PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wgtn Ride Sunday 2 July to Lake Ferry!

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:04
Alrighty the weather is looking OK at this point so lets aim for Sunday.

Meeting Place: Caltex Rimutaka aka Rimutex

Meeting Time: 11 am. So the roads can dry off a bit...

Departure Time: 11:15 am.

Destination: Lake Ferry Pub for lunch.

Ok, so im a slower rider but riders of all paces welcome as long as we have a few meeting points. Rimutaka Summit, bottom of the Takas (Featherston side) and maybe a couple of other places along the way... To be completely honest I dont actually remember how to get to Lake Ferry so i'll be relying on those that turn up to show me the way!

See ya'll there!

Colapop
27th June 2006, 10:07
If you get to Napier you've gone too far.

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:08
If you get to Napier you've gone too far.

If I got to Napier I'd be wondering why I hadnt needed to get more gas along the way ACTUALLY! :nya:

phoenixgtr
27th June 2006, 10:14
Yes. My bike took a tank and a half each way and your tanks smaller than mine.

Sorry about the grumpyness in the other thread. I really need this ride!!

sels1
27th June 2006, 10:14
ha, just posted on the other thread. Yeah I could be a starter but I do prefer Sunday if thats an option. Will monitor the forecast

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:16
Yeah I could be a starter but I do prefer Sunday if thats an opyion.

OK, if majority prefers Sunday then we can make it Sunday. What does everyone else think?

Wasp
27th June 2006, 10:27
meh, dont care really, sunday gives me more time to get the bike sorted though

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:37
Alrighty, I have had a couple of pm's etc to change the day to Sunday. So Sunday it is! I have pmed a mod and asked them to change the date in the title to Sunday 2nd July so hopefully that'll be done soon!
Ya'll best be hoping that the weather is good on Sunday cause if its not I vill kill you!

Wasp
27th June 2006, 10:39
heh, i said i dont care remember so you cant kill me (its gonna piss down :yes:)

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:42
heh, i said i dont care remember so you cant kill me (its gonna piss down :yes:)

Whatever matey, I cannot be held responsible for my physchotic episodes or tourette outburts! Just make sure that your there!

Kendog
27th June 2006, 10:49
Hey Hels, will hopefully be able to make it. Really need a ride!:zzzz:

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:52
Hey Hels, will hopefully be able to make it. Really need a ride!:zzzz:

Yay! It'd be good to see you! :D

phoenixgtr
27th June 2006, 10:54
Thats cool. If it's good on Sat I'll prob go for a short ride anyway, just in case and then if it's good on Sunday too, I'll be a happy man!!

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:55
Thats cool. If it's good on Sat I'll prob go for a short ride anyway, just in case and then if it's good on Sunday too, I'll be a happy man!!

Text me if you do Im keen to go out both days! (my mans going away for awhile :bye: )

Colapop
27th June 2006, 10:56
If I got to Napier I'd be wondering why I hadnt needed to get more gas along the way ACTUALLY! :nya:
Haven't you still got that little bottle of weedeater gas? That'd be enough to get you anywhere in NZ wouldn't it..:wait:

phoenixgtr
27th June 2006, 10:58
Text me if you do Im keen to go out both days! (my mans going away for awhile :bye: )

Will do Hells

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 10:58
Haven't you still got that little bottle of weedeater gas? That'd be enough to get you anywhere in NZ wouldn't it..:wait:

Actually its interesting that you metion that.... My garden has once again become a Jungle, thanks rain! Any chance of borrowing it again?... Then im gonna spray round up on it, that'll sort the bloody weeds out once and for all!

Colapop
27th June 2006, 11:04
Yep, a ride to Lake Ferry would be luverly.... Hmm now to find a bike....

Kendog
27th June 2006, 11:21
Yay! It'd be good to see you! :D

Yeah, for sure!! I'll be saying goodbye to my twentys on Thursday :bye: and am going to have another go at giving up the smokes:doobey: , so will need something to do with my hands and distract me.:scooter:
Mrs KD.

Hawkeye
27th June 2006, 11:43
If I can rack up enough points between now and then, I'll be there.
Now, where did I put that paint brush......

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 11:44
If I can rack up enough points between now and then, I'll be there.
Now, where did I put that paint brush......

lol, im guessing your meaning your 'woman'? If so good luck, will be good to meet you!

MikeyG
27th June 2006, 11:46
You lucky buggers. This will be the third weekend this month that I am going to be away from my bike. I don't know how I'm holding up.

Was over there about 6 weeks ago, looks like a nice road to ride with a pub at the end serving cold beer in front of a hot fire.

phoenixgtr
27th June 2006, 11:54
lol, im guessing your meaning your 'woman'? If so good luck, will be good to meet you!

I'm lucky cause my woman is starting to feel sorry for me cause I haven't been able to ride

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 11:55
I'm lucky cause my woman is starting to feel sorry for me cause I haven't been able to ride

:gob: Oh dear God! No wonder its so cold, Hell has frozen over!!!!

poorbastard
27th June 2006, 12:54
Shit 11am that will be just about the earliest I would have got up these holidays. Hmmm I'll try not to drink too much on sat nite then. See you all there if I manage to get my ass out of bed.

phoenixgtr
27th June 2006, 13:07
:gob: Oh dear God! No wonder its so cold, Hell has frozen over!!!!

Nice one! :first:

Wasp
27th June 2006, 13:11
hmmmm i think a trip to supacheap to buy some techron additive to clean my carbs is in order, cant let you slow pokes pass me on the hill now can i... :bleh:

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 13:31
hmmmm i think a trip to supacheap to buy some techron additive to clean my carbs is in order, cant let you slow pokes pass me on the hill now can i... :bleh:

Well no, I need someone to follow to Lake Ferry.... Just make sure you've got enough gas eh?! :p

Wasp
27th June 2006, 13:38
Its a straight road girl! (ok so i got lost once around that area too)

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 15:00
Its a straight road girl! (ok so i got lost once around that area too)

Yep! A dead straight wind-blown road. Only been there once before and im not sure if I liked it....

Quasievil
27th June 2006, 16:25
I have pmed a mod and asked them to change the date in the title to Sunday 2nd July so hopefully that'll be done soon!

Done sorry for the delay, im at a trade show in Auckland and havent had computer access.
nice work organising a ride dude:yes:

Uncle B
27th June 2006, 17:14
Hell's is a Dude :nya:

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 18:26
Hell's is a Dude :nya:

Yep thats right mate! :p

You coming or what?

Madness
27th June 2006, 18:54
Eleven on Sunday huh...:blip:

Sounds blinking wonderful to me. I have unfinished business at Lake Ferry...:shutup:

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 19:22
Sounds blinking wonderful to me. I have unfinished business at Lake Ferry...:shutup:

Bloody Hell mate, keep your sex life to yourself! Jesus :p

Be good to see ya on sunday!

MattRSK
27th June 2006, 19:36
Hey I would like to come along also. Should be pretty easy to get to Rimutex by 11 from palmy. Is there still snow and crap down there. That will be a new experience for me. I know the way to Lake Ferry. I wonder if im allowed back there???

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 19:39
Is there still snow and crap down there. That will be a new experience for me.

Excellent question! Can anyone answer it?...

Slingshot
27th June 2006, 19:51
Excellent question! Can anyone answer it?...

When over the Takas on Sunday and there was snow on the ranges but none on the hill itself.

I might grace y'all with my presence...but we'll see :zzzz:

Str8 Jacket
27th June 2006, 21:33
When over the Takas on Sunday and there was snow on the ranges but none on the hill itself.

I might grace y'all with my presence...but we'll see :zzzz:

Cool, should be all good with a bit of caution then.

Go on, come along you can sleep when you get back....

Uncle B
27th June 2006, 22:24
Yep thats right mate! :p

You coming or what?
Maybe Dude

If I do make it, I'll go tail end charlie................and yes I'll empty the trailer just for you. :blah:

VasalineWarrior
27th June 2006, 22:34
Sorry team prob wont be able to make it this time. One word sums up my opinion on this. Arse.

ldnz
28th June 2006, 00:20
I might see if I can get down as well. Badly need to blast the KR out, its been sans petrol money for a week now! Might ride down with ya Matt? I wanna thrash paikak hill again.

knight rider
28th June 2006, 01:10
I should be able to make it (fingers crossed) bikes getting new sparkies oil change & carbs cleaned this week. am taking it in today so hopefully it's all done before Sundays ride. Been a while since I've been for a ride

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 07:53
Maybe Dude

If I do make it, I'll go tail end charlie................and yes I'll empty the trailer just for you. :blah:

Cool thanks..... :p

Slides
28th June 2006, 09:58
11 this Sunday?
Just back from a holiday down south and need an excuse to see if the bike still runs.... hopefully see u there!

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 10:23
11 this Sunday?

Yep, thats correctamundo!

Be good to see you there :)

Wasp
28th June 2006, 11:11
11 is a tad late isnt it? i hope thats departure time, or are we having a late lunch?

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 12:15
11 is a tad late isnt it? i hope thats departure time, or are we having a late lunch?

11:15 is de-par-ture time so that the roads may have dried of a bit... Also who said lunch has to be at 12, sometimes I end up having lunch at 2 or even 3pm! Also I have training in the morning so I need time to get to caltex, my bike only goes up to 170...

Cheers Doug, I have edited the first post to include a departure time.

Wasp
28th June 2006, 12:23
ok, i have trouble getting out of bed these days anyway.

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 12:24
ok, i have trouble getting out of bed these days anyway.

Would you prefer that we meet outside your house? :p

phoenixgtr
28th June 2006, 12:24
my bike only goes up to 170...

Hey, thats better than 140 (with a tail wind)

So did you test the top speed???

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 12:26
Hey, thats better than 140 (with a tail wind)

So did you test the top speed???

The GN got really bad speed wobbles when it got to 130 (only with a tail wind) it was a crack up!

Got to test the top speed at Manfeild...

phoenixgtr
28th June 2006, 12:33
Ohhh...I forgot about Manfield.

The fixer doesn't get speed wobbles, it just redlines in 6th at about 140. Very depressing.

I really want to ride something bigger, just to see what it's like. All I've ever ridden is my fixer

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 12:36
The fixer doesn't get speed wobbles, it just redlines in 6th at about 140. Very depressing.

I dont bother with 6th gear on the KR... its slower than 5th!

phoenixgtr
28th June 2006, 12:41
The fixer redlines at 120 in 5th, so I kind of need 6th

Wasp
28th June 2006, 12:41
yea, ive enver had problems with speed wobbles either (unless i cause em) very depressing doing 180 and 14k :( still, it was tugging a little bit more though

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2006, 12:52
yea, ive enver had problems with speed wobbles either (unless i cause em) very depressing doing 180 and 14k :( still, it was tugging a little bit more though

Well the GN was a "special bike"... speed wobbles and barrier poles were its specialty!
My bike only goes up to 12K but when it hits 8.5-9 the powerband kicks in and it holds it own nicely. I love my bike :D

MikeyG
28th June 2006, 12:55
I've only had the GN up to 90, but then I'm a bit more generously proportioned than Hels

hsvboy06
28th June 2006, 14:16
The fixer redlines at 120 in 5th, so I kind of need 6th
The SV does 120 in 6th at about 5,000rpm. Redline is 11,000 - Lord only knows what speed that would be.

phoenixgtr
28th June 2006, 15:25
You coming on Sunday Si?

Wasp
28th June 2006, 15:57
right, bikes booked into tss on friday

new front and rear tyres, rear brake pads, service (oil+filter, bleed brakes (plugs, airfilter, chain already done), gonna go round there after work today and see Stew (and ask him if he wants to come riding with us) cos i booked it on the phone with one of the mechs.

hsvboy06
28th June 2006, 16:10
I'm not sure if I'll be able to join you or not. I just moved house, and I've got heaps of things to do. It may be a matter of waiting to see how much I get done on Sat.

phoenixgtr
28th June 2006, 16:24
Fair enough. It would be good to see you if you do make it

MattRSK
28th June 2006, 17:42
I might see if I can get down as well. Badly need to blast the KR out, its been sans petrol money for a week now! Might ride down with ya Matt? I wanna thrash paikak hill again.
Yeah mate that would be cool. Its very average riding back to palmy by myself.

Wasp
28th June 2006, 18:21
right, went to tss after work, met skelstar there, chatted for ages

im gonna leave the tyres till after this ride atleast, still getting a service and a "tune-up" though :blip:

also apparently tss is having a ride to lake ferry on sunday too, but they're leaving tss at 10 ish i think so... i suggest we set the departure time earlier a bit to at least 11 on the dot.

MattRSK
28th June 2006, 22:02
Hey Guys and Gals. The bank balance is looking good for a ride on sunday. Just letting you know that it will be my second time over the takas, so I will be a little nervous. But I will not admit that. Hopefully ldnz will come along as well and anyone else from palmy who is keen. Maybe someone who knows some backroads to Martinborough, as I will probably go mental having to go through Eketehuna again on that really, really long straight, boring road. But wont cry if I have to. Well I look forward to meeting some more of the Welly Crew. I love wellington so much can you adopt me???? :yes: .

ldnz
28th June 2006, 22:43
You take your KR up to 12k? I haven't risked that on mine - its already getting pretty rattly :angry:

ldnz
28th June 2006, 22:46
wow I just skipped a whole page. oops. Yeah i'm definitly coming down for this one. I was thinking of heading down to welly via paikak hill, and meeting up with the rest of you lot for the run to Lake ferry, and then back via some shady (as yet unknown) roads and the paihiatua track.

poorbastard
28th June 2006, 23:55
Hmmm was planning on coming but someone may have put a stop to that tonight by crashing my bike:mad: and no before anyone asks it wasn't me:nya: Ill have a closer look in the morning as see the rest of the damage. But it may have to miss out and let you all go without me:bye:

ldnz
29th June 2006, 00:25
Bugger - kick their arse!

StoneChucker
29th June 2006, 00:28
Screw you fuckers, I hope it rains!!!!!:nya: :nya: :nya:

PS: I might tag along in my new "bike". Although people look at me funny when I wear a helmet and make bike noises along the way, I say up yours arsehole, I'm special :doobey:

(Remember, with your support I can do even more - tv add)

James Deuce
29th June 2006, 00:31
also apparently tss is having a ride to lake ferry on sunday too, but they're leaving tss at 10 ish i think so... i suggest we set the departure time earlier a bit to at least 11 on the dot.

Errr - why?

James Deuce
29th June 2006, 00:32

PS: I might tag along in my new "bike". Although people look at me funny when I wear a helmet and make bike noises along the way, I say up yours arsehole, I'm special :doobey:

Looking forward to meeting hte new "bike". I'm keen to see what came out of all that deliberation.

knight rider
29th June 2006, 00:39
Hmmm was planning on coming but someone may have put a stop to that tonight by crashing my bike:mad: and no before anyone asks it wasn't me:nya: Ill have a closer look in the morning as see the rest of the damage. But it may have to miss out and let you all go without me:bye:

That sucks poos man.

Would've been good to see you come along & show us some of your weelie skills on the zxr250.

Still always next time

StoneChucker
29th June 2006, 00:41
Looking forward to meeting hte new "bike". I'm keen to see what came out of all that deliberation.
White '89 Toyota Familia, black bonnet, 9" exhaust, tinted windows, blow-off valve (no turbo), Blue neons, phat mags.

Think you gonna keep up?

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 06:44

We are meeting at Caltex at 11 the departure time is 11.15. Sorry if it sounds a bit rude but thats whats been organised and I have to be somwhere before we meet up so cannnot make it any earlier.

James Deuce
29th June 2006, 07:53
White '89 Toyota Familia, black bonnet, 9" exhaust, tinted windows, blow-off valve (no turbo), Blue neons, phat mags.

Think you gonna keep up?

Too bitchin' for me man!

Uncle B
29th June 2006, 08:05

Think you gonna keep up?
Them's fight'n words

Bring it on Ding Dong

sels1
29th June 2006, 08:13

Hey Dave, when are you going to buy that ute to carry the beer and bbq round for us on kb rides?

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:15

Hey Stoney, it'd be awesome if you came along. Looks like the weathers gonna be OK too :D

Remember- Mental illness is only a state of mind! :p

Wasp
29th June 2006, 08:16
o.k. 11:15 it is :( i need to check my tyres on the hill though.....

I guess this also means we're not stopping for coffee in martinborough? and probably taking the east-west access road?

even then were looking at a 1-1:30 lunch at the earliest

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:19

Dude, if you want to go on the TSS ride feel free! Im not gonna mind, however I also think that it would be a better idea for us to leave later anyway as the groups wont get all messed up etc and that way we know whats happening with the KBers should anything happen. Also the pub will find it easier if two seperate groups came instead of one HUGE group. Otherwise we may be waiting for awhile for our food....

Wasp
29th June 2006, 08:21
ok.... i was just thinking of my stomach as always.

Otherwise we may be waiting for awhile for our food....
very good point!

Drum
29th June 2006, 08:24
I hope to be able to make it to my first KB ride on Sunday and put some faces to names.

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:35
ok.... i was just thinking of my stomach as always.

lol, dont worry im always hungry too! Im just gonna have a big breakfast of bacon and eggs before I leave...

DRUM- Be good to meet ya!

Wasp
29th June 2006, 08:41
well if thats whats holding you up in the morning then skip breaky like the rest of us and have lunch on time!

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:44
well if thats whats holding you up in the morning then skip breaky like the rest of us and have lunch on time!

Mate your a tryer, I'll give you that :). But im not changing my mind on the departure time!!!

phoenixgtr
29th June 2006, 08:50
Hehe, this is funny watching you 2 argue. In need some popcorn or something :corn:

Sundays still looking ok as far as weathers concerned.

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:52
Hehe, this is funny watching you 2 argue. In need some popcorn or something :corn:

Its called a discussion Tristan! :nya:

Wasp
29th June 2006, 08:53

and im discussted.... ok time to work now :sick: :whocares:

Str8 Jacket
29th June 2006, 08:58
and im discussted....

Is that when you are no longer able to cuss? Or are you disgusted? :blah:

phoenixgtr
29th June 2006, 08:58

Oh...I'm sorry :laugh:

sels1
29th June 2006, 13:30
Just had a chat to the forecast room and it looks like being a good day on Sunday. Nothing significant until Northerlies pick up in the evening. See you all there!

Wasp
29th June 2006, 13:34
oh great, sels says it gonna be fine - i still remember waht happened last time he said that..... yea it rained but i had a great ride :D

cheers for that post sels, i was becomming increasingly bored and unable to dodge work.

James Deuce
29th June 2006, 17:16

I guess this also means we're not stopping for coffee in martinborough? and probably taking the east-west access road?

Awww, poor wee man won't be back home in time for his afternoon bottle and nap time.

Madness
29th June 2006, 17:26

2 hours from Caltex to Lake Ferry? Time to trade that Bandit in I think Wasp. :innocent:

Wasp
29th June 2006, 17:55
just accouting for the later than stated departure, the stop on the hill to perv at bikes, stop in feathers etc oh and the stop to perv at the tss guys bikes....

and the fact that comming back into u.h valley its gonna be freeeeeezing :cold:

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 07:01
just accouting for the later than stated departure, the stop on the hill to perv at bikes, stop in feathers etc oh and the stop to perv at the tss guys bikes....

and the fact that comming back into u.h valley its gonna be freeeeeezing :cold:

Jeepers boy, what you on?! Give it up already! We are going on a KB ride not a TSS ride, that is unless your having an identity crisis or something? :p

As far as im concerned lunch at 1 or 1.30 IS lunchtime and who said that we would be having all those stops?

Yes we'll definately wait at the summit and then again in Featherston for everyone to catch up and then all we need is people waiting at any turns of the main road but thats mainly for my benefit as Im not to sure exactly how to get there....

Sorry if your scared of the cold, try putting on more clothes or something! :nya:

phoenixgtr
30th June 2006, 08:52
Hehehe

I'm excited. Weathers looking good

Fingers crossed everybody

Wasp
30th June 2006, 10:52
yea, im looking forwards to it too

bikes in the shop atm, tss gave me a brand new Hyosung GV250 (its a cruiser) to ride to work, kudos to you guys! (i put its 130th km on it). i must admit that i sorta like it, it handles nice, looks allright, needs the motor from the vtz put in it though to make it any good, its vtwin sucks...

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 10:55

YAY! I was getting a wee bit worried....

phoenixgtr
30th June 2006, 11:27

bikes in the shop atm, tss gave me a brand new Hyosung GV250 (its a cruiser) to ride to work, kudos to you guys! (i put its 130th km on it). i must admit that i sorta like it, it handles nice, looks allright, needs the motor from the vtz put in it though to make it any good, its vtwin sucks...

You're not gonna go out and buy a cruiser are you?

I really want this ride.

I'll be able to stop making engine noises as I walk round the office. People are starting to look at me funny.

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 11:28
I'll be able to stop making engine noises as I walk round the office. People are starting to look at me funny.

Wear your helmet... they wont know who you are then...

Wasp
30th June 2006, 11:34
nah not going to buy me a cruiser, its a comfy nice bike but its too "soft" for me, plus commuting on it would be stupid for me.

BBBRRRRRRRMMMMMMM, BAAAAAAARRRPPPPPP, RRRRrrrmmmmmmm - Brap, rrrrmmmmmmmmmm, chugg chugga chugga. bbbbbrrrrRRRRRRRMMMMMMM.....

like that phoenix?

edit: oh yea tss just called, bikes ready - im going to ride there at lunch n swap the bikes back. YIPPPEEE oh and mabye go for a ride :shifty:

phoenixgtr
30th June 2006, 11:39
Wear your helmet... they wont know who you are then...

Nah that won't work. I'm the only biker in the office and they all know my helmet

P.S. Nice engine sounds Wasp

Uncle B
30th June 2006, 12:33
Nutters.....all of you

Madjacket is the leader :nya:

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 12:36
Nutters.....all of you

Watch it buddy!!

Is the trailer ready to go?... :innocent:

poorbastard
30th June 2006, 12:40
With a closer look at the bike and a few tweaks, pushes and bends shes back on the road just looks like crap but she goes so I will see you all there on sunday.

And Wasp stop bloody complaining about the time I have enough trouble getting out of bed already without having to get up any earlier.

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 12:41
With a closer look at the bike and a few tweaks, pushes and bends shes back on the road just looks like crap but she goes so I will see you all there on sunday.

And Wasp stop bloody complaining about the time I have enough trouble getting out of bed already withpout having to get up any earlier.

Yay, thats the attitude! Your bike will go nicely with mine and Idnz's KR's...

poorbastard
30th June 2006, 12:43
Yay, thats the attitude! Your bike will go nicely with mine and Idnz's KR's...

Now just to find a temporary right indicator or give my wiring skills a test at least.

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 12:45
Now just to find a temporary right indicator or give my wiring skills a test at least.

Whats the damage to it? Could it be fixed with duc tape and/or knead it, or do you need the whole inidcator?...

poorbastard
30th June 2006, 12:51
Duc tape, a bit of rewiring as the wiring was riped out of the light and posibly damaged on the bike as well, we will see. But it will give me something to do at work tonight. Found the indicator the morning after which was quite lucky.

Str8 Jacket
30th June 2006, 12:54
Duc tape, a bit of rewiring as the wiring was riped out of the light and posibly damaged on the bike as well, we will see. But it will give me something to do at work tonight. Found the indicator the morning after which was quite lucky.

Kewl, sounds hopeful. Yell out if you need a hand with anything...

Wasp
30th June 2006, 12:55
pah, i had enough trouble getting out of bed this morn, wake up, look at the time SHIT ITS FUCKING 20 to 8! shower get dressed, put my eyes in, leave my place about 5 to 8, hoon down the hill to the bike shop (im quite sure those tyres will last a tad longer now), get there, sort stuff out. ending up getting to work sligtly late (8.30) and then went and grabbed maccas.

what followed whas a shit morning of eating maccas (cold now) and fixing really simple but time consuming problems with about 20 laptops....

good luck with the wiring pb, if you need a hand i can pop up there

poorbastard
30th June 2006, 12:57
pah, i had enough trouble getting out of bed this morn, wake up, look at the time SHIT ITS FUCKING 20 to 8! shower get dressed, put my eyes in, leave my place about 5 to 8, hoon down the hill to the bike shop (im quite sure those tyres will last a tad longer now), get there, sort stuff out. ending up getting to work sligtly late (8.30) and then went and grabbed maccas.

what followed whas a shit morning of eating maccas (cold now) and fixing really simple but time consuming problems with about 20 laptops....

And this is why im a lazy student who sleeps in every day:zzzz: and works nights:yes:

Wasp
30th June 2006, 13:01
oh yea, my bandits back from the shop, goes nice now :)

that GV gave me cramps....

Uncle B
30th June 2006, 13:14
Watch it buddy!!
Pah! You don't scare me (gulp)

Just make sure your bike is up to it. :nya:

sels1
30th June 2006, 21:19

if the cap fits.......

knight rider
30th June 2006, 21:47
got my bike back from Richards motorcycles so I'm all go for Sunday. That is of course if it's not raining. Bike runs so much better now that the carbs have been cleaned

Insanity_rules
30th June 2006, 22:11
Well if the mighty VTZ is out of captivity I'll be there too. Need a ride. Unless someone has a loaner..... He says pushing his luck.
I picked a great time to get it fixed didn't I?

Drum
30th June 2006, 22:13
Weather forecast for both Saturday and Sunday is mint.
Gonna be icy early on.

Uncle B
30th June 2006, 22:48
Drum,
Do you want to meet up at caltex Stokes Valley at 10:15-10:30 and go from there?

Drum
30th June 2006, 23:16
Drum,
Do you want to meet up at caltex Stokes Valley at 10:15-10:30 and go from there?

Sounds good.

I'll fill up and wait by the trailers.

Uncle B
30th June 2006, 23:22
Cool, see you then

knight rider
1st July 2006, 13:53
antone from Porirua, tawa, whitby areas going? could meet up & go together

hsvboy06
1st July 2006, 14:19
antone from Porirua, tawa, whitby areas going? could meet up & go together
Sels1 is going as far as I know, and I might be (looking likely) - we'll be coming down from Kapiti and could meet you somewhere - perhaps the Challenge Station in Pauatahanui. If this works, name a time.

phoenixgtr
1st July 2006, 15:39
Was anyone else crazy enough to ride through that fog today? I just went for a cruise from Lyall bay to Oriental and man, it was amazing. From about Seatoun all the way to Oriental was a complete shroud of fog. At one point I could barely see 20m ahead of me. I loved it!! Truly amazing experience. Fucking cold in that fog though!!

Insanity_rules
1st July 2006, 15:57
My bikes still in the shop, wont be ready till next week. Anyone want a pillion for tomorrow?

knight rider
1st July 2006, 16:23
Sels1 is going as far as I know, and I might be (looking likely) - we'll be coming down from Kapiti and could meet you somewhere - perhaps the Challenge Station in Pauatahanui. If this works, name a time.

meet you at 10:30 at pauatahanui & depart at 10:40. Anyne else wana meet there feel free to do so

ldnz
1st July 2006, 16:24
Me and Matt are leaving palmy at 9:00 from the fitzherbet BP, coming down through kapiti.

MattRSK
1st July 2006, 16:28
Yeh any Palmy crew are most welcome to join us. :rockon:

knight rider
1st July 2006, 17:38
Me and Matt are leaving palmy at 9:00 from the fitzherbet BP, coming down through kapiti.

feel free to join us at challege puatahanui at 10:30ish

MattRSK
1st July 2006, 18:39
I think we could make that. Thanks

ldnz
1st July 2006, 19:41
yeah we might get away 8:45 ish Matt?

MattRSK
1st July 2006, 20:15
Yeah sounds good to me!! See ya there.

knight rider
1st July 2006, 22:06
Yeah sounds good to me!! See ya there.

cool that 4 so far meeting at chalenge. anyone else feel free to join us. Departing at 10:40am

sels1
1st July 2006, 23:31
cool that 4 so far meeting at chalenge. anyone else feel free to join us. Departing at 10:40am

yup see you there

StoneChucker
1st July 2006, 23:52
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it will be my first time over that way since, well, a long time (except for one trip no fetch a horse, then return it). I know it won't be the same, it never will be again, but I kinda like driving on my own now, listening to music. I got me over 800 cd's of music I'll be taking along, so I'm sure I won't run out, even if we do follow Str8 Jacket...

I also got the mandatory revenue collector detector (the new breed, that doesn't beep at servos, or traffic lights, or garage doors, or automatic doors, or, or, ........), as well as just about everything one needs - hell all I gotta do is sit there and look kinda interedted, it's no wonder people often fall asleep at the wheel! The main thing I gotta worry about while navigating corners, is if the climate air blowing up my shorts is infact 19.5 deg C like I set it.

I will feel bad though, every leg of the journey I'll use up the GDP of a 3rd world country in fuel alone, if I have any fun at all. It kinda sucks I don't know half the people on here anymore, but for those half, I'll be the "old" guy retelling the bike stories from back when I was riding, in my day.:zzzz:

Hopefully we'll get a good few hundred kms done, to get me past 1500 or thereabout. I don't mind what the weather does really, I stay amazingly dry.

By the way, did I mention that I hope it rains?:bash: :ar15: :Playnice: :finger:

Kendog
2nd July 2006, 07:43
Hey StoneChucker, can I ride behind your car? That way if you slow down, I know there is a cop lurking about somewhere, and if you turn your stereo up real loud, I might be able to hear it too!!! Thanks man.
Mrs KD.

Madness
2nd July 2006, 10:18
I just went to gas up & inflate the round black things. Fark it's cold out there!

See you guys (and Wasp) soon.

Lord Derosso
2nd July 2006, 12:16
Better you guys then me. Enjoy the ride. I seem to feel the cold non stop this winter. Must be getting old. Have to look at getting some good leg gear before trying the next long ride.

Marknz
2nd July 2006, 16:07
Good ride, heaps of bikes, riders and pillions, and bloody cold.

Now where is my bloody neck warmer!?

Cheers

mikey
2nd July 2006, 16:23
what a bunch of irresponsible law breaking fukn hoons taking off like that at petone lights.

hahahha you lot got beaten bby a chic. go helssssss

Fatjim
2nd July 2006, 17:48
Great ride, thanks Hels for organising it. Biggest welly bunch I've seen in a while.

sels1
2nd July 2006, 18:00
Yep - a good day out - well done to the Palmy guys for making down this way. Thanks for organising Hels. Good to catch up with the regulars, and meet a few new ones.

phoenixgtr
2nd July 2006, 18:14
Bloody brilliant!!

I've reminded myself of one thing today: I love riding!!

Good to see you all. Can't wait for the next one

knight rider
2nd July 2006, 18:21
blody choice ride. Had so much fun must've been close to 30 bikes. The biggest group ride I've been on

MattRSK
2nd July 2006, 18:24
Yep - a good day out - well done to the Palmy guys for making down this way.
Hey thanks. Had a brilliant time. Cant wait to do it all again. We all got home in good time and in one piece. Nice to meet you all.

jimbo600
2nd July 2006, 18:43
What a cool day. Made it all the way around in one piece too. Great to see so many bikes out. Even better to see my bike out. Had a blast with all the usuals. MD Mnz Tazman etc

Great to be back out on a bike.

Cheers str8 for putting the effort in.

Uncle B
2nd July 2006, 18:55
Great ride today. Bloody good to see so many bikes out.
Thanks Hels :doobey:

Pics for your enjoyment........Nice finger Hels :blah:

blacksheep
2nd July 2006, 19:15
Yep - a good day out - well done to the Palmy guys for making down this way. Thanks for organising Hels. Good to catch up with the regulars, and meet a few new ones.
great to meet up with you lot again ,heres looking forward to the warmer weather!!

flame
2nd July 2006, 19:32
Cheers Hel's, top effort. A great day enjoyed by all I'd say. Yay for sunshine!

Darkman
2nd July 2006, 19:38
What a ride you guys had today..was good to see you all at the pub at lake Ferry.Never seen so much Welly bikers at one place. Good on ya Hel's for organising the ride.
Cheers to TSS for giving me the Ducati 996 for the day otherwise I would have mised it!

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 19:51
ARGH!!!

FFS i always have to miss the good ride... Fuck i hate the cunt that slashed my tyre..... :no:

damn.... life suks ATM.....

Madness
2nd July 2006, 20:01
FFS i always have to miss the good ride...

Mate, It was colder than a cold thing. Actually I thought I'd make out it was a crap ride to make you feel better, but apart from the cold it was an excellent day and impossible to fault.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise sincerely to all those I recklessly overtook. I was in need of a good fix of Hooliganism, now all sorted. Thank You.

Cheers Hells.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd July 2006, 20:05
Lol.... i can imagone it was cold...

Im really glad you guys had such a good day!!

Next time ill be there on the green bumble bee.... or even a new 'sickle

MattRSK
2nd July 2006, 20:06
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise sincerely to all those I recklessly overtook. I was in need of a good fix of Hooliganism, now all sorted. Thank You.

Fuck yeah you scared the shit out of me. Awesome. Well done mate.

ldnz
2nd July 2006, 21:19

Cheers Hells.

Yeah me too! Had an excellent day, though possibly the best bit of road was the run back over paikak hill. It had dried out and we all (blacksheep, matt and me) had a good fast blat.

Cheers to the dude on the duke that stuck with me between featherston and the lake. Sorry the KR only goes so fast...

Drum
2nd July 2006, 21:21
Cheers for the awesome day people. Good to finally meet some of you.

Shadows
2nd July 2006, 22:21
Nice to finally meet some of you guys. :yes:
I throughly enjoyed the ride and the roast meat sandwich.
Cheers.

Str8 Jacket
3rd July 2006, 06:54
Hey, cheers guys for all coming along! Was a mint day and there was some great company! I counted 30+ bikes at Caltex, awesome effort!

Big thanks must go to the likes of Uncle Bruce, Sels and Fatjim for helping out with leading and being Tail end Charlie's thanks heaps guys!

Sorry about the long wait for food, I had meant to ring the pub on Friday but forgot. Turns out that the Ullyses (sp?) group got there half an hour before the TSS group then us half an hour later, but the staff did a brilliant job with a smile on their faces!

sels1
3rd July 2006, 07:55
Sorry about the long wait for food, I had meant to ring the pub on Friday but forgot. Turns out that the Ullyses (sp?) group got there half an hour before the TSS group then us half an hour later, but the staff did a brilliant job with a smile on their faces!

Yes I felt sorry for the pub staff but they seemed to handle it in a good natured way - well done that crew

phoenixgtr
3rd July 2006, 08:46
That poor boy behind the counter looked like he was going to shit himself!!

Wasp
3rd July 2006, 10:25
Yea, was a great ride - a tad cold but yea a great ride.

I feel like my confidence is back, im not scared of my tyres slipping anymore and my riding with no hands balance practice is comming along very nicely (no better way to say goodbye and thanks for the ride than putting both hands behind you and waving)

Str8 Jacket
3rd July 2006, 10:27
my riding with no hands balance practice is comming along very nicely (no better way to say goodbye and thanks for the ride than putting both hands behind you and waving)

Yeah I saw you doing that up the motorway yesterday, most impressive!

Wasp
3rd July 2006, 11:59
Its actually quite easy, ive barely practiced - just tried a few times. you just have to watch that the bike doesnt lurch, so i always do it in 6th and after accelerating.

You looked like you had improved greatly yourself Str8, I found I had to work to pass you up the takas on the way to lake ferry.

Wasp
3rd July 2006, 12:10
WAAAAHOOOOOOO my bracket just arrived!!!

It was sent from Victoria, Australia last thursday with the supposed eta of 7-10 working days!!! thats less than 2 working days!!! insane!!!

Im one very happy Wasp now, buzz buzz. long range forcast looks good so far for saturday :shifty: gotta wear my tyres down and get new ones

Uncle B
3rd July 2006, 12:14
Wasp, MadJacket, Phoenix....you are all getting better :first:

Bring on summer

Str8 Jacket
3rd July 2006, 12:23
Aww, cheers guy's! Ive been riding for almost a year now so its good to hear Ive made some progress!

phoenixgtr
3rd July 2006, 13:10
Wasp, MadJacket, Phoenix....you are all getting better :first:

Bring on summer

Thanks B. Good to hear. I'm feeling alot more confident these days. I just need a little more power!!

poorbastard
3rd July 2006, 13:34
Thanks for organising the ride str8. Good to get over the hill. Even tho there was a wait for food it still tasted alright and gave us all time to talk anyway.

hsvboy06
3rd July 2006, 13:36
no better way to say goodbye and thanks for the ride than putting both hands behind you and waving
I was watching you do that just before we parted ways at Haywards, then remembered that I should really be watching where I'm going! My heart stopped as I turned (a bit too fast) and followed Sels across the traffic, not sure if I'd actually checked to make sure the lights were still green... so many damned distractions on the road!

phoenixgtr
3rd July 2006, 15:04
Aww, cheers guy's! Ive been riding for almost a year now so its good to hear Ive made some progress!

Actually Hels I also thought you were riding alot more confidently than you have been. Well done :niceone:

Kendog
3rd July 2006, 20:06
Mrs KD and I also had a great day. Near perfect riding conditions and great company.
Thanks for getting us all out of our nice warm houses into the fresh :cold: air Str8, was great fun.

wrathchild
3rd July 2006, 21:32

Cheers to the dude on the duke that stuck with me between featherston and the lake. Sorry the KR only goes so fast...[/QUOTE]

Cheers hey not a prob you where going bloody well for a KR150 I didn't know if you knew the road or not & I was keen ta cruise hope i didnt hold ya up
enjoy ya riding catch ya on the flipside

Insanity_rules
4th July 2006, 06:37
Damn, sounds like I missed a good one. Bright side is that the VTZ of doom has had the Plugs, timing chains, oil and a few other miscellaneous jobs done. So shes all ready for the next one.
Was going easy on it until I could get that stuff done so yay! Can't wait to get her back tomorrow and try her out.

Hawkeye
4th July 2006, 09:00
Shite... Sounds like I missed a good one. Spent the week-end, ill in bed.:puke:
Glad you guys had a good ride.
Maybe the next one.

wayne708
4th July 2006, 15:31
Hi all, caught up with you all at Lake Ferry on the weekend and and have decided to join KB, all be with a little help from my brother ,sels1.
Thanks for the ride and hope to catch more in the future.
(Have left a little bit about me in the new members section)

sels1
4th July 2006, 16:11
Hi all, caught up with you all at Lake Ferry on the weekend and and have decided to join KB, all be with a little help from my brother ,sels1.
Thanks for the ride and hope to catch more in the future.
(Have left a little bit about me in the new members section)

Yay! welcome aboard Bro

Wasp
4th July 2006, 16:17
uh oh, sels has a brother

welcome aboard!

Storm
4th July 2006, 16:39
I just need a little more power!!

Dont we all !! :D:)