PDA

View Full Version : Hi all I'm new in this forum

ASKA
3rd July 2006, 11:57
Hi I'm new in this forum.
I'm looking for buying a scooter.
But don't know how many CC and what kind of style should I get?
The reason I need a scooter is for my daily use and fuel cost is too high for cars.:nono:
Anyone has suggestion about it? .........:scooter:
How many CC of scooters do u guys own?
What kind of style do u guys usually ride?

thanks for help

The Wop
3rd July 2006, 15:57
You have many options when buying a scooter for the first time. Most folk, who don't have a license, will go for a moped (50cc) that you can ride on a car license. The range of prices are from about $2k for a Taiwanese scoot to about $5k for a Vespa. Personally, I would recommend that you get your learner's and buy a bigger scoot. The Belladonna RV150 is probably the best value at $4k + ORC new or you can pick them up on TradeMe cheaper. At about $6K total You can be on a new Vespa PX200, stylie scoot (I ride one of these).

Incidentally, the RV150 and PX200 are the only geared scoots that you can buy new (or relatively new) from memory. All the others are "twist & go" autos. Loads of guys are die-hard geared scoot fans but there are loads of good autos out there, so don't be swayed...

You have to work out how much you wanna spend, how important reliability is (you can get a great classic scoot but it will break down often), whether you wanna pillion anyone (you cannot carry a passenger on a learner's but can carry a passenger on a moped with a car license), and how important brand is to you.

andrea
3rd July 2006, 16:45
Hi I'm new in this forum.
I'm looking for buying a scooter.
But don't know how many CC and what kind of style should I get?
The reason I need a scooter is for my daily use and fuel cost is too high for cars.:nono:
Anyone has suggestion about it? .........:scooter:
How many CC of scooters do u guys own?
What kind of style do u guys usually ride?

thanks for help

Bro Texmo is the best man to ask pm him:yes: , oh yeah welcome to the site

texmo
3rd July 2006, 17:29
Nah the woop it too andrea. But like he said most bigger cc stuff is more reliable and you can get on the motorway. Take a belladonna for a test ride, they are easy to ride and can get them or something similar cheep out of the t&e.
Stay clean of all stuff made in china, I do like itilian scooter a lot more but its not just because of looks. They are crap and made badly, Taiwanese scooters arent as bad but take your chances. The newer the better.

If you are keen to sit your licence (even though you never get asked for it on a scooter) get a 150 or 200 they make life a lot easyer as you can do 100 and get away from cars at the lights making your life that much longer.

how you can read my version of engrish any specific quetions just give us a yell, oh and make sure you get atlease a full face and gloves and a jacket not only saves you skin but keens you dry/warm.

ASKA
3rd July 2006, 20:53
Thanks for all the feedbacks guys.
I went to some motorbike shops today and saw some scooters I really like.
I probably need to get a motorbike license in the future.:rockon:
Aprilia mojito 50cc or 125cc
Aprilia SR50 50cc
RV150
Vespa
But I still don't know what kind of scooters I should get.:scooter:
Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters? Or any different models that any of you can recommend? Thanks for help.:yes:

kensuem
3rd July 2006, 22:24
Thanks for all the feedbacks guys.
I went to some motorbike shops today and saw some scooters I really like.
I probably need to get a motorbike license in the future.:rockon:
Aprilia mojito 50cc or 125cc
Aprilia SR50 50cc
RV150
Vespa
But I still don't know what kind of scooters I should get.:scooter:
Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters? Or any different models that any of you can recommend? Thanks for help.:yes:
I am selling my Suzuki sj125 as i have bought a Suzukign250,9 months old,have done 8000 klm.See my add on WWW.sellit.co.nz

texmo
3rd July 2006, 22:51
Dunno the first one
the second one is fast and good.
rv150/belladonna is good very reliable and wont break and warranty is very good on them, plus I can prbbly get you a deal if you ask nice.
Vespa The king of scooters I have ridden the new lx50 and lx150 and gst250ie If I had the moeny I would buy a lx150 with out thinking about it and the lx50 for $495 can be made to do about 80km/hr and beat most ricers to 60kmhr.

To decide what scooter you have you thinking aobut the one things that matters. Where am I going.
If it involve more than 40km's, the harbour bridge or the motorway get a 150 at least. If not then a 50 with a kit is probbly the go.

The Wop
4th July 2006, 11:38
I agree with Texmo, also consider your budget. Vespa is superb and I would also happily buy a LX150 (Have a LX50 and PX200) but they are not the cheapest scooters around, so if you are budget conscious, then the Aprilla is a good, Euro alternative. Have you considered Gilera? Also a good Euro alternative that is not as expensive. Piaggio (the makers of Vespa) also have a range of scooters that are a little cheaper than Vespa.

ASKA
4th July 2006, 15:20
I think my budget is around $5k. and I want to get 125cc or under
Is the Vaspa scooters engine in left side?? so is it hard when u turn left?
but still havent decided what kind of scooters I like ....help me out plz:zzzz:
Do u guys ususally ride the old school,sport,modern style scooter ??but good is with convenient
How about taiwanese brand scooters? is the RV150 made in Taiwan?

The Wop
4th July 2006, 16:05
Nope, RV150 is made in India. However, the LML factory was set up (somehow) with Piaggio, so the Belladonna (Stella in the States) is almost identical to the PX Vespa and uses similar tooling. For more info on the LML, go to www.retroscooter.co.nz

For $5k you could buy a new RV150 and get it on the road. You would also have some left over for a good full-face helmet, jacket and gloves (with you 100% on that one, Texmo). The LML is pretty old school, being 2-stroke, manual, etc. I belong to the Auckland scooter club, the Magnetos. See http://magnetos.org/ Not all the member ride old school scooters. There are loads of Gilera riders, Vespa autos, Piaggio, etc.

I think that Taiwanese is better than Chinese, but to be honest, I don't know much about the Asian scooters.

sKilled
4th July 2006, 16:23
If you are budget conscious there is another good argument for Vespas, or anything really from the house of Piaggio: Resale value! There will likely be a time when you decide to upgrade to a new scoot, big bike, or even a cage, and the Italian bikes are like money in the bank. The quality and goodwill are massive value enhancers.

texmo
4th July 2006, 17:17
For $5k the et2 is probbly your best bet in my opinon. Is easy to ride will do 60km/hr wont lose its value and you can get a second hand one from about $4k. They never brake down and the only matiance you need to do is take it to the shop every 5,000kms you will also need to put 2 stroke oil (get this from a scooter shop not a servo) in it when the light comes on.
Come to scooter drit racing on sunday at motat 2 at about midday. imagine old scooters and new caining around a muddy paddock hell for leather.

If you are seriously considering getting a belladonna you might wanna try trademe. you can find second hand one with less than 2,000kms all the time for cheep.

sKilled
4th July 2006, 19:22
...Come to scooter drit racing on sunday at motat 2 at about midday. imagine old scooters and new caining around a muddy paddock hell for leather.

Is that an open invitation?

andrea
4th July 2006, 19:48
not to impose or anything but how bout a fx150 suzuki? hehe hmmm oh well

MidnightMike
4th July 2006, 19:57
How about one of these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-60753863.htm :blip:

or one of these;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-61727275.htm

both look pretty cool in my opinion the second one is a little pricy tho. :shutup:

terbang
4th July 2006, 20:22
Welcome to the site and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Here is a joke:
Q/ What is the similarity between fat chicks and Motor scooters.!

A/They are both great fun to ride until your mates catch yer on them..

texmo
4th July 2006, 20:47
Is that an open invitation?
yes, any scooter can race. watching is what I will be doing though.

ASKA
4th July 2006, 23:32
wow !!!:yes:
I think I joined the right club, a lot of feedbacks and help. :rockon:
THANKS AGAIN for all feedbacks.
I might go to motorbike shops tomorrow again to have a look for the models u guys suggested.
Maybe we will have an election to vote which bike I should get. :second:

ZeroIndex
4th July 2006, 23:50
I might go to motorbike shops tomorrow again to have a look for the models u guys suggested.
welcome to the site!! hope you manage to find the scooter that you're looking for, and that it goes forever :D

texmo
5th July 2006, 13:02
Scooter shops sell scooters. Motoycycle shops sell motorbikes.

Go to a scooter shop dude.

ASKA
6th July 2006, 21:58
ok I think I need go to the scooter shops
Anyone know any large scootes shops in ALK??
cos I alredy been to some motorbike shops around city.
But only saw few Brand of scooters. sym.suzuki.aprilia....
didnt see alot model of scootes :innocent:
THanks everyone feedback
I hope I can decide which scoote I like to buy on next week :scooter:

texmo
6th July 2006, 22:52
Scooter world 302 great north road, opposite red baron.
Scooter E motion cant rember what number but I think its on ruirui st its the third street on the left going down new north road after the intersection of new north road and mt eden road.
I highly reccomend getting a vespa if you can afford it your not paying for the name. Scooter world have a skipper 150cc four stroke piaggo scooter in now second hand thats going cheep.

ASKA
6th July 2006, 23:05
Thank you ''texmo'' u help me alot. I would like to go the shops u told me this weekend.
''Vespa'' I like the Vespa scooter but someone told me. the Vespa engine is on the left side hard to balance when u turn left ??

ZeroIndex
7th July 2006, 06:26
Thank you ''texmo'' u help me alot. I would like to go the shops u told me this weekend.
''Vespa'' I like the Vespa scooter but someone told me. the Vespa engine is on the left side hard to balance when u turn left ??
even if it was 'more difficult to balance' you'd get used to it in no time.. i work for dxmail (on a honda ct110), and the pannier weight is always changing, and after a 2 days or so, you learn to counter-balance the weight, and you don't even realise it..

texmo
7th July 2006, 16:00
The older vespas such as a px150 have the moto on the right side. Now the newer scooters motors are in the center with the auto transmition on the right, they are not hard at all to balance and I struggled to scrape my gilera runners transmition. The only time you will find it hard to balance is when pulling wheelies they pull to the left.

The_Dover
7th July 2006, 16:06
Watch out for Texmo, he might try and pull the stiff pink one eye on you.

But then again, you want a scooter so that may be your kinda thing!!

mstriumph
7th July 2006, 16:52
a scooter? :scooter:

*cringes*

oh well - welcome to the site anyway .........

texmo
8th July 2006, 02:03
Watch out for Texmo, he might try and pull the stiff pink one eye on you.

But then again, you want a scooter so that may be your kinda thing!!
Fuck ya, you rode my scooter and enjoyed it. Plus I flipped mine twice and still rode it around you only did it once and couldnt move for a week.

ASKA
11th July 2006, 21:22
Hi guys
I went to scooter shops last weekend
have seen some scooters I really like I think I need get scooter over 100cc it may easy let me riding on the road but still dont know which one I should get?
Aprilia Mojito125
SYM GTS 125
SYM MIO 100
SYM JET SportX 100
RV 150
GTR 150

Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters?
Maybe I'll start the election to vote which bike I should get soon :scooter:
thanks for help:rockon:

texmo
12th July 2006, 12:49
IMHO none are any good apart from the aprilia, I can tell you havent test ridden any.

ZeroIndex
12th July 2006, 14:07
Hi guys
I went to scooter shops last weekend
have seen some scooters I really like I think I need get scooter over 100cc it may easy let me riding on the road but still dont know which one I should get?
Aprilia Mojito125
SYM GTS 125
SYM MIO 100
SYM JET SportX 100
RV 150
GTR 150

Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters?
Maybe I'll start the election to vote which bike I should get soon :scooter:
thanks for help:rockon:
don't know much about scooters, but the scooter in the picture looks mean :)