PDA

View Full Version : Wanted:Gear Lever for a zxr250c

nedj
25th May 2004, 16:17
Anybody out there have a gear lever for ZXR250C '94 they would like to part with. Its not the straight lever but the one that is made of some obscure alloy and looks like a bananna shape.
I have tried most of the wreckers but sadly this lever is more scares than the holy grail.
:buggerd: :buggerd: :buggerd:

nedj
26th May 2004, 16:27
Ok, Finally found one, Not in the country but found one.
Thanks to all that read the ad :2thumbsup

aff-man
26th May 2004, 17:10
hahahahahahahahaha welcome to the world of scarce parts i know how you feel

curious george
26th May 2004, 21:03
So what's a new one worth?
It was $45 for my RGV. Was it worth all the hassle not to buy new?

nedj
27th May 2004, 08:38
Lets just say , exchange rate + Postage + Parts Value = half of what the kawasaki agent wanted to charge me. In short it was worth it. :gob:

Spaz
30th April 2005, 23:13
who'd you get the parts from? I'm after some front discs (which are maybe even more scarce than gear levers) for my 92 ZXR250C and a pair of front indicators.

loosebruce
1st May 2005, 01:55
who'd you get the parts from? I'm after some front discs (which are maybe even more scarce than gear levers) for my 92 ZXR250C and a pair of front indicators.

I might have some indicators for ya, one front one is toast i think, shit i dunno, it's all in the garage and that means getting up, but when i get to the garage i'll check em out, you can have em for free if they're any good.
Disc's, you wont believe how much they cost OE, try FGB, i believe they use your carriers and make up new disc's to fit on them, proberly your cheapest option going new, 2nd hand though is all good if you can find em.

broke the TL's gear lever, new one $170 (fark), so a 6m bolt and a couple of lock nuts later and a bit of rubber hose and i'm away laughing again, well not really laughing, more like hanging my head in shame at the state of the TL :no:

BNZ
1st May 2005, 12:05
Anybody out there have a gear lever for ZXR250C '94 they would like to part with. Its not the straight lever but the one that is made of some obscure alloy and looks like a bananna shape.
I have tried most of the wreckers but sadly this lever is more scares than the holy grail.
:buggerd: :buggerd: :buggerd:

Atomic Wreckers on Barrys point rd is normally pretty well stocked. Check in with the boys at Spectrum as well, as they can be quite good at finding these parts (and can source OEM parts).

Also there is a dude on tradem at the mo who stacked a ZXR250 and is selling the wreck piece by piece. And dont even think of buying his coils, there mine! :mad: