PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Sunday 2nd July

geoffm
28th June 2006, 21:41
Anyone going anywhere on Sunday? Might be able to get the day off...
THinking about Corro or greasies in Kaiawa
Geoff

GIXser
28th June 2006, 21:48
possibly thinkin about it-- i can only do about 4 hours max,

skidMark
28th June 2006, 21:51
just been down to kaiawa today...they still havn't sorted out the loose gravel roa works on the exact breaking point for each corner when you go through the tight forest part....you have to take it slow through there....theres square patches everywhere of loosish grit just before each corners and the first one is going through a corner :| watched a ducati lock it up and head for a cliff last week cus he just wasn't expecting it...if i have gas money i may tag along...where would we meet?

Kittyhawk
28th June 2006, 22:09
A slowishy ride I'd be keen for might have Phenoix and another mate come if they aren't busy, otherwise just a fast blat to Kawakawa and back could do the trick

SpankMe
28th June 2006, 22:37
I'm keen to do the loop on Sunday.

SlashWylde
28th June 2006, 22:39
I'd be keen for a ride on Sunday.

boomer
28th June 2006, 22:41
stay off teh roads east as Mark says.. you'd be better of staying at home and cutting the grass.. or smoking it :doobey:

SpankMe
28th June 2006, 22:59
How about this then.

<table cellpadding="15" align="center" border="1"><tr><td bgcolor="white">THE RIDE
Date: Sunday, 2<sup>nd</sup> July
Meetup: 09:30 at Botany Downs BP
Depart: 10:00

Stops: Clevedon, Kopu, Coro or Whitianga for lunch, Kopu</td></tr></table>

SlashWylde
28th June 2006, 23:10
How about this then....

Sounds great!

boomer
29th June 2006, 19:35
<table cellpadding="15" align="center" border="1"><tr><td bgcolor="red"></td></tr></table>

<div align="center"><color="black" size="+1"><MARQUEE bgcolor="black"
I wouldn't go east guys.. but your call :yes:</MARQUEE></FONT></DIV>

<table cellpadding="15" align="center" border="1"><tr><td bgcolor="red"></td></tr></table>

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 19:46
possibly thinkin about it-- i can only do about 4 hours max,

I've done the Coro Loop from Mt Roskill to Mt Roskill in 5 hours, you on that beast of a bike of your should be able to do it in 4.5 to 4 hours.

The stops were Royal Oak Shell 5 mins, Kopu Mobil 10 mins, Whitianga BP 5 mins, Kopu Mobil 10 mins, Royal Oak Shell 5 mins. Had a bit to eat and drink each time at Kopu.

However I left Mt Roskill at 5 in the evening so traffic on the Sat was quite less.

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 19:48
<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="15"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="red"></td></tr></tbody></table>

<color="black" size="+1"></color="black"><marquee bgcolor="red">
>I wouldn't go east guys.. but your call :yes:</marquee>

10 charssssss

The roads aren't that bad at all. It's only a short stretch - maybe about 15-20 minutes of the whole ride.

boomer
29th June 2006, 19:53
The roads aren't that bad at all. It's only a short stretch - maybe about 15-20 minutes of the whole ride.

Tom and i did it last weekend and when we stopped at the chippy for a beer we decided not to go back that way cos it wasn't fun... but i understand how its ok for you as you don't lean the bike :sunny:

Kornholio
29th June 2006, 20:48
Tom and i did it last weekend and when we stopped at the chippy for a beer we decided not to go back that way cos it wasn't fun... but i understand how its ok for you as you don't lean the bike :sunny:

Oh....lol..:doobey:

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 21:03

It was also ok for Rayza, Spank and Gremlin and they all are twice the rider that you are so :nya:

Or you could go via twilight rd onto Clevedon you git.

It was also ok for Rayza, Spank and Gremlin and they all are twice the rider that you are so :nya:

I was with ya until that bit...

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 21:10
I was with ya until that bit...

I'm assuming you've ridden with boomer??

Yes mate, but I've also ridden with Gremlin :(

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 21:13
Yes mate, but I've also ridden with Gremlin :(

Hmm - ok Gremlin may not be "twice" as good as Boomer - but he's been riding probably half as long or even less - and he's still better.

Oh yeh, but Gremlin can't belt out "Dancing Queen" half as well...

Gremlin
29th June 2006, 21:15
:wait: Why are there soooo many jealous people?? Always someone to deflate the non-existent ego. ta JSG.... :first:

The bits JSG is talking about definitely need to be watched for, and some are on the corner itself. I was braking hard for one, and then softly over the patch, and I still felt the front slide.

Going down the coast, the danger is over after kaiaua... just take it easy until then, unless you know where it all is, and then after that, its fine

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 21:16
shit yeah, I'm keen, but your all going to have to put up with the DR... and so am I <_<

Kornholio
29th June 2006, 21:19
:wait: Why are there soooo many jealous people?? Always someone to deflate the non-existent ego. ta JSG.... :first:

The bits JSG is talking about definitely need to be watched for, and some are on the corner itself. I was braking hard for one, and then softly over the patch, and I still felt the front slide.

Going down the coast, the danger is over after kaiaua... just take it easy until then, unless you know where it all is, and then after that, its fine

"When in doubt, Hang it out" :doobey:

Gremlin
29th June 2006, 21:29
Weasel and I are in too.... and don't expect Rayza to be slow either, as much as he says....

He'll be coming to a corner near you :doobey:

Weasel and I are in too.... and don't expect Rayza to be slow either, as much as he says....

Yeh I'm coming out of retirement.

Seems sooooooooo long since I've been out on a ride, gotta blow those cobwebs out eh...

Just need the trademark go-slow around the whitianga roundabout ;)

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 21:34

dude.... I will be so slow I will be going backwards.... meet ya's fella's in whiti!!

Gremlin
29th June 2006, 21:43
no no... we're not going anti clockwise.... well... AFAIK...

but if you're slow, its only 83 odd k to whits, backwards, so perhaps you might be there when we have done the 110 ish?? :blah:

Kornholio
29th June 2006, 21:45
The Mid Winter AMA crew Coro run...bring support vehicles :D

boomer
29th June 2006, 21:46
I'm assuming you've ridden with boomer??

Oi Oi when have you ever ridden with me bud bud? Back that truck up.. don't go comparing me to slow pokes like yourself or Gremlin ffs....:eek:

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 21:48
Oi Oi when have you ever ridden with me bud bud? Back that truck up.. don't go comparing me to slow pokes like yourself or Gremlin ffs....:eek:

its a shame you're so ham fisted.... damn squids eh...

boomer
29th June 2006, 21:48

mate this is a splinter cell.. FUBARAMA

boomer
29th June 2006, 21:50
its a shame you're so ham fisted.... damn squids eh...

hey.. u can be quiet too.. i left you outta teh equation :finger: But now your playing.. you only got the thou cos you got so frustrated trying to keep up on the coro loop :blip:

Can I reserve an ambo now?

Gremlin
29th June 2006, 21:52
hey.. u can be quiet too.. i left you outta teh equation :finger: But now your playing.. you only got the thou cos you got so frustrated trying to keep up on the coro loop :blip:
I remember being right up your arse on my little zzr250. I wanted to pass but couldn't, because you kept blasting away down straights.

You only lost me when we climbed into the hills, and I physically couldn't go faster than 100, no matter how I tried...

squid :nya:

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 21:54

yeah... I got sick of actually having to occasionally down shift outa 6th gear

Kornholio
29th June 2006, 21:54
mate this is a splinter cell.. FUBARAMA

BAHAHAHAHAHHAA :doobey:

boomer
29th June 2006, 21:56
I remember being right up your arse on my little zzr250. I wanted to pass but couldn't, because you kept blasting away down straights.

You only lost me when we climbed into the hills, and I physically couldn't go faster than 100, no matter how I tried...

squid :nya:

and your faster now..? :bye: that was the first ride out on a 6 hundred you muppet after communting for 3 months on a 250gpx...

I physically couldn't go faster than 100, no matter how I tried...

Small engine, fat bloke, welcome to my world :(

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 22:01
and your faster now..? :bye: that was the first ride out on a 6 hundred you muppet after communting for 3 months on a 250gpx...

sooooooo..... hows your plate going?

boomer
29th June 2006, 22:04
sooooooo..... hows your plate going?

restored to its former glory and bullshit letter sent to wellington, if nothing else it'll delay payment for a while.

I've disputed both counts;

asked if a new wof will prove the bike is legal
Told them the cozza wouldnt show me the radar and i was at the back of a pack of 3 bikes so how did he know it was me...

i'm sure my pockets will be lighter soon.. but here's to trying

More room for billiards eh ;)

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 22:07
restored to its former glory and bullshit letter sent to wellington, if nothing else it'll delay payment for a while.

I've disputed both counts;

asked if a new wof will prove the bike is legal
Told them the cozza wouldnt show me the radar and i was at the back of a pack of 3 bikes so how did he know it was me...

Can always try... funny they did you for it though... they smelt your fishy odour?

boomer
29th June 2006, 22:10
probably something to do with me verbally abusing him... Karma has its way of showing its ugly face... you know that; i'm sure your mother's explained why teh doctors smacked you so hard at birth..there aint no tree on this planet that can be blamed for your looks ;)

Back Fire
29th June 2006, 22:16
probably something to do with me verbally abusing him... Karma has its way of showing its ugly face... you know that; i'm sure your mother's explained why teh doctors smacked you so hard at birth..there aint no tree on this planet that can be blamed for your looks ;)

It was the nurses fault... she pushed a photo of you in front of me... the shock perminatly mutilated my face

Kornholio
29th June 2006, 22:27
The Doctor smacked my Mum when she had me............. :shifty:

justsomeguy
29th June 2006, 22:38

There was that one time at band camp........

Oh no it was the Coro Loop when you only had time to come till Miranda......

Anyway......:whocares:

You all are probably wayyy faster than me anyway, yes I'll admit it ......:wait:

(Or just for the heck of it you could find yourself a bike that is equally as fast as mine and we can find out at the next track day) :whistle:

Gremlin
29th June 2006, 23:52
Don't worry boomer... we can be sad about our plates together... I've had to replace mine, and I also have to write a letter...

At least you don't have this huuuuuge thing (shuddup weasel) that is skew, and off to one side... I still can't believe the AMPS guys drilled it wrong :crybaby:

At least you don't have this huuuuuge thing (shuddup weasel)

Yeh man, too many pies and getting over the tank starts to be a problem...

Calender event here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=891&day=2006-7-2&)

Weather looks good for the weekend, see ya all there.

N4CR
30th June 2006, 02:52
Where abouts in clevedon and what time? 11ish? I might be able to run from my last exam to make it if I can afford it hrrmmm... I'll get some real twisties action going, you squids! Sans fairings of course. And if you can't beat me with a slipping clutch, slidey rear and royally fucked 'I can't be fucked waking up today' carbs you have no hope.. at all. Ever. Never never never ever.

my penis is bigger than yours

my penis is bigger than yours

I agreed until that point ;)

Motoracer
1st July 2006, 00:17
I might be keen for this one.

I don't want to do the whole loop though. Am keen to do just a short run and turn back from half way.

Squeak the Rat
1st July 2006, 14:35
Just came back from a blat to Pauanui. Gravel on road is waaay before braking points! Haha, just kidding. I had no problems at all coming from Miranda, but could see one or two parts the other way - shouldn't be a problem if you keep your eyes open.

One point to note, there appeared to be some ice over the Hikauai(sp?) hills in the sections of road that don't get the sun. Not sure if it was ice - there were warning signs up and they said grit had also been laid, but it looked quite slippy.

So just take it easy in places where the sun don't shine. Otherwise peerrrrfect weather for it! Enjoy! :woohoo:

[Edit:] saw quite a few coppas on the SH between auck and thames, plus another 2 over the hik's....

GIXser
1st July 2006, 19:15
tom,, is looking good----

Hellraiser
1st July 2006, 19:57
So for those of us who want too catch up with you guys in Clevdon what time will you be there? and shall we meet you at the shell station? or are you not planning on stopping in clevdon?

geoffm
1st July 2006, 20:00
Where is the BP in Botany Downs for us folk wh avoid the place?
Geoff

Hellraiser
1st July 2006, 20:04
Also looks like the last fine day for the forseeable future

Badcat
1st July 2006, 20:10
anyone have an ETA back in AK?
the duchess looks like she might be in a day-pass issuing mood.....

GIXser
1st July 2006, 21:01
Geoff

Go to end of te raukau drive botany/warehouse should be on ya right. mc donalds , and K mart on left (heaps of lights),( keep going till the end, hit set of lights , (chapel rd) turn left 100 meters on left BP

Limb
1st July 2006, 23:18
Road works on the one way bridge at the start of the straights before Prescots garage (going clockwise) Loose metal on the corner and rough by twin kauri coming down tairua hill, but most of all watch out for those shady corners. They don't dry out all day.

Gremlin
2nd July 2006, 00:18
Geoff
I'll go one better... here's a map, I posted it a while ago...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24522&d=1138025605

get off the motorway onto the south eastern (following directions for howick/pakuranga). Follow it along, holding left at divider. Keep following, you'll go through 2 sets of traffic lights, and over a bridge.

At the next traffic light, (4 roads), turn right, onto Ti Rakau Drive. Careful. Speed limit of 60, there is a camera, will be on your side. Keep following for a while and pass a paradice on your left, pak 'n on your right. (big shopping centre... botany town centre)

At a set of traffic lights, the other side will look like residential. Look to your left, there will be a bp, just down the road (chapel rd)... Go there.

Hope you make it.. lemme know if you need more directions

Zapf
2nd July 2006, 01:18

if I may suggest you can turn off SH1 at bombays and go up the back towards hotel de vin. by pass those nasty pesky little stones.

aff-man
2nd July 2006, 09:27
tom,, is looking good----

ummm hey tom i'd watch out for the old man with the highlights if i was you

Badcat
2nd July 2006, 17:40
thanks for a great day today guys.
sorry i disappeared, i found in Coromandel as we were leaving for whitianga that the nut off my swingarm pivot was missing, and the swingarm axle was inching out....
couldn't really keep going so i hunted high and low in the open garages in coromandel. finally got a suitable nut (thanks G.A.S petrol station!!!) and headed home.
brilliant ride though, i'll stay for the whole loop next time!

ken

GIXser
2nd July 2006, 17:58
Great ride chappies what a day, did anyone notice the ocean on our way down to orere point..??,truly beautiful,, Spankeme set a good pace, unfortunately some of us weren't able to do the whole loop,and headed off after Kauiaia...a few slippery bits in between clevedon and orere, but all was good , except for the small bin, by... (sorry dont know ya name ,) but hope everything is "tickityboo" the corner is well known, i have seen 3 people binn their bike there,, NOT GOOD..
anyways untill next time,

oooooohhh thats right the almighty Puke track day next weekend,, time to get me rocks off....

Back Fire
2nd July 2006, 18:58
thanks for a great day today guys.
sorry i disappeared, i found in Coromandel as we were leaving for whitianga that the nut off my swingarm pivot was missing, and the swingarm axle was inching out....
couldn't really keep going so i hunted high and low in the open garages in coromandel. finally got a suitable nut (thanks G.A.S petrol station!!!) and headed home.
brilliant ride though, i'll stay for the whole loop next time!

ken

shit dude... thats some arse luck! you left me as the only trail bike!!! oh well... I made up for it by giving the rest a run for their money :doobey: :nya:

beaten by a farm bike? for shame :bleh:

hahahahaha

Back Fire
2nd July 2006, 19:00
Great ride chappies what a day

was that you on the yellow gix? how do you manage to get away with your plate where it is...

The_Dover
2nd July 2006, 19:03
Short answer?

He doesn't :rofl:

aff-man
2nd July 2006, 19:08
yeh was good.... had some fun

Grahameeboy
2nd July 2006, 19:10
Yep I had some awesome views when I headed back lonesome.....ya just cannot beat NZ when the sun is out eh?

Grahameeboy
2nd July 2006, 19:12
shit dude... thats some arse luck! you left me as the only trail bike!!! oh well... I made up for it by giving the rest a run for their money :doobey: :nya:

hahahahaha

Is that young blood goating again.......:blah:

Grahameeboy
2nd July 2006, 19:13
yeh was good.... had some fun

guess it was more fun without brakes then??

Badcat
2nd July 2006, 19:21

hahahahaha

nope - sorted it, and leaves me finishing the whole loop for next time.
it was a great day, was pretty happy how the old girl did actually!
great to put faces to some of the names.

ken

aff-man
2nd July 2006, 19:29
guess it was more fun without brakes then??

yeh..... got a bit interesting in some corners not being able to bleed off enough speed and the front started moving a bit... gotta get that sorted aye.. hahahaha

was good fun through the hanua's though..

Grahameeboy
2nd July 2006, 19:32
yeh..... got a bit interesting in some corners not being able to bleed off enough speed and the front started moving a bit... gotta get that sorted aye.. hahahaha

was good fun through the hanua's though..

...lay off the speed dude.....it kinda keeps you from going round the bend man!!!

Grahameeboy
2nd July 2006, 19:33
nope - sorted it, and leaves me finishing the whole loop for next time.
it was a great day, was pretty happy how the old girl did actually!
great to put faces to some of the names.

ken

yep best looking bike..best looking helmet...best loo.....nah that is going a tad too far!!

The Stranger
2nd July 2006, 21:35
Yep I had some awesome views when I headed back lonesome.....ya just cannot beat NZ when the sun is out eh?

Wish we had known you were not doing the full loop.
2 of us went all the way back to Coromandel from Whitianga looking for the stragglers. Could have saved us a heap of time and fuel.

Back Fire
2nd July 2006, 21:48
2 of us went all the way back to Coromandel looking for the stragglers. Could have saved us a heap of time and fuel.

and you really had problems about going back through those twisties? heh

Grahameeboy
3rd July 2006, 06:02
2 of us went all the way back to Coromandel from Whitianga looking for the stragglers. Could have saved us a heap of time and fuel.

Mmmm...I told Weasel and mentioned it when we were talking during lunch....sorry for your trouble.....Weasel told me to leave last as I was not doing full loop to avoid someone following me.

aff-man
3rd July 2006, 09:58
Mmmm...I told Weasel and mentioned it when we were talking during lunch....sorry for your trouble.....Weasel told me to leave last as I was not doing full loop to avoid someone following me.

what like the muppets who followed me at the whitford round about.....:nya:

Sorry mate, you got me confused with the pie eating Gremlin...

Perhaps his memory was impared by a lack of pies.

Gremlin
3rd July 2006, 17:20
nah Graham, that would be me, and I knew about you. The problem tho, was that we still thought we had other riders unaccounted for... didn't know about BadCat either... until Noel and Christine had already gone back.

Don't go telling weasel either... he's useless, and passes the time by making unhelpful shitty comments. :bleh:

Grahameeboy
3rd July 2006, 18:28
nah Graham, that would be me, and I knew about you. The problem tho, was that we still thought we had other riders unaccounted for... didn't know about BadCat either... until Noel and Christine had already gone back.

Don't go telling weasel either... he's useless, and passes the time by making unhelpful shitty comments. :bleh:

Bugger and sorry.................

aff-man
3rd July 2006, 18:30

oh and what happened to you before kaiua signalled for you to follow and you didn't?? them new leathers slowin ya down:nya:

Sorry dude... I'd just eaten eh... no use talking to me in that kinda state :zzzz:

SkOrM
3rd July 2006, 18:48
blody awsome ride... a bit iffy in the shaded spots along the coast. it was quite funny when i would neary be on weasels pillon seat on the mountain twisties then he would fuck of on the straights. liam had a pretty crap day
binning on one corner then getiing busted on the way back
ill deffinatly have to go back....(and if i can afford it) on a faster bike

it was quite funny when i would neary be on weasels pillon seat on the mountain twisties then he would fuck of on the straights.

Yeh, was really funny when I'd see this shadow rapidly approaching my ass going into a corner :gob:

Gremlin
3rd July 2006, 20:05
oh and what happened to you before kaiua signalled for you to follow and you didn't?? them new leathers slowin ya down:nya:
Follow you?? You think I'm suicidal?? :weird:

And after you were busy telling everyone you were struggling to brake for corners etc... I was keeping as far as possible. You might remember me waving you through, as soon as you approached...

It was a double entende... :bleh:

GIXser
3rd July 2006, 20:41
what like the muppets who followed me at the whitford round about.....:nya:

Who you calling a muppet "Ernie":blah:

SkOrM
3rd July 2006, 20:51
Yeh, was really funny when I'd see this shadow rapidly approaching my ass going into a corner :gob:

i had to make up for the ''commuter'' bike comment:scooter:
but definatly in the summer ill have to go back to corro on a 250 sports bike
then i would still ba able to hold speed in corners and have the straightline speed and passing ability the FXR can only draem about:wait:

beyond
3rd July 2006, 21:09
i had to make up for the ''commuter'' bike comment:scooter:
but definatly in the summer ill have to go back to corro on a 250 sports bike
then i would still ba able to hold speed in corners and have the straightline speed and passing ability the FXR can only draem about:wait:

Hey mate, you gotta do it on a GSX1400. Now that's real fun. :)

You know you want to.

aff-man
3rd July 2006, 22:22
Who you calling a muppet "Ernie":blah:

hey blondy how are your golfing skills lately??

And after you were busy telling everyone you were struggling to brake for corners etc... I was keeping as far as possible. You might remember me waving you through, as soon as you approached...
Yeh just cause I was braking a bit earlier/ very early I was still outbraking you:nya: Fine i'll get the brakes sorted and then we'll to the "kiaua loop"

GIXser
4th July 2006, 10:43
Aff doing a RIDEBY"

Zapf
4th July 2006, 14:42
can someone PM me if Liam was on this ride and what he got up to?

thanks

can someone PM me if Liam was on this ride and what he got up to?

thanks

Liam was on the ride, I'll let him explain what happened should he wish to do so.

SkOrM
4th July 2006, 17:28
You know you want to.

yeah...i do:yes: