PDA

View Full Version : New Bike - Wet Seat

aiki
25th June 2006, 19:47
Has anyone had this problem before, I noticed today my new Suzuki S83 seat has soaked up the last few days rain, if I push down on it water cascades out the bottom edge and along the tops seams. Bugger:sick:
I'll take it in to Wgtn Motorcyles 2moro and tell them i need a new replacement seat, there is no visible holes or tears and it didn't happen to the previous Suzuki S40 or for that matter any other bike I've owned.
I just hope i don't get the "it's just one of things that happen" reply from the shop, which i get when I complain about the squeeling brake pads.:argue:

paturoa
25th June 2006, 19:56
I might have - what colour was the water?

aiki
25th June 2006, 19:58
I might have - what colour was the water?
not yellow:moon: if thats what you mean

Zapf
25th June 2006, 20:00
lol... they might say its a "feature" that is not mentioned in the manual.... well lets hope not

paturoa
25th June 2006, 20:03
not yellow:moon: if thats what you mean

thats where i was heading...

seriously though, that sucks as it will have a metal stuff in it that will have already started rusting - perhaps it wil be a redish brown colour soon - point that out to the bike shop.

aiki
lol... they might say its a "feature" that is not mentioned in the manual.... well lets hope not
Yeah they could say it is balast.:blip:

Motu
And that's not normal these days? Has the world passed me by again?

aiki
25th June 2006, 20:07
thats where i was heading...

seriously though, that sucks as it will have a metal stuff in it that will have already started rusting - perhaps it wil be a redish brown colour soon - point that out to the bike shop.
Yeah thanks for that, I noticed the water left quite a mark as it splashed the hot exhaust so it probably isn't clear. I'm not talking a drip or two it literally pored out when I squeezed the seat.

GSXRjohn
25th June 2006, 20:18
How come that feature did not come built into my GSXR

Nice wet seat

rfc85
25th June 2006, 21:11
A water cooled seat, good for hot dayz maybe ?

Mr. Peanut
25th June 2006, 21:15
You left your new bike in the rain? :gob:

Let me look after it for you :yes: