PDA

View Full Version : Final six in battle for MotoGP

Bob
29th June 2006, 00:26
Six venture capital groups are competing to buy the rights to MotoGP, after current owners CVC were forced to sell their 75% stake after agreeing to take control of Formula One.

The final six are understood to be PAI, Advent, Apax Partners, Bridgepoint and Lion Capital. The stake is up for sale with a price tag of €500 million (£345 million). The successful bid is expected to be announced towards the end of July/early August.

The remaining shares are held by Dorna’s management. Dorna is expected to have an important influence on the sale, meaning that the highest bid may not succeed if it is felt that the company concerned cannot work with the management team.

Dorna holds the rights to run MotoGP, as the races are known, until at least 2026 and has an option to extend the rights beyond that time.

Motu
29th June 2006, 07:33
I dunno......what will I get out of it? do I get free tickets....and my mates? Can I have a fang on any bike on the grid? Is the food good?

My business advisor will contact you shortly.....

chris
29th June 2006, 10:47
Six venture capital groups are competing to buy the rights to MotoGP, after current owners CVC were forced to sell their 75% stake after agreeing to take control of Formula One.

The final six are understood to be PAI, Advent, Apax Partners, Bridgepoint and Lion Capital. The stake is up for sale with a price tag of €500 million (£345 million). The successful bid is expected to be announced towards the end of July/early August.

The remaining shares are held by Dorna’s management. Dorna is expected to have an important influence on the sale, meaning that the highest bid may not succeed if it is felt that the company concerned cannot work with the management team.

Dorna holds the rights to run MotoGP, as the races are known, until at least 2026 and has an option to extend the rights beyond that time.
Source for this?

Mental Trousers
29th June 2006, 15:34
If we did a whip around do ya reckon we could be the 7th contender?

Bob
29th June 2006, 20:16
Source for this?

A good journalist never reveals his sources...:blip:

Seriously, I found it in The Times newspaper.