PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

FA50 rider
29th June 2006, 07:24
i need help
my brother was being an idot on my scooter that i have for sale, he must hit a bump the head of 1 of the exhuast bolts broke off, so cant get it out, so i went to take off the cylinder last night and the the bolts start slipping on the spanner and wran them down and now i cant get it off to put a different cylinder on, and the the thing is i have it for sale and i have people coming out to have a look at it on sat
so i need help on getting the cylinder off
please help me
i have $40 to spend if its going to cost me (its my brothers money that i owe him but hes not getting it now!!!!!!!)
thanks johnnnie

Motoracer
29th June 2006, 10:14
Would have helped if you were up here. Most garages should be able to do it anyway. It is a bit of a pain in the arse so most wont want to do it.

An engineering workshop or an auto motive garage will charge you approx $80 for the job.

ajturbo
29th June 2006, 10:32
i need help
my brother

yer right:nya:

ManDownUnder
29th June 2006, 10:40
If the head of the bolt is intact, but worn, get a good spanner and a nut of the same size (one the spanner fits nicely).

Take it to an engineering place or someone on KB with a welder and have them weld it on top of the broken off/ worn out bolt.

Spray CRC all over the bloody thing (after the welding - not before)... and undo the bolt
Should cost you a beer... possibly two.

If the head of the bolt has snapped off completely, flush (or small enough so it can't be grabbed or welded onto), drill a hole through the middle, get an "ezy out" and unscrew it - again... after liberally dosing it witrh CRC and letting it soak.

If there is enough to "grab" and it suits... try heaps of CRC (again) and grabbing it with some vice grips. Do the bastards up as tight as you can if you do it this way because slippage, and buggering up the top of the bolt will reduce your chances of geting it out.

Another tip... apply CRC, then let it sit for a bit, grab a hammer and tap the head of the bolt to be removed. Warming the engine may help too.
MDU

Motu
29th June 2006, 10:59
10mm is the size of the nut on the cyl head stud,so buy a six point socket to fit,maybe hammer it on...then maybe you can get the nuts off.The barrel should lift off with a few blows with a hammer on a short piece of 4x2....you have already removed the footpegs I presume.Take the barrel into any garage or light engineering shop and they'll get the studs out.Everything is studs - no bolts.

skidMark
29th June 2006, 12:27
if worst comes to worse, and you can't get the stud out after the barrel is off.....take it to an engineer and get them to SPARK ERODE the stud out.... ive had it done...should set you back 20 or 30 bucks max

FA50 rider
29th June 2006, 17:38
i have one of those ez off sets but its an bit of a drive to get it (its at my grandmas) hope that gets it off i will go and get it on sat in the weekend

FA50 rider
29th June 2006, 17:54
yer right:nya:

no im for real my brother is a selfish ********************* i wont say the rest hes older than me and i cant wait till he moves out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ME
:motu: :finger:
BROTHER
<_<
and i mean it to

bladez
29th June 2006, 18:07
step one knock ya brothers teeth out and put on nut if that doest work atleast you had fun :nono:

FA50 rider
30th June 2006, 18:11
i got it out!!!! i fliped my scooter other and the bit that was in there was only about 8mm-10mm long and it was loose in the hole so all i had to do is run a needle file around the edge of it untill i could get it with the needle grips, so i didnt need to take the cylinder off! thanks for all the help i was going to try them all But in the end i didnt need to. thanks johnnie

diggydog
30th June 2006, 18:31
i got it out!!!! i fliped my scooter other and the bit that was in there was only about 8mm-10mm long and it was loose in the hole so all i had to do is run a needle file around the edge of it untill i could get it with the needle grips, so i didnt need to take the cylinder off! thanks for all the help i was going to try them all But in the end i didnt need to. thanks johnnie
Don't you fell good now, and give yourself a pat on the back.:doobey: :rockon:

Colapop
30th June 2006, 19:16
Also tell your brother some hot chick is coming then when he looks smack him in the head with a 4x2 and tell him not to ride your bike....

j/k

FA50 rider
30th June 2006, 19:42
will give it ago!!!!

FA50 rider
30th June 2006, 19:43
also im looking for a new exhaust for my bike do you know where i can gat for cheap?

Colapop
30th June 2006, 19:44
So what are ya gonna do with your cash (from the sale)?

I'll tell ya what, spend it on a FXR 150 or Kr 150 or something and get out riding ....

FA50 rider
30th June 2006, 20:09
na im going to buy a mountain bike its frist on my list then i get a job (when i move to nelson) and buy more scooters and motor bikes to work on, also get in to RC gas boating (im working on one now but its going to a while until its going, no time at the moment) do you think $250 is to cheap for the FA50? thanks johnnie

skidMark
30th June 2006, 21:48
$250 LOL my mate sold his one which was in rough as hell condition...$700

i couldn't believe it aye