PDA

View Full Version : Why this site cracks me up.

White trash
28th June 2006, 21:35
Ha ha, lots of reason really.

One is the friends I've made. Tons of 'em. More than I'd actually know what to do with should I have a party and not have room for them all. I know I can call on any number of people for help, a beer or just a catch up between Kaitai and Te Anau.

Met my partner, gorgeous woman that she is. She puts up with my shit, and I (mostly) do as I'm told. Without KB, we never woulda met.

The disagreements are hilarious. Especially the real, out in the open, "push me pull you" type arguments that everyone throws their weight behind to the point where a mod is asked to shut it down as it's getting stupid.

What I don't love, is the underhandedness that goes on behind the scenes. Nasty (and often foulmouthed) comments attached to "reps" that are just malicious and spitefull, having nothing to do whatsoever with the post made. Flicked a few of those around myself tonight, didn't actually make me feel better in any way unfortunately. Maybe a little :innocent:

The thing that REALLY cracks me up, is we're all decent folks (by someones standards) and yet we turn into complete cockheads online when someone pisses us off. Some worse than others. A few are like a dog with a friggin bone and they just knaw away (even after they've been slapped on the nose) untill the "bone" has had a gutsfull and decided it aint worth the hassel.

Every six months, someone posts a "be nice, we're all friends" thread. Everyone feels all mushy and things quieten down for a while but it eventually turns to "custard" again.

Settle grettle? Take your own advise man. Find another bone to chew at, the one you've got can't possibly think any lower of you.

Right-Oh, as you were, nothing to see here.

SpankMe, as always, thanks for the site, you're a true gent. Cheque's in the mail.

Jimmy

Hitcher
28th June 2006, 21:50
Well said James.

Tonight on Campbell Live there was an item on cyberbullying and TXT-bullying that seems to go on amongst teenagers. It made some interesting points that I won't go into here, other than to note that many who post on this site are indeed teenagers, some with a maturity that belies their youth. Others of us are teenagers at heart, sometimes demonstrating behaviours that we should have grown out of at about the time the Bay City Rollers finally disappeared into obscurity. Whatever our stage of life or level of emotional maturity, there are times when we all need to "grow up" and understand that people respond emotionally to what we say -- positively and negatively. A bit of banter amongst mates is good fun, but can sometimes get out of hand or unnecessarily personal. Sometimes, and thankfully rarely, people get bullied and in return strike back, creating a cycle of abuse that can be hard to step back from as nobody wants to admit that they may have been at fault or contributed to the situation.

I apologise if this reads like code. But the mods have had a situation to try and resolve which has no clear or clean outcome. Other than the protagonists leaving each other alone, in posts, rep and PMs. Publicly "outing" folk will not help this situation. Joni is doing sterling work trying to resolve this, and deserves special mention.

Otherwise as Mr Trash has wryly observed, people should move along. There's nothing to see here folks.

merv
28th June 2006, 22:11
This is all no worries to me mate, I always stay cool to after school.

C_A
28th June 2006, 22:18
The thing that REALLY cracks me up, is we're all decent folks (by someones standards) and yet we turn into complete cockheads online when someone pisses us off. Some worse than others. A few are like a dog with a friggin bone and they just knaw away (even after they've been slapped on the nose) untill the "bone" has had a gutsfull and decided it aint worth the hassel.

Every six months, someone posts a "be nice, we're all friends" thread. Everyone feels all mushy and things quieten down for a while but it eventually turns to "custard" again.

happen on every forum with any kind of member base. there's always the dude that's 10foot tall behind his keyboard, yet a total wuss in person, completely different to their 'online persona'
quite interesting.
I'm very much the same in person as online. can be a bad thing. i'm rather reserved on here.... Have been recognised by a memerb of another forum whilst I was almost passed out on the footpath outside a local club one night. this dude rocked up and was like "oohhh man, it's *insert user name* and *the other dude*, damn recognised you from the forum!!"
quite scary....

this site's great. lots of personality

scumdog
28th June 2006, 22:28
As per Mr H's comment: I find that teenager+sub250cc bike+student+hormones = rabid ravings.

98tls
28th June 2006, 22:32
happen on every forum with any kind of member base. there's always the dude that's 10foot tall behind his keyboard, yet a total wuss in person, completely different to their 'online persona'
quite interesting.
I'm very much the same in person as online. can be a bad thing. i'm rather reserved on here.... Have been recognised by a memerb of another forum whilst I was almost passed out on the footpath outside a local club one night. this dude rocked up and was like "oohhh man, it's *insert user name* and *the other dude*, damn recognised you from the forum!!"
quite scary....

this site's great. lots of personality :yawn: Strange post......:whocares: if i saw you almost passed out outside a local club i would say to the "other dude" look at that Fucken Idiot.

Lazy7
28th June 2006, 22:46
I find prison rules work best. Day one, find yourself a KB'er and make him your bitch.

after that its plain sailing.

oh - dont fight naked unless you really have to or you're like WINJA and clothing restricts your movement.

justsomeguy
28th June 2006, 22:55
Right I've been saving hard the whole year and I've managed to save an entire dollar - So now Jimmy you gotta tell me why you're so fast??

justsomeguy
28th June 2006, 22:58
HEYY I JUST READ YOUR USER TITLE - ciao it's been real.......

YOU BETTER NOT BE GOING ANYWHERE AND LEAVING US YA HOMO, OR ELSE :nono:

inlinefour
28th June 2006, 23:17
Drink plenty of water, take paracetamol and if pain persists see a doctor.

SPORK
29th June 2006, 07:57
As per Mr H's comment: I find that teenager+sub250cc bike+student+hormones = rabid ravings.

It made some interesting points that I won't go into here, other than to note that many who post on this site are indeed teenagers, some with a maturity that belies their youth.

Tell me there's something I'm not reading right, because I don't see that point in here...

From what I've seen, most of the bullshit on the forums is by angry middle aged men. Very little of the drama is caused by the PD teens.

NC
29th June 2006, 08:44
:rockon:

Haha yeah, I have to agree Jimmy. Great site.
Joining the site is one of the more smarter things I have done in my life.
Made some great friends, who have supported me through some really hard times, and are still here now :):grouphug:

:o

mikey
29th June 2006, 09:27
eventually turns to "custard" again.

custard eh

thats a big generalisation. worse than every cop is fa fucktard, take it back!
oh i met spudchucka at the track, looks quite like pizzaboy brucey, but was not the good cuntstable that knocked me off my bike thank god

SwanTiger
29th June 2006, 12:22
I think that there needs to be a group of individuals who go around deleting the bullshit like what is above. I'm even guilty of posting one line bullshit sometimes, but it really ruins the site and completely destroys a thread or at least the purpose of the thread.

I vote for less shit.

The_Dover
29th June 2006, 12:57
I vote for less shit.

I vote for less righteous wankers telling people what they can and cant right on a public forum.

If you want censorship fuck off to China. Who want's to read boring shit about how many km's you did last wednesday or what's your favourite chain lube?

SwanTiger
29th June 2006, 13:07
I vote for less righteous wankers telling people what they can and cant right on a public forum.

If you want censorship fuck off to China. Who want's to read boring shit about how many km's you did last wednesday or what's your favourite chain lube?

I think people can right whatever they want to right on a public forum where people obviously right what they want to right, but that isn't the point right?

I'm not talking about censorship, I'm talking about quality of content, most of these are one line insults which can be reserved for Private Messages or reputation points.

If you are going to insult someone, at least make sure its funny. If not, you are posting bullshit, in my opinion.

Motoracer
29th June 2006, 13:56
I can relate somewhat. KB has been great to me. Really, it's moulded me into the person I am today. From the time I joined here when I was a teen, I have grown up so much. Most of that growing up was the result of experiences that I have had through this site or situations or circumstances brought about because of KB.

For instance, Firefight and I became mates because of this site. He is someone, who I consider to be my best mate and is someone that I really look up to. It goes without saying that he's one of the best blokes around, and I know that no one will argue with me there. I also met Loosebruce through the site and he is another one of my best mates. Along with lots of other great mates who I have met through KB. Like you said WT, more mates than I can manage to keep in touch with... Literally.

Other than the people, I have gained invaluable experiences and oppertunites as far as motorcycle riding and racing goes as well. With out KB I would have never started racing probably and I wouldn't have become as compitent of a rider as I am today.

Thoes were some of the main ups out of many. The downs were some rather low downs. Worst I have ever encountered in my life. Though past is past and I have got more things to be greatfull for than most so I'm happy over all.

Anywho, I am utterly greatful and thankfull to SpankMe and thoes who started KB and are still working towards running it. A round of applause should go to you lot. :clap:

Two Smoker
29th June 2006, 14:00
I also met Loosebruce through the site and

I feel sorry for you... No one should have to go through that pain...

texmo
29th June 2006, 16:38
I love the site because of people like this...:yawn: