PDA

View Full Version : Garage/Mechanic Help Req

sAsLEX
28th June 2006, 15:40
Righto as in http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31334 need to replace the steering head bearings in my bike, have the bearings now but cant afford the labour to get them put in, have the Haynes Manual and it looks easily doable if someone had the tools, which I dont!!

So anyone want to help me put these in can pay in beer! Should only take a couple of hours, and can put on my new disc whilst the forks are off.

Alex

sAsLEX
28th June 2006, 16:18
Oh and on the Shore so helps if its closeish

oh and hopefully done by fri!

sAsLEX
28th June 2006, 19:00
A n y o n e ?

The Pastor
28th June 2006, 22:48
I have tools (lots of general tools, no spesfic tools) and a garage(wich im happy to lend out) and im on the shore, but I dont have any experiance (but looking at a picture book isnt too hard right...) but am going away (for a week) on friday/saturday... so not really any help sorry :(

sAsLEX
29th June 2006, 09:11
I have tools (lots of general tools, no spesfic tools) and a garage(wich im happy to lend out) and im on the shore, but I dont have any experiance (but looking at a picture book isnt too hard right...) but am going away (for a week) on friday/saturday... so not really any help sorry :(

Was hoping to do it tonight now so I can finish getting the WOF on Fri! But thats looking doubtful now! Might just have to risk the meat run sans WOF and fix it at home in the Naki!

Only tools I dont really have is a decent jack to hold the bike whilst the front is off and allen keys to replace the disc as I busted the ones I had putting the last disc on (dont get cheap tools they aint worth it!)

Firefight
29th June 2006, 09:16
A n y o n e ?

pm sent

F/F

Motoracer
29th June 2006, 09:58
I'll help you out bro. :)

Done it a few times on a Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawaka. Honda shouldn't be too different.

Am pretty busy these days but will free up Sunday for ya.

021 636 156

I don't come on the site much so just holla uz a text.

Firefight
29th June 2006, 10:00
[QUOTE=Motoracer]I'll help you out bro. :)

sorted

F/F

sAsLEX
29th June 2006, 21:28
Big thanks to Dave and Zeb for the help today!

Got the new disc on easy enough and the bearings went in fine, though Dave is missing most of a finger :gob: sorry! A quick test ride showed that not all was right so back to the driveway and found that it wasn't quite done up due to some well I think it is safe to blame Zeb! After a bit of straining got the top thingy off again and fixed everything up and it is back together fine now!

Thanks again Dave.

Macktheknife
30th June 2006, 15:29
So you dont need a garage anymore then? I have the tools and jack but only one arm at present. PM if this helps, north shore based.

Firefight
30th June 2006, 15:37
Big thanks to Dave and Zeb for the help today!

.....I think it is safe to blame Zeb!

Don't inlist the help of a 4 month old lab puppy..

F/F