PDA

View Full Version : Gixxer Family go for a blat

Cajun
3rd July 2006, 09:03
Lowered the wifes 1k about 3 months ago by 1" at rear with dogbones, and never got around to doing the front. I was riding it around during the week and noticed it was slow at turning in, so saturday was decided to lower the front to match the rear. got a mate down who knows what he doing. Since we wanted to look at all the supension setup on all the bikes while we are it.(I know enough to get myself in to trouble, and thats about it).

So sunday was test day, we decided we wanted to head 'south' in some direction.

Meet up at 10am, to figure out which way we going. decided to head to whakatane this is usual a pretty uneventful trip, pretty boring, since its pretty straight, espically when you put the matata straights in the loop. but was good time to see how the new setups on the bikes feel.

Just before whakatane, decided, would hope over the hill to ohope beach, mostly due to the nice hill that seprates these two, just a pity most of it was damp. Pull in to ohope take a cruise down the beach, the local surf club as a little comp on, so we roll back down, decided this is a good area for a bit of a photo shoot of the bikes.

30 mins later back on the bikes heading to rotovegas for lunch. via the manawahe's. First its via awakeri then thru te teko. Now the fun begins, leave the wife and father in law behind, as i decide to take it up a couple of steps, to really see how the new setup works. This bit of road is nice, always nicely sealed. no real big ruts, or anything in the road, and plenty range of corners, from nice long sweapers, to 35-45km corners. Only down side, was still damp thru some bits, saw a couple signs for 'Ice/grit' didn't feel the ice or really notice any grit, even the damp spots, where pretty good over all.

I get to Lake Rotama, decide its a good spot for me to pull over and wait for the rest to catch up, waited about a 1min for wife to show up, then a futher min for father in law to show up. Decide to stop here and take a couple more snaps.

Then off to rotovegas to get that food, the rest of this road past Lake Rotoehu, then Lake Rotoiti. It is a bit populated with people wanting to live beside the lakes, so posted speed limit from here is like 80km/h, but i took that as a guide :p.

Stoped at the cafe beside the lake, and meet up with some of the local uysless members, couple out with the hog run, and a couple just out just on there own. they were leaving as we arrived. Which was handy, gave us a table to sit down. Get the food down a gobs, talk some bullshit, then back on the bikes. Gased up leaving rotovegas, since father in law wanted to stop in at the Okoroire on way home so home via the mamaku's was the next route. This road normally as some :Police: around somewhere, but not a one.

Stoped in at the oko, Was a few different groups, was about 35ish bikes already there, most of them harleys and the like. Had a quick drink, me and wife decided it was starting to cool down and wanted to get back on the road. Before the kamais started getting to cold. Had a goodish run up the kamais not many cars, so plenty of clear road. Then a quickish trip back down in to tauranga, and home. To light the fire.

Over all a good day only saw 1 :Police: all trip, that was very close to home.

PS - Bike pictures taken at ohope beach, picture of our ugly mugs taken at Lake Rotama

Two Smoker
3rd July 2006, 11:03
Wicked write up Neal :niceone: Glad you guys had a mint ride :niceone:

oldrider
14th July 2006, 22:00
That guy on the right in pic 3 looks like the nice man who made my bike seat comfortable to ride on, is it him? Cheers John.

MotoGirl
14th July 2006, 22:10
Yep - that's Mac aka 'Dad' aka Mr Rider Custom Seats (I'm the girl in the picture above!)

oldrider
14th July 2006, 22:22
Do you work at the factory too, if so we have met.
I was very impressed with all the people at Rider seats and I'm even more impressed with my seat, so is mrs O/rider. :first: Cheers and thanks, John.

MotoGirl
14th July 2006, 22:31
I'm normally there on a Sat. morning. My sister works there full time so you have probably met her.

James Deuce
14th July 2006, 22:45
Good stuff! Family bike outings sound like a brilliant idea.

MotoGirl
14th July 2006, 22:50
Yeah - it's just a shame my mother and sister and brother inlaw have lost interest. Sister's Monster is coming up for sale soon and dad is going to sell mum's Bandit when he's buys the new model Busa. The brother in law has a ZX10R but he's a pussy and doesn't ride it :)

We used to have six of us riding together but it's down to three now.

yungatart
14th July 2006, 22:51
Good stuff! Family bike outings sound like a brilliant idea.

Yep, they sure are!

Firefight
16th July 2006, 08:06
Yep -(I'm the girl in the picture above!)

I can see two girls in the pic...

F/F

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 13:30
I can see two girls in the pic...
F/F

That's not a nice way to talk about my father :crybaby:
haha Cajun is a girlie on two wheels anyway...

MidnightMike
16th July 2006, 13:36
Sounds like a great time cajun & co. Nice write up! :yes:

Firefight
16th July 2006, 13:37
haha Cajun is a girlie on two wheels anyway...

you know I would not talk about your dad like that,

that only leaves the bananaman I guess.

Glad you guys had a good day

F/F

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 13:42
haha agreed - Mr Cajun tells me you're a "good" guy.

Today is such a pearler - shame I can't be naffed wiggling into the leathers to go for a blat! I've got the week off so Cajun and I might head out of town for a couple of days on the bikes. Find a place I haven't been before...

MidnightMike
16th July 2006, 13:45
Right out far down ohauiti road isnt too bad, just came back from there.

Not too bad if you dont mind a few bumps and a little bit of gravel :scooter:

Bloody good weather too.

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 13:51
Right out far down ohauiti road isnt too bad, just came back from there.
Hmm, interesting. Not sure if i've EVER been right up that road - only lived i Tauranga 25 yrs ha!

Firefight
16th July 2006, 13:53
haha agreed - Mr Cajun tells me you're a "good" guy.

Today is such a pearler - shame I can't be naffed wiggling into the leathers to go for a blat! I've got the week off so Cajun and I might head out of town for a couple of days on the bikes. Find a place I haven't been before...

I am on annual leave this week, tell Neal to give us a txt later in the week if you wanna do a ride over to Rags or 22 or whatever.

F/F

MidnightMike
16th July 2006, 13:55
Hmm, interesting. Not sure if i've EVER been right up that road - only lived i Tauranga 25 yrs ha!

Just keep ya visor closed, or else youll get a face full of bees at one point. :gob: ( I had mine down ) So the things got a taste of my Helmet.

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 14:09
I am on annual leave this week, tell Neal to give us a txt later in the week if you wanna do a ride over to Rags or 22 or whatever.
F/F

Right - good plan. I hear 22 is good but I've never ridden it.
This the one you ride regularly/daily?

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 14:10
Just keep ya visor closed, or else youll get a face full of bees at one point. :gob: ( I had mine down ) So the things got a taste of my Helmet.
haha nice! My bike looks like a bee so it would seem fitting to have them splattered all over it.

MotoGirl
16th July 2006, 14:23
Cajun - you are always on annual leave old man. all you do is sit on your ass at work anyway and then go out with lights flashing every once and a while,

Firefight
16th July 2006, 15:39
This the one you ride regularly/

yep

F/F