PDA

View Full Version : 170 km an hour

jtzzr
27th June 2006, 20:09
A friend of mine was recently clocked at 170kms on the motorway , and quickly pulled over by the men in blue , lost his licence instantly (haha , wrong place , wrong time ) he says he`s only lost his licence for 28 days , I`m guessing he`s wrong and is up SH*T CREEK , can anyone help solve this ? P.S his bike wasn`t impounded so this maybe what he`s not coming to grips with, Cheers!:nono:He`s only got his learners as well. Row Row Row your boat !!!

WINJA
27th June 2006, 20:11
was his bike to shit to do a runner?

Titanium
27th June 2006, 20:15
Sounds about right, 28 day cool down, then expect the knock for the licence at the door or summons I guess.

Never been there so just guessing.

jtzzr
27th June 2006, 20:21
it was a cbr250 so probably going flat-out.:scooter:

paturoa
27th June 2006, 20:23
....and is up SH*T CREEK .....

you didn't mention the paddle ... it proly in the same place as his license and spare cash will be soon - missing!

texmo
27th June 2006, 20:40
it was a cbr250 so probably going flat-out.:scooter:
mikey managed

spudchucka
28th June 2006, 00:12
getting nabbed at 41 or more over the posted limit equals a 28 day roadside suspension. Your mate will be summonsed to court and will face a fine and possible further disqualification on conviction.

scumdog
28th June 2006, 00:25
And impounding the bike doesn't come into it just for speeding...

T.W.R
28th June 2006, 00:47
A mate of mine got done twice for very similar events back in the early 90s both involved court appearances.

1st time : 2yr loss of licence & $900 fine

2nd time: 9mths after getting back on the road, 2yr loss of licence & $900 fine

Both times same bike and same judge at court :shit: :rofl:

Mr. Peanut
28th June 2006, 08:25
TWO YEARS :gob:

sAsLEX
28th June 2006, 09:55
And impounding the bike doesn't come into it just for speeding...

oh thought it was the magic 41 or 51 over,depending on the type of limit broken, where they took you car?!

Or is it only "boy racer" stuff that gets your car impounded?

GIXser
28th June 2006, 10:07
maybe its this cunt!!!!http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31152&page=13

spudchucka
28th June 2006, 10:54
oh thought it was the magic 41 or 51 over,depending on the type of limit broken, where they took you car?!

Or is it only "boy racer" stuff that gets your car impounded?
For boy racer offences the impound is at the discretion of the cop. For Disqualy driving, suspended, forbidden driving the legislation say that the police "MUST" imound the car. Recent changes have come in where the police can impound cars from recidivist drink drivers too. There is no impoundment for straight out speeding or dangerous driving offences, in these case it would only get impounded if the driver was disqualified or they were drunk in charge and had numerous previous drink drive convictions.

T.W.R
28th June 2006, 12:09
I somehow doubt it was just for speeding then. Would not have been similar circumstances. 2 years is more for dangerous causing ijury, or multiple DUI charges.
Depends on his driving history. Never heard of anyone getting more than 12 months for dangerous speed, most get 6.

Nah no other offences prior to the 1st time, cop pulled out of a side road as he was belting along, admittedly the cop chased him for a few kms but nothing extreme. And the 2nd time was on the outskirts of ChCh & he was late heading to work & passed a group of about 8 cars at once & unmarked cop car was in the bunch. The 1st time was in 1990 & the 2nd time was late 1993

spudchucka
28th June 2006, 13:20
I somehow doubt it was just for speeding then. Would not have been similar circumstances. 2 years is more for dangerous causing ijury, or multiple DUI charges.
Depends on his driving history. Never heard of anyone getting more than 12 months for dangerous speed, most get 6.
Last Monday in our court a dude got 12 months imprisonment for his 12th EBA, there wasn't any crash invoved, he just caught drink driving.... again. As I recall 2 years imprisonment is the maximum penalty for for a third and subsequent EBA. The same dude got disqualified for about 18 months, due to commence once his jail term is up.

nezorf
14th July 2006, 01:22
a mates dad got clocked at over 250kph by thows white vans on da side of da rood. he just put his foot over his plate so the cop in da van couldent get his plate.

scumdog
14th July 2006, 08:21
a mates dad got clocked at over 250kph by thows white vans on da side of da rood. he just put his foot over his plate so the cop in da van couldent get his plate.

Yeah right! Pffft!:rolleyes:

Finn
14th July 2006, 08:27
I lost my license yesterday.

I was really annoyed at myself for not paying much attention. I eventually found it though. It was in my jeans pocket. It's a good one, 0 demerit points.

scumdog
14th July 2006, 08:32
I lost my license yesterday.

I was really annoyed at myself for not paying much attention. I eventually found it though. It was in my jeans pocket. It's a good one, 0 demerit points.

I did not know that jeans pockets could incur demerit points, ah well, live and learn!

PuppetMaster
14th July 2006, 09:08
I did not know that jeans pockets could incur demerit points, ah well, live and learn!'

Guess it depends on who's wearing the jeans.

Finn
14th July 2006, 09:11

Sniff, sniff. There's a bad smell in this post. Sniff, sniff, smells like bullshit.

Lou Girardin
14th July 2006, 10:16
Mi mats dad got clocked at 300 k's. He shit hiself al over da bak of da bike an de cop kudn t get his numba ay.

Toast
14th July 2006, 12:14
I got done 54 over the limit and had no suspension of licence other than the 28 day stand down period.

Big Chim
14th July 2006, 12:37
I got done 54 over the limit and had no suspension of licence other than the 28 day stand down period.

how long ago was that?

Toast
14th July 2006, 13:11
how long ago was that?

Bloody ages ago mate...on my Cibby250...I realised my folly on that day and decided never to act so irrationally ever again.

texmo
14th July 2006, 15:57
decided never to act so irrationally ever again.
When you say never act so irrationally ever again does that translate to "I will never stop for the cops when doing 40 above the limit"?

madboy
14th July 2006, 17:42
Mi mats dad got clocked at 300 k's. He shit hiself al over da bak of da bike an de cop kudn t get his numba ay.I tried to line a camera van up at 300k one day, front on, but sadly my poor 636 just couldn't do it, now matter how carefully I tucked it between my legs. And what was an even more crushing blow to the ego - the camera van guy estimated me to be doing only 190 when he called an HP unit up the road. I coulda bought a Harley out for that!

WickedOne
14th July 2006, 17:46
Mi mats dad got clocked at 300 k's. He shit hiself al over da bak of da bike an de cop kudn t get his numba ay.

Good call mate :oi-grr:

texmo
14th July 2006, 17:49
I tried to line a camera van up at 300k one day, front on, but sadly my poor 636 just couldn't do it, now matter how carefully I tucked it between my legs. And what was an even more crushing blow to the ego - the camera van guy estimated me to be doing only 190 when he called an HP unit up the road. I coulda bought a Harley out for that!
How do hyou know he got you at 190?

madboy
14th July 2006, 18:09
How do hyou know he got you at 190?Scanner... That's also how I knew the nearest Highway Taxation Unit was miles away and I could go back for another pass.

Toast
14th July 2006, 22:31
When you say never act so irrationally ever again does that translate to "I will never stop for the cops when doing 40 above the limit"?

Pretty much bro, yep...although even 10 over I don't really wanna pay, so in favourable circumstances the threshold will be much lower than 40.