature of the day, be real happy if all track days were the same, was neat to walk the track and have entry-exit points etc pointed out, it only took most of the day and fark knows how many laps following TS and Andrew to finally get it into me thick skull on that HUGE last session riding GG's zxr to figure most of it out.
Had a ball on the new bike and finally got to the edge of me tyre(a first for me)
nice to meet more of you fulla's as well

cheers to all involved, thanks for your time

Morepower
26th June 2006, 22:28
Big thanks to Mental Trousers , you couldnt have done the Job better , organising the groups your calm and relaxed attitude filtered through to the riders and that sort of sums up the day , everyone was relaxed and approachable , I realy did not know any of you guys before I got there but everyone was happy to chat and help out.

Some things of note , Racey Riders outstanding corner speed ( probably had no brakes?) a good dice with Tazman for sme laps in that final mega session. Being passed by Blue and White Suzukis all the time or was it the same one many times??

Just a great day all round, made better by a great group of people

Dave

Titanium
26th June 2006, 22:39
I want to hear about what happened after you boys left the motel and went to the pub.

Thanks Shaun, Jason, Andrew and SpeedMedic.
Even though I wasn't able to ride I still learnt plenty and had a fun day as well. One arm is all that's needed for waving a flag at the end of the sessions and has the advantage that no one was going to hit me for walking around telling everyone what to do :nya:

-----

Friday Titanium picked me up at lunch time in a brand spanking new 2.5 litre turbo diesel Pathfinder 7 seater (he'd done some wheeling and dealing and got it for the weekend). We then shot around to kickingzebra's place to pick up a couple of bikes then went to Titaniums to pick up his and his gear. We ended up waiting there while kz took off to Biohazards to pick up that bike, people and gear in the Subaru. After many messages and phone calls they eventually arrived back at Ti's over 1.5 hours late. Turns out the trailer they were hauling didn't have any working lights so they started pulling things apart and eventually found all 4 bulbs were dead. Duh.

Eventually we went and picked up Road Rash and his wife, bike and gear then hit the road. We had 7 people in the Pathfinder + trailer and 2 bikes and 2 people in the Subaru + trailer and 2 bikes. It was approximately 5:15pm. We were originally going to leave at 3:30pm. So we were pretty much running to form ....

The trip down was relatively uneventful. I got the front passengers seat by virtue of having a busted shoulder while the other 5 climbed into the 2 rows of rear seats. We stopped at Te Kuiti and had some dinner then got rolling again, constantly checking the AA phoneline to see which roads were open. National Park was open so we took the turn off at the 8 mile and headed that way. After that we found the roads to Waiouru & Taihape were open so we shot across that way, stopping in Waiouru at the servo for a quick break. The servo had 6 inches of snow in it's forecourt and the Desert Rd was still closed.

Left Waiouru and headed for Marton where we dropped 5 of our passengers off. After that it was on to Feilding and the motel where I dragged Stify and Girlygirl out of bed to let me in. Ti hadn't organised a bed for the night so he crashed on the couch in the room while Biohazard and his wife went off to find Spudchuka's place.

Next morning Stify and GG shot out to the supermarket and came back to cook up some bacon & eggs for the 4 of us. Ti wandered over and got a room sorted before he forgot and had to sleep on the floor. Me and Ti then headed to the track via the Mobil. As we pulled out of the motel we saw Biohazard drive straight past heading in the wrong direction. A quick phone call and he came back to meet us at the Mobil where we filled the huge racing fuel cans Ti had.

At the track we set up around the back of the shelters. Some wandering and talking was done while those with 2 hands unloaded. poos was busy fixing RossiGirls 600. She'd been a victim of the infield left hand kink the day before and had cracked the alternator cover. Turns out the replacement was the wrong one so they had to ring around for a new one and wait.

At 10:00am Shaun got us all together in the scrutineering shed and went over some preliminaries (indemnity, days structure etc). We then went out for a wander around the track with Shaun and Jason explaining many things about how to approach corners, the lines they use, the mental processes of getting into and out of the corners and much more. The walk around was extremely informative and comprehensive and I learnt heaps even though I wasn't going to be riding.

After that we went back to the pits and divided into 3 groups, slow, medium and fast. The slow group was to go out first so I volunteered to wave flags and keep track of the session times. Shaun wanted to start with sessions of 10 minutes so the first round went relatively quickly. The only incident of the day being dss3 who was simply undone on a very cold, wet, slippery corner on slicks. Sometimes there just isn't any grip no matter how slow you go and that's what got him. Unfortunately, the damage to the bike meant he wasn't able to get it to a ridable state again. Thankfully Noel (CaN) let daryl head out on the recently purchased K3 from loosebruce later on so he got to have some fun.

Gradually the sessions were lengthened until they were more than 15 minutes. Shaun, Andrew and Jason went out at various times amongst everyone. Unfortunately Jason had a wee lie down on top of the tyres at the pit entrance, breaking the sub frame of the shauns brand spanking new K6 600. Funnily enough shaun didn't let him near it again lol. People were shuffled from one group to another and Keystone looked like she was almost gonna cry from fatigue when I told her to turn around and go straight back out again cos she'd been moved up a group.

Called a quick lunch break at 1:40pm as people were starting to look a little fatigued, hungry and it had started raining. Funnily enough, as soon as we stopped the sessions the rain stopped too. After 10 minutes a couple of guys were asking when we were continuing so I sent MorePower and Kiwifruit out to do 2 laps and see how slippery it was. They said it was slippery but not dangerous so I sent them out to have some fun and wandered around telling everyone that they could go out with the other two rather than in their group but to be careful as it was slippery.

By the time the lunch break was finished there was quite a mix of people out on the track. However, everything was smooth and nobody was having problems with the speed differential as there wasn't any time pressure to get laps in before the session ended. A quick count up of the busiest time saw approximately 23 people out on the track at once. A couple of people used an entire tank of gas in the 1 session cos they were having so much fun they just stayed out there. From what everyone have said this last, very long single session was the best of the day because it was so relaxed and there wasn't any pressure to cram laps in before the end of the session.

Eventually 4:30pm came around and Sue (track manager) told me to wave the final flag of the day. The final super session came in at 2 hours 40 minutes in duration. Everyone had started packed up, with a few already gone, keen to get back on the road and home before it got too late. I wandered around telling everyone that there was a bbq and drinks back at the motel afterwards and plenty said they'd cruise along. Unfortunately shaun had to bail and because a few had left already he didn't get a chance to thank everyone for a fantastic day with virtually no incidents (1 bike down, 1 went into the sandpit but stayed upright and 1 found the grass but stayed upright too).

Sue wandered around the pits looking a tiny bit impatient cos she wanted to lock up and go home, however, securing bikes and gear takes a wee while so eventually everyone got out of her way. She was very good humoured about it and was pleased to see that everyone had a good, worthwhile day.

I can't be stuffed writing about the after match bbq/piss up (that's a novel by itself) or the trip home so that's it folks.

Bling for MT for writing this with 1 hand..........

Must have been at it since we got back yesterday.......

Titanium
26th June 2006, 22:40
hmmmm it posted twice.......

kiwifruit
27th June 2006, 10:53
Being passed by Blue and White Suzukis all the time or was it the same one many times??

Dave

i believe i lapped you 2 or 3 times :blip:

Gwinch
27th June 2006, 12:56
Hrmm, where do I start? Given that this was my virginal Kiwibiker meet it's a strange, even daunting feeling to think of the diatribe I'm going to (try and) create.

I guess it all began when I said in jest that I wanted to find a ride down to Manfield only four days before the track day was scheduled to begin. So chanceyy immeadiately posted that I was keen for such (I definitely was on the inside, just felt like too much on the outside) and texmo picked up the offer to let me ride in his jeep with gareth and Sudeep too. Huge thanks to you for making room for me (and for you three putting up with a complete stranger) at such short notice, I appreciate that more than anything else because without that I wouldn't have experience anything else that happened on the trip. Much love.

Having a ride organised I head around to texmo's on Thursday afternoon and end up leaving his place at around 4:30pm with him and gareth to pick up Sudeep and his shiznit. Getting him sorted too we start our serious trip out of Auckland at about 6:00pm. Getting to Hamilton wasn't really a problem, getting out of Hamilton was. Being indecisive really can be an arse. So after heading to Taupo, then heading to New Plymouth, then heading to Taupo, then heading to New Plymouth we eventually got to Subway and had dinner instead. I think we left Hamilton on our way to New Plymouth at about *cough* 10:30pm. We made good time from here on in and basically went non-stop through the 'naki on our way to Palmerston North where we planned for stop for the night... only we didn't. Pushing on further we arrived at Bulls to our planned accomodation at 4:00am while probably looking like death warmed up. Well, as warmed up as we could be given the weather which was FREEZING. In lieu of the place we planned to crash (big thanks to gareth's aunt and uncle for being overwhelmingly hospitable as we dropped by from time to time over the weekend) chanceyy ended up putting us up for the night in her much warmer house which had the fireplace going all for us. Cheers!

So after getting up at 6:30am with an hours sleep behind us it was time for the open day. With texmo and Sudeep as keen as they were we were out the door and heading to Manfield for some motorbike goodness (in between Porsche goodness, they were still fun to watch while it was their alotted time on the track). After a little wee while when the track dried out Rossi Gal, poos and Mikey arrived to bolster the numbers. Wheely practise ensued with poos and Sudeep trying to outdo each other constantly. texmo achieved his laptime goal and even exceeded it by a bit with the added bonus of having his knee down on every corner! It's a total shame none of us had functional cameras that day to get any photographic evidence. Some naughtiness on Mikey's account got the attention of the marshalls when he decided it would be a good idea to have an off track excursion to the other half of the tarmac which was meant to be closed off. Punishment was a clob to the helmet with a roll up checkered flag. Unfortunately that wasn't the only off track excursion as Castrol claimed it's first victim resulting in Rossi Gal's very pretty Gixxer getting a couple of minor dints which took it off the road. On the bright side, after hitting up Shaun (you must have been so busy, how do you make the time?!) for the necessary parts she was back on the track the next day to join in the fun. Not to mention the ping ponging around town to find new oil for her bike and change the rear tyre as we got one place and remembering something else we had to do while we were there while driving to get the next thing done!

Back to the motel and the masses were gathering for the next day out. Potsing around getting ready for the 'morrow was the order of the evening so after that happened it was off to bed for an early to bed early to rise deal. gareth and I managed to verbally wrestle Jill's car keys from her (love your heated seats by the way! They received praise at least a few times on each trip) for our trip to Bulls for dinner/beer at his aunty & uncle's cafe and warm beds in their outhouse (I told you that they're as nice as can be).

Back to the motel (again) the next morning after a much needed hot shower business was swift and the anticipation was palpable. With no time to waste most were out of the motel grounds just after our arrival back to drop Jill's car off. I think I loved your heated seats most that morning as they toasted my chilly buns. After hitching a ride with poos we were off to the track for the day. Being contronted with a crowd of kiwibikers I had never met before (bar MT and Hoon) put me on the back foot due to natural disposition but each person was as nice as the last. The uneasy feeling gone, the queue to meander around the place and get a good perv at all the pretty machines came up. It felt like the Amazon was flowing between my thighs by the end of it. Tried my best to be a nervous pit bitch and help where I could like the job on Jill's windscreen. Also managed to pursuade MT to let me take over some duties like waving the flag (far too cold for a novelty bikini) and running about the place on errands which was fun. Was extremely nervous about opening the gates for the first time while MT was gone (sorry for the holdup!) but quickly got over that. Anyhoo, most know how the day went so I won't bother blathering any longer than I need to.

In short, it was amazing. I have told myself that next time I definitely have to bring a bike as I just couldn't stand the feeling that I should be out there amongst you guys having a good blat. Just walking around the track was great fun even if the mud did steal my shoe sending me in a hop. Staying close to Shaun was a must to pick up everything that was said and learning as much as I could while off a bike.

The rest of the story goes a bit like how gareth said it in his post last night about the trailer debacle which should be right here --> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=662433&postcount=19

Thanks to everyone for making it as good a time as it was given that it was my first ever kiwibiker meet of any sort (also considering that it was such a big one!) and putting up with me, the "Random Guy" (thanks to poos!). Special thanks to those who put a roof over my head (chanceyy, girlygirl, stify, MT, Goblin) for each of the four nights and thanks again to texmo, Sudeep and gareth because without you it would never have happened.

Over and out.

Gwinch/Jonathan/Random Guy.

p.s dear God I dribble on a bit don't I?

HDTboy
27th June 2006, 13:02
You missed the bit about kicking poos arse

Gwinch
27th June 2006, 13:06
You missed the bit about kicking poos arse

Nah, I'd say he got the better of me. :p I just got the token first hits... his whallops to the side of my head would've bloody well hurt without gloves. Anyway, that night is a story in itself isn't it?

_Gina_
27th June 2006, 13:28
Anyway, that night is a story in itself isn't it?

You are not wrong !!

I had an awesome time at the track on Saturday, I was pleased that I was moving along alright, fast enough even to nearly low side the ZXR through pushing too hard. Thank fuck I didn't.

Had an awesome evening back at the motel, meeting new people like:

Goblin - Awesome chick!!

Texmo - Awww, what a cutie ;)

Gwinchy - Have you checked for dead mice behind your stove yet?

Poos & RossiGal - Thanks for holding the party guys & sorry for staying so long then [one of us] falling asleep before the MotoGP.

Flame - I aspire! & we will hopefully be organised enough to come on the Duc Sth Island run in March.

Gareth D - Thanks for the hugs and having a wicked sense of humour.

Mikey - What can I say??????????? You made me smile more than once.

Titanium - What a small world eh?

Chanceyy - Great to meet you girl.

MT - thanks for all your work at the track, and sorry for drinking your Bourbon after ours expired!

Shaun - for being a 'good shit kinda guy' and checking the ZXR and stating the obvious :) Thank you!

AND, last but not least

SpeedMedic - for all the hard work orchestrating the whole event.

GG

Two Smoker
27th June 2006, 13:38
Nah, I'd say he got the better of me. :p I just got the token first hits... his whallops to the side of my head would've bloody well hurt without gloves. Anyway, that night is a story in itself isn't it?

Upmost respect for giving Poos a good going over (even though you receicved as well...) Cant make yourself a stranger now can you???

Titanium
27th June 2006, 18:20
Bling to Girly Girl and stiffy for letting complete strangers stay over and for a good breky spread of bacon & eggs, toast and coffee on saturday. Also the combined cook up on Sunday.......

They could have rented out that hire trailer to a whole family or just bunked down in it themselves.......

road rash got the learn on good moonshine bourbon........ Saturday night.

Thanks for all of you guys staying out of my way........ on the track. The walk around was interesting...... makes you possibly think twice about riding on it. But it appears to in better condition than some of our state highways.

MT, sure I saw a tear in your eye I know how much you were looking forward to riding....

Excellent ride from Owhango back to Hamilton with Road Rash and Biohazard.....

Roll on the next one.......

Big Chim
27th June 2006, 18:36
road rash got the learn on good moonshine bourbon........ Saturday night.

Roll on the next one.......

Bling for that for sure, that stuff was leathal. Strong enough to run your :scooter: on

HDTboy
28th June 2006, 15:45
For anyone that cares, I wrote a report (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=664865#post664865) and put it in the ride reports forum

Motoracer
29th June 2006, 16:40
For anyone that cares, I wrote a report (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=664865#post664865) and put it in the ride reports forum

I care buddy. Wana hug now or later?

Cheers TREV!!!! Thank you for sponcering me to do this trackday. I did pick up some crucial pointers from Shaun so I did have something to gain from it all. Cheers Shaun as well as Speed Medic and other behind the scenes people for the day!

I'm pretty stoked with how my wheelies progressed through out the 2 days. I mean shit... it was only last month that I still couldn't really wheelie and now I'm getting so much more confident! Where are them pics at BTW? I wana see how good I look! :blah:

Thanks Aaron for the drive down as well as Gareth and Jhonathan for company and assistance over the weekend. I must say, you are all real top guys and I enjoyed my entire weekend. Dispite having to extend the trip because of trailer dramas. Mmmmhh Pie sandwhiches. lol

Thanks Sandra and Kelly for the accommodation and refreshments. Your hospitality was second to none.

Catcha! :)

HDTboy
29th June 2006, 17:19
Mmmm, you can hug me later

Two Smoker
29th June 2006, 17:29
Mmmm, you can hug me later

Fucking homo's... you guys are as bad as Bruce and Daryl...

HDTboy
29th June 2006, 17:35
No need to feel left out TS, I'm coming up that way on Saturday :niceone:

Gwinch
29th June 2006, 17:52
Sounds like it would be right up his alley... as it were.

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 14:08
Where to start, I have just sat down and read all the posts in this thread, whoo, Metal, you write a bloody good story mate!:doobey:

From what I have read here it seems that all were pretty happy with how the day went, as well as the night before and on the day.

If there is any one that was not happy with how it all went, please email me @ ttproduction1@msn.com and tell me what you were not happy with, or any suggestions to make it better next time round!

I am negotiating with Track staff at the moment to arrange for 20 days between now and this time next year.

I learnt a lot on the day myself, and can see how I can make these type of days a lot better next time around.

Catch you all in the soup

texmo
2nd July 2006, 19:20
Fucking homo's... you guys are as bad as Bruce and Daryl...
Come on bro get real, no one is as bad as them...

Two Smoker
3rd July 2006, 11:12
Come on bro get real, no one is as bad as them...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to texmo again.

Yeah i guess so...

texmo
3rd July 2006, 16:46
Email sent to shaun, Thanks for the reply dude I really appreicate it man.

kiwifruit
6th July 2007, 17:38
be really cool to have another day like this, the walk around the track with Shaun was priceless

sAsLEX
6th July 2007, 21:16
be really cool to have another day like this, the walk around the track with Shaun was priceless

Might need to give him a little bit of time.......... or push him around