PDA

View Full Version : New BMW F800 Stunt bike

Riff Raff
29th June 2006, 12:22
The F800 is BMW's serious stab at the maintstream, built to take on Suzuki's SV650 and muscling in on Kawasaki's middleweight parallel twin, the new ER6.

BMW F 800 S Goes Stuntbike With Christian Pfeiffer
The former stunt world champion Christian Pfeiffer presents his breathtaking motorcycling tricks on the new BMW F 800 S this year. Even in test rides with prototypes last year, Chris Pfeiffer was instantly taken with the playful agility and perfect engine characteristics of the brand new BMW 2-cylinder. BMW Motorrad was happy to oblige when Pfeiffer requested an F 800 as his new "working tool" at the very start of the freestyle season and well before the start of delivery to customers. Christian Pfeiffer was provided with a pre-series model which he modified accordingly.

The new motorcycle came through its baptism of fire in February at the "Stunt Wars" in sunny Florida with flying colours. "Stunt Wars" is the biggest freestyle motorcycle competition in the US and is regarded by pros as the unofficial world championship. 35-year-old Pfeiffer won hands down against the best stunt professionals in the world, with free-hand wheelie circles followed by a 230° turn for example ­ a feat never seen before. The modified F 800 S was the only 2-cylinder machine in the field ­ most of the competition used 4-cylinder bikes.

Pfeiffer was particularly enthusiastic about the F 800's engine characteristics: "The engine is really well connected to the throttle and the power is transmitted spontaneously and sensitively ­ much better than in my last motorcycle with chain drive. That is exactly what I have always wanted for my stunts ­ absolutely perfect. From the very beginning I felt good on this bike, the balance is great ­ I hardly had to do anything to it, almost everything stayed as standard."

Christian Pfeiffer will perform all his stunt appearances in 2006 on the BMW F 800 S. In mid-February, spectators were captivated by his amazing first appearance of 2006 in Europe at the motorcycle trade fair in Zurich where he performed breathtaking tricks on the motorcycle.

Further information is available on the homepage of BMW Motorrad at www.bmw-motorrad.de and on the homepage of Christian Pfeiffer at www.christianpfeiffer.com.

kiwifruit
29th June 2006, 12:27
a true legend
cheers for the link :)

James Deuce
29th June 2006, 12:34
Thank goodness for that. Now when I buy one it will come with free stunt-cred.

Riff Raff
29th June 2006, 12:42
Apparently the only mods needed to turn it into a stunt bike were making the gearing shorter, remapping the engine for smoother engine braking, a bigger rear cog and a wheelie bar.

ZeroIndex
29th June 2006, 12:50
damn that's cool.. *Added to wishlist*

larriken
29th June 2006, 22:56
Apparently the only mods needed to turn it into a stunt bike were making the gearing shorter, remapping the engine for smoother engine braking, a bigger rear cog and a wheelie bar.

That's pretty much all any bike needs. Still cool though!

2much
30th June 2006, 16:40

And hand brake.... you can see him using it in the pic.

Interesting setup, weird looking 12 bar, and no crash protection! That's confidence!

jimbo600
30th June 2006, 17:34
That 1st pic reminded me of WT on the Hutt motorway in the wind.

XTC
30th June 2006, 17:35
and no crash protection! That's confidence!
Na it's just not his bike so doesn't matter if he crashes it.

Mental Trousers
30th June 2006, 17:50
So why does everyone use 4's for stunting anyway?? I would've thought twins would be much better, especially if they run a heavier fly wheel.

James Deuce
30th June 2006, 18:29
That 1st pic reminded me of WT on the Hutt motorway in the wind.

That's just mean, you pommie git!

MD
30th June 2006, 18:35
That bike's far too cool looking to be a BMW? I see it's getting really good test reviews as well. Worth a looksie when they turn up down under.

sAsLEX
30th June 2006, 19:43
. The modified F 800 S was the only 2-cylinder machine in the field ­ most of the competition used 4-cylinder bikes.

he used to use Dukes, so not really a change for him

Titanium
30th June 2006, 19:54
That bike's far too cool looking to be a BMW? I see it's getting really good test reviews as well. Worth a looksie when they turn up down under.

Nahhhh I reckon it looks cool enough to be a BMW..... they just getting the shite together after about 100 years..... but I am biased.

:scooter:

Storm
30th June 2006, 20:56
And to be an unnaturally talented freak doesnt hurt does it? I reckon I'll need more than just his bike to be that good. I have a video clip of him at some stunt champs where he throws a variety of bikes around, including a trials bike with no front wheel, a motard and a couple of dukes. When he says hes the man, theres no lying!!

sAsLEX
30th June 2006, 21:10
a trials bike with no front wheel,

best bit is where he does slow circle on that around his female elper grabs a "beer" has a drink and carries on

MD
30th June 2006, 22:27
Nahhhh I reckon it looks cool enough to be a BMW..... they just getting the shite together after about 100 years..... but I am biased.

:scooter:
Yep. They must have retired their Stylist a few years ago after only 60 years in the job.