PDA

View Full Version : What went wrong?

Korea
25th June 2006, 18:35
From the last ride report:

...blasting around at silly speeds in a carpark is asking for trouble and soon enough someone low-sided my 125, breaking the handlebar, clutch lever, and left footpeg in the process.
Here's a short clip of the slip...

The idea was to complete 10 laps in the shortest time possible (pretty silly really, but mighty fun :p ).

Speed wasn't phenomenal... So, what do you think went wrong exactly?

Rep for best explaination/insults/general mockery!

DemonWolf
25th June 2006, 18:42
sounds like they got on the gas too quickly. I guess its not too expensive to get fixed eh?

paturoa
25th June 2006, 18:47
looks like the rear went first.

Korea
25th June 2006, 18:53
sounds like they got on the gas too quickly. I guess its not too expensive to get fixed eh?
Yeah, I reckon the gas had something to do with it, but also the steering~
Luckily the cheapos parts here had it sorted for under $20. But imported bits are pricey~ I'd hate to do the same to the RR.

Sketchy_Racer
25th June 2006, 19:31
well no wonder.....

Silly bugger had his knee draging along.

T.W.R
25th June 2006, 20:15
Suicide pebble shoulder charged the front wheel or the angry bumble bee chasing him caught up & jumped on the left hand grip :innocent:

Korea
29th June 2006, 16:13
On closer inspection I can see that on his last corner he went a bit wider than before. He probably didn't turn in enough, or got on the gas too early.
When he realised he was going wide he tried to turn again - while still on the gas.
There was not much lean angle left and the skinny tyre was already on the limit of traction with the gas on hard.
Back let go and the rest is history.

I think the lesson here is if you've bollocksed-up your line, wait until the next corner to correct it - mid corner corrections don't work very well...

Finn
29th June 2006, 16:21
He got dizzy and fell over?

SwanTiger
29th June 2006, 16:34
After watching it a few times at different speeds I'd have to agree with you.

I thought that he moved to quickly on the seat at first, upsetting the rear, but on closer inspection the front gives way first.

Ever tried changing gear mid corner banked over? That's fun.

On closer inspection I can see that on his last corner he went a bit wider than before. He probably didn't turn in enough, or got on the gas too early.
When he realised he was going wide he tried to turn again - while still on the gas.
There was not much lean angle left and the skinny tyre was already on the limit of traction with the gas on hard.
Back let go and the rest is history.

I think the lesson here is if you've bollocksed-up your line, wait until the next corner to correct it - mid corner corrections don't work very well...

GR81
29th June 2006, 16:34
He got dizzy and fell over?
2 votes for that 1! :)