PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Kawhia - 19th April

wkid_one
17th April 2003, 03:08
RIDE TO KAWHIA..........................

When:                 Saturday, 19th April

Where:                Meet at Autobahn at 9am (ish), leave at 9.15am

How:                   Go via Rangiriri (miss motorway roadworks out)

Why:                   Do you need a reason?

For those who don't know - 60% open road - wicked good speeds........40% twisty slighter tighter - yay......

Let me know numbers so we can wait for those wanted to come

ph 021 411814
Email daniel.symons@paradise.net.nz

Check those tyre pressures, lube that chain and get a pass out (betta still bring them), .......

See you there............

D

BigB
17th April 2003, 03:26
Hi Wkid

Where in, you have my numbers.

See you Saturday.

:D :D

wkid_one
17th April 2003, 03:47
LOL - I had already assumed you were coming!

Slim
17th April 2003, 05:45
I would love to meet up with you guys for a ride out on Saturday, but I'll be sleeping. :(

Night shift for Easter Weekend - my only consolation is 2 days-in-lieu & some wicked overtime payments. :rolleyes:

Coldkiwi
17th April 2003, 06:44
you'll see me there

bikerboy
17th April 2003, 07:06
Wkid, you sure run a tight ship, fifteen minute wait.!:confused:

I'll be there weather permitting, you know those of us with italian bikes don't like to get wet, not a good look:p

My number is 021 680 088.

MikeL
17th April 2003, 08:39
Sounds like fun. I'll be there unless it's p*ssing down. Mobile 025 6499037.

Coldkiwi
18th April 2003, 01:12
I second that... I don't own an italian stallion but I just don't like getting wet! I have to put up with that during the week and see no need to punish myself further in the w/e. lets just hope its a nice day!

wkid_one
19th April 2003, 00:52
For Northland Auckland and Coromandel Peninsula
Cloudy periods with a few showers, turning to rain tomorrow afternoon

http://www.metservice.co.nz/forecasts/short.asp every bike riders friend

bikerboy
19th April 2003, 08:45
Hmmm, that doesn't sound promising.:(

BigB
20th April 2003, 05:50
Hi Dan

Thanks for today, Tracey & I had a great day.

Any ideas on what the cop's were doing at Huntly???

cheers

B

MikeL
20th April 2003, 05:57
Dan
Thanks - it was a great ride - even though I only managed to catch up with you at the destination!!:bash:
(Memo to myself for future reference: Autobahn = Autobahn Papakura, NOT Autobahn Bombay).
Mike

bikerboy
20th April 2003, 07:35
:) Thanks to dan a great day and a great ride. Managed to miss the cops, just, and the rain.

Came home tired and happy until..... the reserve light came on one block from home. As I was tired I thougfht it'll keep till tomorrow but then I thought if I go riding tomorrow I'll wish I filled up.

So I stopped, fueled up, waited for all the bumbling fools at the till. Got on the Bike and pulled out into traffic, quickly, due to heavy traffic and what pull out behind me from a cross street? Mr Plod and he claimed I was doing 85 kph in the ten feet I travelled from the gas station.! That cost me $400 and 40 points F***********CK!!!!!!:brick: :brick: :brick:

Marmoot
20th April 2003, 08:31
No Way?!?!?!?! That s*cks....
Anyway, great day, thank's Dan.
Me and 250 went back through Waingaro way again but it was wet on the first 30%. Great though. Knackered and Happy :)
Greatest ride for this year yet

wari
20th April 2003, 11:41
Originally posted by bikerboy
:) Thanks to dan a great day and a great ride. Managed to miss the cops, just, and the rain.

Came home tired and happy until..... the reserve light came on one block from home. As I was tired I thougfht it'll keep till tomorrow but then I thought if I go riding tomorrow I'll wish I filled up.

So I stopped, fueled up, waited for all the bumbling fools at the till. Got on the Bike and pulled out into traffic, quickly, due to heavy traffic and what pull out behind me from a cross street? Mr Plod and he claimed I was doing 85 kph in the ten feet I travelled from the gas station.! That cost me $400 and 40 points F***********CK!!!!!!:brick: :brick: :brick:

Hey man , how could he get an accurate reading in built up traffic ?

That just sucks big time ...

Yesterday morning on my way home from work , saw the blue and red flashing lights roaring up behind me ... I pull over to the left like a good citizen should ... cop races past . Fair enough.  A k or so down the road and here he is at a red light , about to turn up the road to the "station" , no lights on anymore and proceeded very quietly off at the green ... he musta been late for knock off or smoko eh.

Not complaining mind ...

wkid_one
20th April 2003, 12:59
Don't mention it guys - was a good ride.  Have to agree with Marmoot in that it was one of the best thus far - thanks for showing us the back roads down - wicked roads, usual first time jitters - but completely cop free...

BikerBoy - my god - contest it in court!

Goddess of Goof
20th April 2003, 22:33
Biker Boy

SP and I have just read your post and we reckon the following might be useful:

I've heard that if you write a letter to them quickly, setting out why you are objecting and why you are going to get legal advice and why you are going to fight it all the way to Court, the cop's boss gets to read your letter. And if you look more trouble than it's worth, they then write a snooty letter back, giving some lame excuse as to why they won't be prosecuting you this time.

Fight it. The pen is mightier than the sword.

Marmoot
20th April 2003, 22:51
I've tried that. Me got a ticket together with me brother on another bike, at the SAME time, SAME speed, SAME everything (that's what the letter said). I'd heard that they can't lock on to two bikes at the same time.

Wrote to them, and received a letter saying "Yes they can and if you want we'll go to court together" sort of answer. Well, can't argue with that, I've got no data.
Probably because both of us worth about $650 altogether and they know legal advice would cost me more.

But hey, you have 56 days anyway, so why not just try. See if you're luckier than us :)

Marmoot
20th April 2003, 22:52
Also, (wkid one), I dunno why that road is Cop Free...but hey who's complaining? :)
No cops around that road for the last 3.5 years, and I hope no cops around for another 3.5 centuries from now.

Coldkiwi
22nd April 2003, 12:17
Bikerboy... you poor poor bugger! Its worth writing the letter anyway. Flesh it out a bit and make it legalistic (just borrow the terms of engagement from any services firm you've worked with for a good example:D )

At least they didn't ping you on the open road doing how many kph over? :)

bikerboy
22nd April 2003, 17:50
:D I keep telling myself that, but if caught when you are guilty it doesn't feel so outrageous as when you're innocent.

I guess it all evens out in the end ?:(

SPman
22nd April 2003, 17:55
[I guess it all evens out in the end ]

No it doesn't!

Fight the pricks!

bikerboy
22nd April 2003, 18:14
:) Thanks guys for all the moral support!

Also thanks to Marmoot for his expertise in guiding us through the fine roads on Saturday's ride,.and a big wow to his mate, Alan 1?. For anyone who thinks you nneed a big bike to fly should see this guy ride.

Excellent style and I've never seen a 250 goe so fast and look so effortless doing it.:eek: