PDA

View Full Version : This could be the new ZXR250

Buddy L
29th June 2006, 22:46
But it looks like its a japan only bike so unless you know people in the right places, we all lucked out.
cost a bob or to as well, out of the any 250 riders buget.
Don't have any stats about the bike just a pic.

poorbastard
29th June 2006, 22:49
Can we see the pic then?

Buddy L
29th June 2006, 22:55
this time with the photo

poorbastard
29th June 2006, 22:59
Looks bloody awsome. If they actually do bring it out I reckon it will sell bloody fast and sure as hell drop the price of my bike as well.

Lazy7
29th June 2006, 23:00
twin exhausts?

looks good.

onearmedbandit
29th June 2006, 23:00
Mate, that is just someones design, hence why you don't have any stats on it, as they don't really exist. Supersports 250 production in Japan stopped in the mid 90's iirc.

Sniper
29th June 2006, 23:12
Its also called photoshop and the nice little copyright 2004 symbol on the bottom doesnt help it any

R6_kid
29th June 2006, 23:30
omfg repost! i was quite convinced that the ZX-RR was a new ZX2R for a while because there was a pic on the back of the road code, and it talked about the ZXR250, and on the other copy i had it had a pic of GPX250R and it spoke about a GPX250R in the text.

Either way, someone being overzealous with their photoshop/imagination and not thinking mechanically minded. Having two pipes that large is just excess weight, and the outlet pipes would be miniscule to achieve even the lightest fart of backpressure.

limbimtimwim
29th June 2006, 23:49
But,

The Balius lives on, if you liked the ZXR engine. ( http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/balius2/index.jsp ) . Well, it's probably detuned. I think that is as close as we'll get.

:(

Unless 250GP goes four stroke. I'd spontanously combust if that happened. I'd fly to Japan and beg them to make a road legal replica...

limbimtimwim
29th June 2006, 23:53
I was looking a bit more at that site, check out this crazy 250..

http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/eliminator250v/index.jsp

Look at that rake!! That's so stupid looking, it's frickn' cool.

sexy beast
30th June 2006, 00:34
twin exhausts?
but my '88 250R had twin exhausts as well???

Gremlin
30th June 2006, 01:13
sexy beast, you most likely had a gpx or zzr 250... they have twins (well, I know the zzr did...)

frogfeaturesFZR
30th June 2006, 08:05
:yes: That is one seriously cool bike

The_Dover
30th June 2006, 08:06
Could it be the mythical ZX-2R that No4SKN is always wanking on about?

sAsLEX
30th June 2006, 08:32
:(

Unless 250GP goes four stroke. I'd spontanously combust if that happened. I'd fly to Japan and beg them to make a road legal replica...

Well two strokes are being banned the world over do you suggest they jsut drop the feeder series's for GP !?

skelstar
30th June 2006, 08:52
I think the twin pipe is an optical illusion.
2004 copyright is amusing eh Sniper?

limbimtimwim
30th June 2006, 09:13
Well two strokes are being banned the world over do you suggest they jsut drop the feeder series's for GP !?No way, just make a 4 stroke MiniGP class or something. 400cc 4cyclinder bikes would make me and you very very happy, eh? ;) And drop 250 two strokes, because it'll have to happen one day.

onearmedbandit
30th June 2006, 09:43
I think the twin pipe is an optical illusion.

The whole bike is an optical illusion!

Sniper
30th June 2006, 10:08
2004 copyright is amusing eh Sniper?
Yep, I did piss myself when I saw it and the title saying it could be the new (meaning 2007 or later) bike.

Jamezo
30th June 2006, 10:42
Mmmmmmmm, if they went to a four stroke 250/400GP from the 125/250GP, and it was supported by the manufacturers with new bikes, a lot of Kiwis would be vary happey!

placidfemme
30th June 2006, 13:31
That picture is over a year old... Unfortunatley for those on Learner & Restricted Licenses, who are into real sporty bikes, the only newer models coming out or the Hyosungs... which IMO are kinda crap anyway. And Aprilla's which are out of most Learners & Restricted License holders price range...

As stated in the other 250 Thread about the other Kawasaki 250's

Those are the ones currently released in the USA. ZXR's were never (not in the 250 class) released in the USA. Infact if you imported one now you wouldn't even be able to get it road legal. They have those other shitty ZX2R That looks pretty much like a more modern version of the ZZR. Which again IMO are shit.

But the good news is... one day you'll be able to get a bigger bike and none of this will matter much then.

Buddy L
30th June 2006, 14:45
Thought that might get you all ticking away, sprocket that size as well, would have trouble turning it, looks like a 600cc from a race team, then had some exuasts bunged on from a V twin or something, in photoshop and changed the graphics.

placidfemme
30th June 2006, 14:55
You may have also noticed on the tank under "Kawasaki" is "jiwang.net" which leads to this website:

http://www.jiwang.net/store/

Which by the looks of things is a mobile phone website...

Did a search on the Site for ZX2R and Kawasaki. Nothing.

onearmedbandit
30th June 2006, 14:59
Thought that might get you all ticking away, sprocket that size as well, would have trouble turning it, looks like a 600cc from a race team, then had some exuasts bunged on from a V twin or something, in photoshop and changed the graphics.

Good save....:blip:

Buddy L
30th June 2006, 15:21
Good save....:blip:
Don't you know it
was going to jizzzzzs myself if it was true.:tugger:

rookie
30th June 2006, 22:24
That picture is over a year old... Unfortunatley for those on Learner & Restricted Licenses, who are into real sporty bikes, the only newer models coming out or the Hyosungs... which IMO are kinda crap anyway. And Aprilla's which are out of most Learners & Restricted License holders price range...

As stated in the other 250 Thread about the other Kawasaki 250's

Those are the ones currently released in the USA. ZXR's were never (not in the 250 class) released in the USA. Infact if you imported one now you wouldn't even be able to get it road legal. They have those other shitty ZX2R That looks pretty much like a more modern version of the ZZR. Which again IMO are shit.

But the good news is... one day you'll be able to get a bigger bike and none of this will matter much then.

yea but its nice to dream:drool:

N4CR
30th June 2006, 23:38
Could it be the mythical ZX-2R that No4SKN is always wanking on about?
What have I said about them? Or are you meaning the 'Phantom Edition', which is a complete pisstake made by myself and spread by a few others. We have a few believers too.. it's great! Within a year or so I will transform mine into a proper phantom edition though. And I'm serious :) I ain't selling the beast.

That zxr250 '2007' is a photochop and was on bikepics a year or so ago... complete utter crock. How many IL4 250's have 2 exhausts? Ya don't need em with tiny cylinders like that... And a zxr400 crank case tehehehe good try though.

I wish that bike existed.

The '2001' etc zxr models in australia are a crock of shit too, they were just re registered/certified as 2001 etc on import. Some weird loophole probably as production ceased end of 1995.

Motoracer
30th June 2006, 23:47
I'm not that bike crazy as I used to be... but, 98-99 R1 head, Early 2000 Kawasaki lip, Genuine Kawasaki fuel tank, 04 R1 tail unit complete with tail lights, genuine kawasaki shovel at the rear. I am dissapointed that I can't recognise other bits as they are obviously from shit loads of different bikes.

Funniest things on it would be 2 different sets of front indicators. One normal mount and one mirror mount. lol